NFS:MW- Car runs on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

manusag

Journeyman
guys m gaming on 6200le 256mb gfx card. i knw card is crappy but it runs mw n other games fine. now the problem is if i press accl. d car goes on its own for 2-3 sec, even pressing d hand break is if no use. If i press right turn for 1-2 sec, d car takes 360 turn. It looks like d car is gliding. And it happens in every other game whether CS:CZ, Mafia,GRAW, etc. HELP ME:confused:

jal_desai

In the zone
hey make sure ur bluetooth is not ON... coz someone may be playing pranks thru handling ur keybord functionality with mobile key pad... WE always used to do this with one of our friend in this VERY game (most wanted) in the hostel.... HAD LOTSA FUN SEEING HIM GETTING BUSTED EVERYTIME AND GETTING SLAPPED BY THOSE COPS and his face so confused and angry.. :D :D :D

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
I'm sure it wont be any bluetooth problem. Try to set the graphics setting to default. It may even need a re install if problem not solved. And do mention full pc config.

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
yups there is no bluetooth problem.... reinstalling helps but only for 2-3 runs, aftr dat its again the same old problem....i thnk problem is d gfx card only...
my config..
p4 1.8 ghz, 1.5 gb ram.
P.S i hav already finished it twice on my crappy onboard grafix....

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
A keyboard problem, perhaps, since you mention it happens in other games too. Try increasing your USB Polling frequency, which will make it more accurate and less sensitive.

For XP SP3, try this - *www.erodov.com/community/showthread.php?t=5063

If you have a problem, I'll post another method to do this.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
check the level of defragmentation.
start->run->dfrg.msc

increase the virtual memory to 1GB (min. & max. value should be same, i.e 1024MB)

turn off any AntiVirus / AntiSpyware progs. when gaming.

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
guys there is no problem with the keyboard, tested on my frnd kb problem still persists.
as i already said reinstalling solves the problem but only for sometime i.e after fresh installation everything works fine but only for 4-5 runs( 1 run= 30 min of playing) after that again the same problem?? and it happens only in "games"
P.S i m still using xp sp2 and not sp3

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
it happens when u play for more than 3~4 races in one stretch. ie the menus gets sluggish and the keyboard buttons too gets sluggish, and acts weired. It happened with my older system.
quit the game and restart the game after evenry 2~3 races, and everythin ll be fine.
also, free as much ram u can before entering the game, by ending unwanted apps from taskmanager.

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
ram is almost 1000 mb free....but now every time i restart i cant play coz of dis weird problem. now if i play cs:cz d problem is there too, if i look right the guy keep lookking right n i cant aim.

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
wht do u mean by level of defragmentation.
and my minimum virtual memory is 2046 mb n max 4092 mb....shd i change it to 1024 mb both

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
see if OS drive (win XP) & the game drives (where u installed games) require/not defragmentation.

keep the Virtual mem. to 1024 MB. its enuf, as you have 1.5 GB of RAM.

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
tried it...d problem is still dere...and i dnt thnk it req. defrag. as i hav already formatted my pc

casual_gamer

In the zone
I once had same problem with nfs underground2. The car would drive on its own. After all the troubleshooting, finally i decided to unplug the cheap gamepad, and the game would work fine. But still, i didn't play the game coz of low framerate on my outdated p3 machine.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
btw are your gfx. drivers latest?
get latest DX9c from www.microsoft.com

what bout antivirus... close/exit them before gaming.
btw wat AV are you using?

use this patch to run the game in "windowed mode".

open task manager, then run the game, then see how much CPU & RAM NFS MW is eating.
if around 50%, then its ok, RAM = ~500MB

Patch - Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Window Mode

Patch source : www.games.softpedia.com

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
hey thnx for the patch...game runs absolutly fine. no problems....but in fullscreen mode same problem persists... i cant always play in windowed mode....any other solution..
btw in windowed mode cpu usage was 40% and memory 270000k
i m using nod32 latest antivirus n m also dnldng latest dx(june 08)

toofan

Technomancer
I too have the same problem with the NFS: Pro street.

The basic problem is the graphic power the game needs. You need a good mid range graphic card to run this game properly. Just upgrade ur graphic card and the problem will be solved.

Car races needs high speed of data transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom