New RIG - 40K max.

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hey guys!!

A friend asked me to suggest a rig for his brother who is a Mech. Engg. student. His main purpose would be just coding and designing. He told me he would primarily be using AUTO CAD a lot and Other softwares as and when he needs them. He would also like to game sometime. He saw me playing crysis 2 and he wants that he should have good looking graphics when he plays games. So please suggest me the config. The purchase would be made on 3rd October (lucky day for him). I browsed the forumms a bit but i am not getting enough time to properly compare stuff. So help me out.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly designing in AUTO CAD. Moderate gaming (graphics must look good)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40000 INR MAX

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NEVER

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: WINDOWS 7 ( May be LINUX)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB ( I know prices are high)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: REQUIRED SCREEN SIZE - 20"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: NONE

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: OCTOBER 3RD,2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I WILL DO IT FOR MY FRIEND. I HAVE INSTALLED THE GPU, PSU, HARD DISKS AND DVD ROMS IN MY PC. IF I FACE A PROBLEM I SHALL CALL A PROFESSIONAL.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: KOLKATA. HE MAY NOT BE OPEN TO ONLINE BUYING.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: NO

alohagamers

Right off the assembly line
dude i am jus skeptic about the use of computer and nothing else.
a mechanical engineering student just wont install auto cad on his pc and work on it for more than a day.
He just needs a gaming rig and auto cad is a brilliant excuse to indirectly say that he wants to play grand theft auto :p
no offense btw :)

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
dude i am jus skeptic about the use of computer and nothing else.
a mechanical engineering student just wont install auto cad on his pc and work on it for more than a day.
He just needs a gaming rig and auto cad is a brilliant excuse to indirectly say that he wants to play grand theft auto :p
no offense btw :)

Hahahaha none taken dude...i think it didn't come out right. The friend's brother is a mech student and my friend is interested on the game thing. Plus he watches a lot of movies. The gaming thing he started liking when he saw me playing Crysis 2. So i am hoping i would eventually convert him to a gamer as well. HEHE :D

UPDATE

I think people are too busy like me!! Haven't got an answer in 24 Hrs..strange :shock::blink:

akky89

Journeyman
Hahahaha none taken dude...i think it didn't come out right. The friend's brother is a mech student and my friend is interested on the game thing. Plus he watches a lot of movies. The gaming thing he started liking when he saw me playing Crysis 2. So i am hoping i would eventually convert him to a gamer as well. HEHE :D

UPDATE

I think people are too busy like me!! Haven't got an answer in 24 Hrs..strange :shock::blink:

intel i3 21207.3K
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard4.3K
corsair value ram 4gb1.3K
seagate/wd 500gb hdd4K
any DVD writer1K
cooler master elite 102K
corsair cx500 smps3.9K
LG 20" LED E2042C monitor6.4K
Logitech mk 2601.5K
AMD HD 7770 graphics card9.8K

total 41.5K
i know its a little over the budget but you can get this @40K after little bargain...

Cheers!

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
intel i3 21207.3K
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard4.3K
corsair value ram 4gb1.3K
seagate/wd 500gb hdd4K
any DVD writer1K
cooler master elite 102K
corsair cx500 smps3.9K
LG 20" LED E2042C monitor6.4K
Logitech mk 2601.5K
AMD HD 7770 graphics card9.8K

total 41.5K
i know its a little over the budget but you can get this @40K after little bargain...

Cheers!

