New Rig Query

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Thanks omega,
I am not sure if I can wait till September for the likes of legion 5. That is why I am looking everywhere.
Here's a list of laptops I put together scraping and shaking amazon.

*www.amazon.in/dp/B084S4S83X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lkI2EbB119HFM

*www.amazon.in/dp/B084S4N9ZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6mI2Eb6624CZ8

*www.amazon.in/dp/B085Y772L4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.qI2EbNK26PFB

*www.amazon.in/dp/B07S5F6TJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FuI2EbVSZGWK8

*www.amazon.in/dp/B07VRF2N8D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2GI2EbQC20945

The most surprising for me was seeing acer concept d5 available but it was 8th gen and vega graphics at 160k i guess. Though its obsolete now but that is the best screen available.

The 2060 y540 is not displaying price on Amazon but if you go into the buying options youll see 123k.
Speaking of which is the ram upgradable on the y540 coz some listings show 16gb of max 16gb on amazon.

Legion y545 had one listing at 170k approx

Found msi creator models, I know you guys advice against msi but I wanted explore all available.
They have 2 models at 140k and 160k.

I'll look out on flipkart as well. I have never ordered from them. Is it safe to buy laptops from flipkart?
How has the experience been if you've purchased through them?

Cheers,
Aby

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found msi creator models, I know you guys advice against msi but I wanted explore all available.
They have 2 models at 140k and 160k.
Then make sure to check this thread & keep this guy reddit id(fb id you can also get) handy in case you need support in future.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/msi-mobo-rma.208354/

I'll look out on flipkart as well. I have never ordered from them. Is it safe to buy laptops from flipkart?
How has the experience been if you've purchased through them?
No experience but definitely make an unboxing video from beginning to the end as you don't want to be this guy(do read the entire first/op's post):

Lenovo Y545 has inferior thermals to Y540. As said earlier, only 144Hz panel has close to 100% sRGB coverage, not those 60Hz in gaming laptops. XPS 15 & Acer Concept are a different story.

I bought my first laptop from Flipkart in 2013. Delivery was good. But better be safe than sorry, as whitestar mentioned.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Thanks both of you,
Here are some laptops from flipkart I felt are worth considering.

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/asus-rog-zephyr...q?pid=COMFHNY8WQEKSGJ6&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-predator-h...2?pid=COMFMGBPNGUXYA4V&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-g-core-i7-9...1?pid=COMFP64FKMVCH3ZG&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-predator-h...c?pid=COMFHNY8NUTBD3C7&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-helios-300...3?pid=COMFHNY8FVYKCDP4&cmpid=product.share.pp

I must say there is whole predator lineup there but triton 500 and 700 go into older Intel generations.
I found a 70k triton 300 with i5 would you suggest it to people looking in that budget?

What are some other online websites you would recommend for buying a laptop?
I have checked out azom, only exigo will be with in reach though. It can easily reach 150k+.
The plus point is we get desktop i7 but I wish they had ryzen alternates too.

Regards,
Aby

Acer Helios 300 is the best gaming laptop around 1 lakh, followed by Lenovo Y540.

The Helios 300 with RTX 2060 at 125k is ok-ish, if you want to buy something now. MSI GF65 ain't worth that price, it should have been GL65, at least, if not GE65.

With new laptops coming soon, price drops are imminent.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Hello again everyone,
Just saw the zephyrus g14 and legion 5i on Amazon.
The 16gb variants are nowhere to be seen.
Most have 1650 ti in them.
Thats the case for omen 15 as well.

When will the higher g14 variants appear? And will helios 300 2020 come to us soon as well?
What are your thoughts on the models made available as of yet.
I am thinking 16gb + 1660ti combo, haven't really fixated onto a cpu yet.
Please suggest if there are other options to explore as well.

TIA
Aby

There's an HP Omen with R5 4600H, 1660Ti, 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM but 60Hz display for 86k, good in all respects except the display.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
That one's a steal for gaming I guess if the battery backup is great its win win.
If it is 72% ntsc color gamut and above I can go with that but how easy is the ram and ssd upgrade that matters.
8gb wont be enough for programs like Zbrush and photoshop.

What processor is the R5 4600H comparable to?

That one's a steal for gaming I guess if the battery backup is great its win win.
If it is 72% ntsc color gamut and above I can go with that but how easy is the ram and ssd upgrade that matters.
8gb wont be enough for programs like Zbrush and photoshop.

What processor is the R5 4600H comparable to?
An i7 10750H, in many cases, defeats that i7 by 5% or so.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
How do the graphic cards in the laptops stack up against each other from 1660ti to rtx 2060 desktop.
And what is the difference between lenovo y740 and y540.

And do you guys think compromising on the display on the laptop and getting a drawing display like the cintiq and its alternatives will be a good decision?

How do the graphic cards in the laptops stack up against each other from 1660ti to rtx 2060 desktop.
And what is the difference between lenovo y740 and y540.

And do you guys think compromising on the display on the laptop and getting a drawing display like the cintiq and its alternatives will be a good decision?
1660Ti is the best value GPU IMO, you get desktop GTX 1660 like performance which is not far away from desktop GTX 1660Ti. Check that video. Above 1660Ti, in laptops you get minute 10% jump & a lot more increase in prices per higher tier GPU.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1660Ti is the best value GPU IMO, you get desktop GTX 1660 like performance which is not far away from desktop GTX 1660Ti. Check that video. Above 1660Ti, in laptops you get minute 10% jump & a lot more increase in prices per higher tier GPU.
Correct but there are some scenarios where one might need RTX2060.e.g.when work involves using tensor cores for some data set processing.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I am looking for 4800h 16gb 1660ti if someone releases it otherwise I guess will have to settle for 4600h 16gb 2060/1660ti.
Would have opted for 10750h but that too is not being paired with 1660ti.
Other factor is screen colour reproduction, Ill have to buy an external display for laptops like Tuf A15.
I can buy drawing tablets with screen but then that is another 30k atleast.
9750h isnt really a rendering processor but i can look at 1660ti and 2060 configs though each of those laptops have their prices bloated right now.
Where does the 5600m on the dell g 15 se stand in comparison to nvidia's offerings?

I am looking for 4800h 16gb 1660ti if someone releases it otherwise I guess will have to settle for 4600h 16gb 2060/1660ti.
Would have opted for 10750h but that too is not being paired with 1660ti.
Other factor is screen colour reproduction, Ill have to buy an external display for laptops like Tuf A15.
I can buy drawing tablets with screen but then that is another 30k atleast.
9750h isnt really a rendering processor but i can look at 1660ti and 2060 configs though each of those laptops have their prices bloated right now.
Where does the 5600m on the dell g 15 se stand in comparison to nvidia's offerings?
Intel i7 9750H/10750H perform very similar to R5 4600H, no major differences if both are properly cooled.

5600M is similar to GTX 1660Ti, so definitely a big jump from GTX 1650Ti or RX 5500M. But Dell's gaming laptops have bad thermals. They are like Intel's cut off temp is 105C, so 100C is fine & people are being paranoid. Everyone says 90C+ is bad for longevity of components. Also, I don't think you can control AMD CPUs like you can do with Intel's CPU, like lowering max freq, lowering voltage & capping power draw. MSI Afterburner's GPU voltage curve editor should still work though on 5600M, not 100% sure.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Might go for 10750h or dell 15 se then because lenovo might not bring rtx 2060 configs to India for the new laptops.
1660 ti zephyrus g14 with 4800h and 16gb ram is listed currently unavailable on a amazon.
The new strix g also come with 45%ntsc screens. Hoping the scar will be good otherwise only the hp envy 15 is left.
Or may be the zephyrus m.

Do high end laptop cooling pads exist? What options are available in India?
What do you guys think about my idea of getting the a15 and hooking it up with a drawing display.

The ipad pro wifi+cellular 256 gb is 112k but tab s7 is looking good with windows integration.
What prices can I expect s7 to be here?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Do high end laptop cooling pads exist? What options are available in India?
Get good thermal paste (like NT-H1, MasterGel Nano, MX-4 or "newer and thicker" Kryonaut Extreme) and 4 empty tic tac boxes to use as stand-offs below the laptop's feet.
The ipad pro wifi+cellular 256 gb is 112k but tab s7 is looking good with windows integration.
LMAO at that ipad Indian pricing. Pre-corona, you could take a 1 week trip to Dubai/Malaysia, buy it there and still save money.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,
Hp omen has a decent model out now, should I go for it?
What all do I need to know about this laptop before considering it?
Here is the link:
*store.hp.com/in-en/default/omen-laptop-15-en0037ax-26h93pa.html

Thanks
Aby

Top Bottom