NEXUS 7 (2012): to buy now or wait?

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Dad needs a tablet primarily for web surfing (via wifi), listening music, watching videos & movies, occasional reading. With a budget of 10K, I suggested Samsung Tab 2 P3110... but it's already out of stock everywhere.
Now I stumbled upon the Amazon.in price of Nexus 7 16gb at 11,999. I've never shopped from Amazon and the trusted Flipkart however shows "Coming Soon".

Now my questions are:
1. Should I go for the deal from Amazon.in or will I wait for Flipkart to stock?
2. With the availability of the current Nexus 7, is the price of 2012 model going to drop down further or it will simply go out of stock rapidly like the Tab 2?
3. Does anybody have any info about it's availability and price in Kolkata? I prefer buying gadgets locally :|
4. How is the Asus India support for this product?

Thanks all in advance

quagmire

Allllright !
I'm pretty sure when 2013 version releases 16GB wifi only will cost no less than 16k. If u can extend your budget then yes definitely wait.

OP
Death_Knight

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Going by the Nexus launch scenario in India, the wait for the 2013 version may be forever :p And the launch price would be way above my budget of 10k... so no doubt regarding waiting for the newer one. My query lies in getting the 2012 version only.

quagmire

Allllright !
^Nexus 7 (2012) is not a compromise at all at that price. Maybe an year old hardware but rocks on Android 4.3. :wink:
1000 times its "competitors".

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If not having a back camera isn't an issue, go for the Nexus 7 2012. Amazon.in is very reliable and the pricing is unbeatable(for now).

OP
Death_Knight

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Gosh! The checkout process generated "We're sorry. This item can't be delivered to your selected destination.".... and I am staying in the heart of Kolkata. The product page was showing that the item could be delivered to my location all this time :shock:
This is lame :x

Top Bottom