New Phone for 15-20k : Is the Nexus S with JB for 14k good?

Techguy

In the zone
Hey there!

I want to buy a new phone below 20k. It should have android and also a nice touchsreen.

The local samsung store is willing to sell me a Nexus S with android 4.1.1 for Rs.14000.
Is it worth it? I thought of buying a phone that has been released later because of better chipset/ battery life.

What other alternatives would you recommend? How about the Xperia Go and the Xperia Neo L ?
What is the difference between the Xperia U and Xperia miro ?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
look for Nexus I9250 instead of 2 year old nexus s...also have a look at atrix 2, xolo x900, optimus L9, xperia p (if u r comfortable with low capacity battery)..these all are upper mid-end phones..

other phones u've mentions are lower mid-ends...

if u want rugged one then xperia go is on the way..dual core proccy + mali graphics..but low resolution screen...

neo l is good phone resembling old neo v look and features...cons => single core proccy + old adreno 205 gfx...lesser capable gpu than 2012 xperia line up..bt still powerpacked enough...

xperia u => best buy dual core processor phone under 15k...but no expansion slot..just 4gb internal memory..but has OTG support..so expandable memory option is still available...i dont understand why ppl criticize such phones for not having sd slot but having otg support...

xperia miro => it's 10-12k entry-level phone...u cant compare this one to all of the above

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
How about the Xperia P?
I know its 22k...

Please recommend a phone that has good battery life and is fast.... with android....

aroraanant

Explorer
Nexus S is too old.
Xperia P is a great phone, but it would be better if you look for One S it can be grabbed for around 22-23k from ebay with manufacturer warranty.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Get the desire X..nexus s is WAY too old..
The desire X ,seeing the specs should get JB very soon...

also have a look at atrix 2, xolo x900, optimus L9, xperia p (if u r comfortable with low capacity battery)..these all are upper mid-end phones..
AFAIK the L9 hasnt even been launched...

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Get the desire X..nexus s is WAY too old..
The desire X ,seeing the specs should get JB very soon...

AFAIK the L9 hasnt even been launched...

L9 will launch soon.. Don't look for desire x... Incomplete phone... Dual core processor given to adreno 203 gpu... Performance issues... It's like god giving someone extra two hands but taking one leg back...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Nexus S wont get JB 4.2, Google has confirmed it. No Android 4.2 update for Nexus S and Motorola Xoom - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

desai_amogh

In the zone
me too looking for a good android fone under 20k. is there a good fone with dual core processor, 1GB ram and JB upgrade ?? (i heard motoroala clossing shop in India so not considering Atrix 2.. is it true ??)

sharang_3

Journeyman
id avoid a single core at 20k. also check htc 8s..I think wp aint that bad afterall..here's a list of good dual core phones around 20k..

sjstays

Broken In
any news of Moto Razr XT910 getting the jelly bean update? i am also trying to spend my heard earned 20k on a new phone... so need all your help and advice :)

sharang_3

Journeyman
Spend a thousand more and get the New Nexus 4. Its worth it.

that comes without warranty..if ur willing to risk that much..and as for jb on razr..i would count much on it..since moto released its successor chances are it may not get official JB afterall, but you never know since google took over moto recently...though xperia p is getting it for sure..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
any news of Moto Razr XT910 getting the jelly bean update? i am also trying to spend my heard earned 20k on a new phone... so need all your help and advice :)

Razr and Atrix 2 both have exact same spec and Google said Atrix 2's Android 4.0 update is the end of road so don't expect any more update for Razr. And lastly reason to avoid razr is the battery backup. Instead spending less and getting Atrix 2 makes lot more sense. Secondly, One S beats Razr in terms of looks and cost almost same too.

sure but can u plz point it out :)..i double checked the specs again..didnt found any error

HTC Desire SV is not worth it. Processor is weak, camera is weak (can't even handle 720p recording). Also Sola and S Advanced has Mali 400 (single core). MP usually means multicore. So performance will not even come close to Galaxy S2/S3/Note/Note2. BTW HTC 8S is yet to be launched here and should be priced around 25k.

sharang_3

Journeyman
Razr and Atrix 2 both have exact same spec and Google said Atrix 2's Android 4.0 update is the end of road so don't expect any more update for Razr. And lastly reason to avoid razr is the battery backup. Instead spending less and getting Atrix 2 makes lot more sense. Secondly, One S beats Razr in terms of looks and cost almost same too.

HTC Desire SV is not worth it. Processor is weak, camera is weak (can't even handle 720p recording). Also Sola and S Advanced has Mali 400 (single core). MP usually means multicore. So performance will not even come close to Galaxy S2/S3/Note/Note2. BTW HTC 8S is yet to be launched here and should be priced around 25k.

yup thats the single core one..took the specs from gsmarena, was listed as 400mp there, was wondering the same thing as whether this was the same gpu as the one in s3..thanks..and as for sv heck why is that s4 so weak..i mean even an s2 on my neo v can handle 720p..

BTW HTC 8S is yet to be launched here and should be priced around 25k.
HTC made an announcement a few weeks back where they priced 8s at 20 k and 8x at 33-34k..don't think the prices should vary much from these..

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and as for sv heck why is that s4 so weak..i mean even an s2 on my neo v can handle 720p..

even Qualcomm has jumped into tricky marketing nowadays. There are 2 main variant of S4 now: S4 Play & S4 Plus. Plus is powered by Krait (Qualcomm's inhouse architecture) whereas Play is powered by dual core Cortex A5 (single core variant is found in sub 10k mobile) making it one of the slowest dualcore processor in the market. Really hats off to Qualcomm for creating this kind of nonsense naming scheme.

sharang_3

Journeyman
Also Sola and S Advanced has Mali 400 (single core). MP usually means multicore. So performance will not even come close to Galaxy S2/S3/Note/Note2.
turns out even the gpu on sola is called mali 400 mp4..this naming scheme is very confusing:(
source:
Mali (GPU) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exynos (system on chip) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom