New point and shoot camera arnd 15k

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac that really depends on when he is planning for DSLR and having a small P&S with DSLR is more recommended
Anyways price difference is just around 5k and benefits r too many.

Note : when u jump in DSLR world u will know that 5k is a very negligible sum of money :D :p
Each equipment I have for photography (except bag) cost more than 5k

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
yea...so i think I'll go for sx220 HS...but one more thing m concerned...does this one have a Panorama mode like the sony camera...

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
also one more thing...as most of the companies come up with new products in the jan,feb of the year...do you think is there a chance to get a new revised camera? Should i wait for a new release if at all?

also go through this list

sujoyp

Grand Master
New released cam will be costly initially ...and without a review its not worth taking risk

That top 10 list is fine...canon S95 is very good cam for its price but have less optical zoom and slightly costlier

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hey guys...I had finally closed down to sony hx7v and sx220hs...but just today one of my friend suggested to take a look at canon ixus 1100hs. I am totally confused now. Any help to clear the confusion.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Better zoom, larger aperture and full manual control vs automatic and touch screen (SX220 vs IXUS 1100)

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Guys...I am still not able to choose one...I am truly impressed with Canon sx220(zoom) but Sony HX9v too has impressive video shooting capability. If you guys can give me extra pointers on which one should I go for, it would be of great help.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Any more points that I should consider comparing the two? I want the camera to be worth every penny.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want to learn photography then go for Canon.
And if you just want to click good photos and videos and want good features in your camera then go for Sony

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I thought you have bought one... may be I don't remember.

I would still go with SX220. But if you kinda leaning towards HX9V, go for it. It's always good to go with what you like. And there are things HX9V score better like panorama, HDR, wider angle lens. Overall, almost both the cameras scores same. (Expert reviews)

So don't worry, go ahead any buy...

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Oh man!!! I don't know why its getting tough to choose one:-?, I liked how canon captures more details on high zoom and also the colors are good too but then Sony has excellent video shooting and image quality is comparable too....:|

I don't know what to do... :-(

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Guys...I am still not able to choose one...I am truly impressed with Canon sx220(zoom) but Sony HX9v too has impressive video shooting capability. If you guys can give me extra pointers on which one should I go for, it would be of great help.

yes.. sony hx9v video quality is superb..

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Received my Canon sx220 hs from flipkart....the packing was great. Had ordered it on last sunday, took 5 days to reach. Pics coming soon. :D

Top Bottom