Next Generation Yahoo Messenger built with WPF and .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
At the Consumer Electronics Show this week, Yahoo showed off some cool demos with their next generation messenger client (you can watch a video of it in action at *messenger.yahoo.com/vista). One of the really cool things about the new messenger client is that it was built using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and the .NET Framework.

Source: *weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/01/07/next-generation-yahoo-messenger-built-with-wpf-and-net.aspx

G

gxsaurav

that is the new Yahoo messenger, coooooooool, i m drooling over the UI. Now i just hope they provide an option of chat bubbles like that in Google talk. User selected colors scheme like WLM is also a possibility it seems.

Tabber conversasion are welcome, but i don't like it. & i hope this time they give the same emoticons but in flash format, they look more smoother then the one we have right now

I liked the Mac versions UI more then messenger 8, but this beats the hell out of it. MS has really given the developers a very good designing tool with WPF, next gen apps are sure gonna rock

G

gxsaurav

well, all the eye candy aside, in the end, what matters is weather it is able to implement chat features as good as current messenger. There should be an option weather to detatch or attach the webcam windows, to the IM window, like WLM.

Calling feature, should be given as a plugin. Those who don't want it, can chose not to install it, even in the US version. Indian version is free from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom