Next-gen iPhone spotted in the wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
actually yeas its true.... i hve heard this also...lots of things..that mac-win episode in 80s..which lead to Microsoft the one big mistake in the world of s/w was enough for apple...

Steve is actaully adamnt abt it....actually engineers dont care...its the integration engineers who are in hell...this practise is in lotsa companies nowadays...medical apps...guidance systems..lots of places...

actually s/w fellows only need the spec sheets..they dont have to see the screen they only need the resolutions..lol...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
aryayush said:
Even the 5MP cameras on the N95 don't exactly take print quality pictures
Does too. I've seen the print-outs of N95 camera pics and they were as good as any digital camera out there.
aryayush said:
so what's the point of clicking huge 5MP pictures and wasting space?
You don't necessarily have to click at 5mp every time. You can reduce the resolution if you're short of space. You can click pictures at 2mp in N95 but you cannot click pictures at 5mp in iPhone.

And please don't compare the camera of N95 with the iPhone's. iPhone's camera maybe good but it's nowhere near to the one in N95. It's like comparing Maruti 800 with a BMW. You do reach your destination in both the cars. But the experience you get is different in each of them and cannot be compared.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Again, the megapixels have nothing to do with the quality. Nothing at all.

I agree,but my point is that if u compare i phone's camera quality with say, k 810 i(with 2 mp enabled),then overall k 810 i would win esp regarding underexposed photos.Thats why i said I phone may be the best 2 mp camera phone coz it cant compete & win against many higher mp camera phones.

That is what I love most about it. There's just one button. You click on it and it takes a decent picture. That's it. I love it.

U can do that with other phones if u need,but with customisation u may get better pics than without customisation.

For a camera, yes. For a phone, not quite. The thinness of the phone and better battery life are much more important than the presence of a flash, in my humble opinion.

Having a xenon flash doesnt dramatically decrease battery life unless u r taking loots of photos without lights.My k 810 i is thin (thinner than k 800 & k 790) & has a pretty good battery life too.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
U can do that with other phones if u need,but with customisation u may get better pics than without customisation.
That's why people like me try to customise and end up with crappy pictures. The default settings are pretty much useless anyway, so customisation is not optional—it's a prerequisite for taking good photos on these phones.

You guys just don't get the Apple philosophy. Customisation is exactly what the company tries to avoid in its products, because while 20% of the users might get better results with all sorts of tweaks and stuff, 80% of them just ruin the thing. Apple strives to make it as easy as possible for the 80%. And you might not appreciate it, but the fact is that Apple's products do a better job at what they do because of this philosophy.

The iPhone doesn't do some things: video recording, 3G and whatnot. But the things it does, it does better than most (if not all) others. It let's you surf the Internet like no other phone does, it lets you actually use email on the phone like it's supposed to be used, it plays your music and videos well enough that you'll actually use it often, it works just swell as a phone and it takes good pictures. Maybe not the best of the bunch, but it doesn't do a poor job. And it lets you do it at the click of a button.

That's all I want from my gadgets. They should just work. Call me a fanboy if you will, but I'm fully acclimatised to Apple's philosophy and have no problem with my phone not being able to do with a 6600 can do. I knew what it doesn't do when I bought it. I'm more concerned with the fact that what my phone does do, it does better than any other phone out there. That's all I need. :)

Having a xenon flash doesnt dramatically decrease battery life unless u r taking loots of photos without lights.My k 810 i is thin (thinner than k 800 & k 790) & has a pretty good battery life too.
Yeah, that's because it does not have a lot of the things the iPhone has, the most primary of which is the screen. Like I said, I think that things like the screen are far more important on a mobile phone than a flash. You've got to prioritise and compromise everywhere. No product has everything you want. You just have to choose the product that has the right priorities and does the right compromises according to your needs. If a camera is an important feature of a mobile phone, maybe the iPhone isn't for you. I needed a phone that I can watch videos, surf the Internet and check my email on and the iPhone, according to me, best suits my needs. Your mileage may vary. :)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
That's why people like me try to customise and end up with crappy pictures. The default settings are pretty much useless anyway, so customisation is not optional—it's a prerequisite for taking good photos on these phones.

It really comes as a surprise to me that customisation is so difficult,the options (except maybe the focus options ie macro & infinite,are rather easy to follow).All the options are pretty self-explanatory.Besides,even if i set all to auto,i get a good quality picture.Dunno with other phones though.

The iPhone doesn't do some things: video recording, 3G and whatnot. But the things it does, it does better than most (if not all) others.

Have to agree with u on that.And the missing features would come in future.(but who needs 3g in india anyway,but support bluetooth headsets would be good)

Yeah, that's because it does not have a lot of the things the iPhone has, the most primary of which is the screen. Like I said, I think that things like the screen are far more important on a mobile phone than a flash. You've got to prioritise and compromise everywhere. No product has everything you want. You just have to choose the product that has the right priorities and does the right compromises according to your needs. If a camera is an important feature of a mobile phone, maybe the iPhone isn't for you.

Good point.So u agree camera is not that good.But what i want to stress upon is that i phone can be made better by satisfying the requirements of ppl like me(who are looking for a convergence device:good video+music player+camera+phone).No phone is perfect,but i phone has better chance of perfection now that they have created such a good touch interface & user base.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Again, yes, it can be equipped with those things, but to accomplish that, Apple will have to make a thicker (and probably even heavier) iPhone.

I don't think they're ever going to do that, nor do most iPhone customers want them to. :)

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
It really comes as a surprise to me that customisation is so difficult,the options (except maybe the focus options ie macro & infinite,are rather easy to follow).All the options are pretty self-explanatory.Besides,even if i set all to auto,i get a good quality picture.Dunno with other phones though.

Have to agree with u on that.And the missing features would come in future.(but who needs 3g in india anyway,but support bluetooth headsets would be good)

Good point.So u agree camera is not that good.But what i want to stress upon is that i phone can be made better by satisfying the requirements of ppl like me(who are looking for a convergence device:good video+music player+camera+phone).No phone is perfect,but i phone has better chance of perfection now that they have created such a good touch interface & user base.

You know, you do have a point there. The iPhone is a great base to reach towards the perfect phone.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Again, yes, it can be equipped with those things, but to accomplish that, Apple will have to make a thicker (and probably even heavier) iPhone.

I don't think they're ever going to do that, nor do most iPhone customers want them to. :)

Let's see.I think its inevitable that i phone will go on to support all the features it missed at a later time when they dont have to compromise much of lightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom