NEXUS 7 ultra battery drain

Prashmith

Journeyman
I recently purchased the 2012 nexus 7 from flipkart,it worked fine untill kitkat update after which battery drains like wildfire! It laste 4 hours under normal use as opposed to the usually 7-9

It's all after kitkat update that I can be sure :-/

Currently the tablet is rooted with supersu and twerp recovery ,
It has screen brightness as the no.1 battery killer followed by android os or so on

I tried all apps and everything.A few of them work by putting tablet to deep sleep ,wifi off and all such

It is 6 months old please help me

I am in Delhi and dont know any service playEs and even flip kart tells to go to nexus service centre

Please help thank you.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Take a backup of you rom then remove facebook and google plus using titanium backup.

Then download adnetwork detector from playstore run a scan see which apps are ad supported remove them from your phone there are are ad free alternatives in play store for e.g you can use wondershare player instead of MX player.

Hope this will solve your problem.

OP
P

Prashmith

Journeyman
Nope sorry SPEND ALL TIME trying above but nothing works well,everywhere on google nexus 7 lag but nowhere a fix for it any other help ,

Caan i DEMOTE the tablet to android jelly bean or clean the tablet completely by installing any other rom or something like that

BY THE WAY,no personal files are present so i. Can withiut tension kill the tablet:) please help me

Minion

Conversation Architect
Search XDA for Stock jellybean rom for nexus 7 flash it.If this fails then you have to visit service center.

OP
P

Prashmith

Journeyman
ALLRIGHT! Service center here i come ,stock jelly bean rom did nothing rather then downgrading the batter drains like wildfire,I will be taking it to derive center and doing with it:-/

Gollum

Collector
I have kitkat on my nexus 7 2012 but I don't have any battery problem.
I don't have it rooted and I have set the option to auto turn off wifi when screen is off.
my battery lasts like 3 days lol

$hadow

Geek in making
There is something definitely wrong with your tab.
Every one I know having n7 is getting a good backup under heavy usage. I am getting 2 days on normal usage.

Top Bottom