New PC + OLD Upgrades !!

atifkhan9462

wise but not owl
hey guys
i am new to all these, so please help me. i want to buy a gaming rig to play titles released before 2010(like crysis, mass effect,etc.) at ultra settings in full hd or you can say i want to get the best experience. please suggest a rig(i am not going to play latest games on it) and yes it should be energy efficient.

OP
Ayuclack

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
hey guys
i am new to all these, so please help me. i want to buy a gaming rig to play titles released before 2010(like crysis, mass effect,etc.) at ultra settings in full hd or you can say i want to get the best experience. please suggest a rig(i am not going to play latest games on it) and yes it should be energy efficient.

Post Invader's !!

hey guys
Answer these questions: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html
and create a thread here: PC Components / Configurations

pacificb0y

Broken In
:D If you will GO for amd You gonna miss Physx and CUDA Just play borderlands 2 and batman arkham city with physx on :D YOu will Get to know the difference .....GO for a 660 ti or 660 ...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^no big deal...

games with physx turned on have rarely much to offer apart from the eye candy and bling bling :p
and to enable physx and enjoy it fully without sacrificing on the gameplay quality, you will need a high end card OR a separate physx card. ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Also new PhysX titles will be CPU PhysX instead of GPU PhysX as nVidia has already released the new PhysX SDK with CPU optimization support. So new PhysX titles are gonna run on CPU smoothly. previously although modern CPUs were able to run PhysX properly, nVidia didn't optimize PhysX to run on CPU and forced it run on a very old, unoptimized and single threaded instruction named X87. Currently understanding the reality that Bullet, HAVOC and other CPU based optimized Physics Engines are performing far better than PhysX, nVidia now optimized their PhysX SDK with newer CPU instruction support like SSE 2 and 3, probably also AVX.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Good to hear that. It should be widely adopted although nvidia halfheartedly did.it for ps4 so I dont think even cpu support will be good from them.
@cilus why is amd now not emphasizing gpgpu, while it was the base of their presentation for apu's. Are fx to gonna have integrated gpu's??

Good to hear that. It should be widely adopted although nvidia halfheartedly did.it for ps4 so I dont think even cpu support will be good from them.
@cilus why is amd now not emphasizing gpgpu, while it was the base of their presentation for apu's. Are fx to gonna have integrated gpu's??
It's not that AMD does not emphasis on GPGPU. An 8k priced HD7770 is faster in computation than a 11k priced GTX 650ti (which is indeed faster in games). It's just that Nvidia has CUDA which is very very mature platform for GPGPU, so almost every cluster is uses Nvidia GPU's. ADM is very powerful platform for OpenCL, but OpenCL is not as mature as CUDA.

Top Bottom