Newbie Need help with Budget PC configuration

babysteps

Right off the assembly line
Help needed to upgrade my old P4 for around 12 K and can stretch for a maximum of 15k.:-?

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? Which games? Which applications?

Ans: Browsing, PDF, Microsoft Office, Utorrent, downloading, NFS (Old), AoE 3. No high End Games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: Best 12 K but can stretch till 15K.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows XP (Already Have it.)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 500 GB preferable but am willing to settle for 320 GB as I have external HDD's totaling up to 4.5 TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: No. Will continue using my old Monitor. (CRT Monitor). Planning to buy LCD within 6 months. Cant buy now as i think it would definitely exceed budget which i cannot afford. Also I watch downloaded movies on my Toshiba TV

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Sony 22X DVD writer, Am planning to use my old Local Cabinet, also have a UPS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Within the month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Assembler (cost of assembly not included in above budget)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Kolkata. (Please suggest best places to buy from) Online is also cool

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans:Do let me know if the parts I am planning to reuse are fine or I should buy new. Also the old PC has a 40 GB hard disk what can that be used for ( If anything)?

Many thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel Based:

Intel Pentium G630 @ 3.4K
Gigabyte FA-B75M-D3H @ 4.1K
MSI/Sapphire HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5.2K
Corsair Value Series 4GB X 1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA @ 3.4K
Umax/Frontech 700W SPMS with 120mm Fan @ 0.7K (Very important, don't use cheap local SMPS that comes with the Cabinet)

Total 18K.

The above configuration will serve all your need properly. For Shops in Kolkata, Visit Vedant Computers in Ganesh Chandra Avenue. They offer real good prices and well aware of our forum. While making the purchase, do mention that you're from Digit forum which might lead to a chance of price discount.

OP
B

babysteps

Thanks Cilus for the quick response :) . Its still exceeding my budget. Any way I could go lower? :-?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get a cheaper H61 motherboard available around 2.8K. Also you can get a cheaper Graphics card like HD 6670 DDR3 @ 4K

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
ASRock H61M-PS2 Motherboard - ASRock: Flipkart.com MOBO Go with this
Corsair CX430v2 2.2K Go with this

PC will be safe

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that asrock h61m is a bad choice,no gigabit lan & no dvi port either.not recommended when you can get Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H by spending just ~300 more.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
^^ Guess he is correct.

*www.flipkart.com/msi-h61m-p20-g3-m...icmpid=reco_pp_same_motherboard_motherboard_2

This??

Last edited:
OP
B

babysteps

Thanks Everyone. I will be checking online retailers and visit the shop suggested by Cilus this weekend. Will update.:-o

Top Bottom