New virus attack

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Trojan.gen.2 has attaced my friend's pc and symantec end point protection 11 has been able to quarantine it only. it cannot remove it . every time he enters into net it gives POPUP "Trojan.gen.2 detected".

how can he get rid of it?

nims11

BIOS Terminator
that means there is some part of the virus which is downloading the other part when the PC is connected to the net. update the antivirus is not updated. Better still, perform an online scan

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Install another antivirus, and scan computer after updating the same.
Or use any online antivirus scan. Like HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
download this: McAfee AVERT Stinger 10.1.0.1551 & scan your friends system. else try avira without installing Shield/resident protection & scan for virus.

gameranand

Living to Play
avichandana2000 said:
Will renaming a virus affected file and then deleting it help?
Rarely. Actually when there is a virus attack it doesn't just infect 1 file or there is not just 1 virus or malware file but there are tons of em so renaming and deleting is a pain. Also most of the time you just delete the file and it will just reappear at the same place after some time. Best solution is to do online scan or I prefer Avast boot scan.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Trojan.gen.2 has attaced my friend's pc and symantec end point protection 11 has been able to quarantine it only. it cannot remove it . every time he enters into net it gives POPUP "Trojan.gen.2 detected".

how can he get rid of it?

either google for the trojan name & download the removal tool if any....
or install another antivirus such as avast,bitdefender,avira etc

if people dnt update their antivirus database then 90% chance increases of attack :-D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You may try a software like Malware Bytes Anti Malware. Its good to remove a virus

Link ->
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
oh great solution.. just format it when virus comes..
what about the other drives dear… that may be still infected… and your pen drives or any other portable media???

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Yup max. peoples format their C: drive without knowing that the other drives are already infected and as soon he will boot into Windows the virus will again attack C: drive.

gameranand

Living to Play
krishnandu.sarkar said:
Yup max. peoples format their C: drive without knowing that the other drives are already infected and as soon he will boot into Windows the virus will again attack C: drive.
Specially if that is the freaking virus who makes folders.exe every place or other files. People just format C: Drive and think that virus is gone but the thing is virus still exists on their PC.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I had similar virus. I used to be confused what are those exe's. And then bam! Virus

One day I formatted by PC 6 times. At the 7th time I installed AVG Free and did full scan. After 5 hours of scanning my PC was finally virus free :))

Top Bottom