Dude!!! No Hi-Fi stuff like wireless combos. A simple one would suffice. Plus You didn't mention any speakers. Atleast a 2.1 with sub-woofer is required.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
You can have this -

ComponentName Price
CPUCore i3 21207,000
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B75M-D3H4,500
RAMG.Skill RipjawsX 4GB F3-10666CL9S-4GBXL1,550
Graphics CardSapphire HD77709,000
PSUCorsair VS4502,000
CabinetNZXT Source 210 Elite2,500
HDDWD Caviar Blue 500GB3,700
MonitorLG 20" E2042C6,000
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24B5ST900
Keyboard + MouseLogitech Gaming Combo G1001600
SpeakersCreative SBS A120 2.11400
Total40,150

akky89

Journeyman
Dude!!! No Hi-Fi stuff like wireless combos. A simple one would suffice. Plus You didn't mention any speakers. Atleast a 2.1 with sub-woofer is required.

for speakers you can go for
Logitech Z313 Multimedia Speakers @ 2.1k or sony srs D4 @ 2.2K

and if you want to compensate the price for the speakers reduce the graphics to amd hd7750 @ 7.7K

and if you don't need wireless then can go for logitech mk200 combo @0.7K
but i still wanna ask why you don't want to have wireless... the price diff is not that great....

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
but i still wanna ask why you don't want to have wireless... the price diff is not that great....

The headache of changing Batteries!!:p

And i just noticed..UPS????????

EDIT

What about this config??

Processor Intel Core i5 2310 2.9 GHz 10244 MD COMPUTERS.in
Motherboard AsRock H61M 3198 FLIPKART
RAM Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1560 MD COMPUTERS.in
PSU Corsair VS450 450W 2530 MD COMPUTERS.in
Monitor AOC LED 2043 20" 5876 MD COMPUTERS.in
Hard Disk Seagate 500 GB 3588 MD COMPUTERS.in
Graphics Card ASUS R7750 1 GB 7791 FLIPKART
Optical Drive HP 24X DVD RW 984 MD COMPUTERS.in
KB + Mouse
UPS
Speakers
Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 310 ATX/M-ATX 1768 MD COMPUTERS.in

Total till now: 37539/- .... not complete yet ...i am at office right now will go home and take a look again!!

Last edited:
OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Lot need to change

Cpu- i5 2500k
Gpu- HD 7770
Psu- cx 500 at least

1. Why a K processor when NO overclocking is going to take place. EVER.
2. I believe 7750 would suffice the requirements of decent gaming. And would also help the budget. Taking a 7770 is of no use.
3. Why a cx500???? The power requirement of 7750 would be fulfilled by corsair VS 450 or a CX430 v2. Am i wrong about this??

akky89

Journeyman
1. Why a K processor when NO overclocking is going to take place. EVER.
2. I believe 7750 would suffice the requirements of decent gaming. And would also help the budget. Taking a 7770 is of no use.
3. Why a cx500???? The power requirement of 7750 would be fulfilled by corsair VS 450 or a CX430 v2. Am i wrong about this??

you really don't need K processors and with that res and moderate or less gaming hd 7750 would be fine but if you have little extra left then should go for hd 7770 it will improve the graphics quite a bit then 7750 and you'll be just fine with 450W psu.

and the build you asked about is good...
though remember mdcomputers asks for octori to be paid by you if applicable and all the prices are exclusive of shipping which is quite in case of mdcomputers..
and IMO don't go with ASRock cause they have issues with the phase circuitry and build quality... go with brands like asus and gigabyte they are well build and offer good value for you money specially gigabyte which tends to cost less then asus.
rest liked you rig.. it will be fine for the usage you defined earlier..

cheers!

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
you really don't need K processors and with that res and moderate or less gaming hd 7750 would be fine but if you have little extra left then should go for hd 7770 it will improve the graphics quite a bit then 7750 and you'll be just fine with 450W psu.

and the build you asked about is good...
though remember mdcomputers asks for octori to be paid by you if applicable and all the prices are exclusive of shipping which is quite in case of mdcomputers..
and IMO don't go with ASRock cause they have issues with the phase circuitry and build quality... go with brands like asus and gigabyte they are well build and offer good value for you money specially gigabyte which tends to cost less then asus.
rest liked you rig.. it will be fine for the usage you defined earlier..

cheers!

Feel good to be right!!!! :-D and why would i ship the products??? I am in kolkata as well as the shop. :lol: So i guess this is final..

P.S. please suggest me a decent UPS...... And which 2.1 would be VFM??

Top Bottom