NOPE....
but he got busted :p
Shame Shame Puppy Shame !! | Nikhil Pai Blogs

a simple app called phpfox made the whole thing :p

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ that nikhil pai guy is awesome hes a great cartonist and the one of the master mind of a food reviewing of mangalore

Exactly this boy did get toooo much attention! Like interviewed by press :lol:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok here is what I did. :p

My first doubt was which CMS/script/tool he has used to do it build the website..

I went through the script files of the site.. those were professionally build.. no way a kid can do that, I could not identify the framework he was using as there was not much information available in the source pages , I checked the whois details, but it was masked.

I checked couple of Free social media tools available but none of them matched.
as I couldn't identify the exact tool used to create his website, I couldn't accuse him of using a tool/framework.

and thanks to the link posted above .. I now know its phpfox ;)

I would say that the boy went too far about publicity. I still do appreciate he managed to customize and host the application, cause I have seen many developers finding it difficult to host their own projects in a web host. so kudos to him.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^Well i agree with you.But Why did the media without having any knowledge have to make a big hype about it??
They are so many other kids who have/Had done great things at his age.But there not interviewed or anything.But they silently continue there work??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
so what is the kid's reaction now?

hjthegeek

Broken In
It is a phpfox v3 powered site, I know because I develop for it. You will find kids these day making a site with phpfox or social engine and then brag that they made it. It just took an hour to set it up. The process goes as follows:

1. Upload all the files through ftp
2. Chmod file permissions
3. Make a database and start installation procedure.
4. Make the customization like change the theme, name, logo and then brag I made it. :lol:

NO OFFENCE INTENDED.