New PC + OLD Upgrades !!

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
^^ Get your point correct, Stuttering or Screen tearing is a known problem with Dual GPU solution where nVidia SLI has an advantage over AMD Crossfire. But in single GPU based system, both have more or less same level of stuttering which is negligible and not visible to naked eyes.
And GTX 660 Ti is marginally better than the standard version of HD 7950 which runs at 850 MHz speed. Currently most of the HD 7950, including the Sapphire VaporX version, come with the Boost BIOS and runs at 920 to 950 MHz speed. Also after the driver updates starting from 12.7 Beta, the performance of HD 7950 boost version is always over GTX 660 Ti and very very close to GTX 670. There are couple of games where 660 Ti is ahead but in most of the games it is ahead of GTX 660 Ti.

I am not talking about stuttering, I am talking about screen tearing, which is a known problem above 60fps irrespective of type of gpu :)

You can use vsync but if at any moment your gpu produces less than 60fps, you will be reduced to 30 as your gpu is trying to synchronize with your monitor.

Read clearly before commenting please and the only solution right now to this problem is adaptive vsync by nvidia.

Vapor X is costlier than 660ti's. 660ti's are priced at around 20k, you get what you pay for I guess.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
^^ Exactly....... and beware accuracy of his posts is proportional to his post count with a nice big constant of proportionality......

get 7950...... u wont regret it.

OP
Ayuclack

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Totally not into the game for GPU how a out if the budget is below 20 k and all I want a single card then what the 660 or 660 to or HD 7870....
Suggest monitors too....

Cilus help...

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
^^ Exactly....... and beware accuracy of his posts is proportional to his post count with a nice big constant of proportionality......

get 7950...... u wont regret it.

Lol, you think I am wrong about vsync, try to back your comment!! I personally experienced it on a hd 5770 while playing hitman bloodmoney.

And here is my source to back up the things I have said:
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.hardocp.com%2Farticle%2F2012%2F04%2F16%2Fnvidia_adaptive_vsync_technology_review%2F&ei=q69bUaVegZCtB5m-gZgM&usg=AFQjCNHYmZ5uUO6Pe6VPsB9kwp6OS3rqZQ

thaluageek

Broken In
bud if budget is limited to 20k i think u should try to find a hd 7870xt similerly(or less locally) priced as gtx 660 ti, better than it,got gud reviews also

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Man it was meant for cilus......

i do not make sarcastic comments whatsoever but u posted before me so thats that...... sry for confusion......

@op get 660ti or 7870xt you cant go wrong with either.....

Last edited:
OP
Ayuclack

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Of So Finally If I Get 66- Ti For 20k Then 660 Ti or else 7870 Xt .... Suggest Some Monitors and for the speakers how the z506 !!

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Man it was meant for cilus......

i do not make sarcastic comments whatsoever but u posted before me so thats that...... sry for confusion......

@op get 660ti or 7870xt you cant go wrong with either.....

:)
Me2 sorry was confused lol

Of So Finally If I Get 66- Ti For 20k Then 660 Ti or else 7870 Xt .... Suggest Some Monitors and for the speakers how the z506 !!

I havent come across 7870xt. If you find that it will be a gem, but then I think it will be way overpriced. Just look at what they did to 650ti boost :(

Cilus

laborare est orare
I am not talking about stuttering, I am talking about screen tearing, which is a known problem above 60fps irrespective of type of gpu :)

You can use vsync but if at any moment your gpu produces less than 60fps, you will be reduced to 30 as your gpu is trying to synchronize with your monitor.

Read clearly before commenting please and the only solution right now to this problem is adaptive vsync by nvidia.

Vapor X is costlier than 660ti's. 660ti's are priced at around 20k, you get what you pay for I guess.

One of the main reason behind screen tearing is poor and variable minimum FPS even when the average FPS is good for game play, say over 45 FPS. Most of the current generation Graphics cards like HD 7870 or GTX 660 Ti don't suffer much for this problem as they can maintain pretty consistent and high minimum FPS for smoother game play. Agreed, nVidia's adaptive VSync control included in their Control panel helps very easily but that can't be any deciding factor for a single GPU solution. Currently very few games actually suffer from Screen Tearing and even if they suffers, it is only in couple of cases. In case of Radeon cards, you can just use the Radeon Pro Free tool to enable nVidia like Adaptive VSync in AMD cards which most of the times offer slightly smoother experience than nVidia Apaptive VSync.

Ayuclack, if you can find a GTX 660 Ti within 20K and you can't go beyond that price then GTX 660 Ti is a very good choice but again, HD 7870 XE/LE performs very close to it at almost 2K lesser price point. My suggestion is still a HD 7950 VaporX edition which is around 21.4K in Kolkata based shops. Another thing, when overclocked, the performance improvement is better with AMD cards than the competing Nvidia cards. You can easily overclock the 7950 to 1 GHz and beyond with minor voltage increase and actually challenge a HD 7970 stock. So your call. there are certain things like a whopping 384 bit memory bus and 3 GB GDDR5 memory, which cant be overcome with driver updates.

I havent come across 7870xt. If you find that it will be a gem, but then I think it will be way overpriced. Just look at what they did to 650ti boost :(

What made you think that HD 7870 XT will be pricy. It is available around 18K. Check here:*mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2008

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
This makes other 7870's almost redundant as it is priced only 2k above them.

And screen tearing also happens if you are doing more than 60fps cilius. And with time, these cards are not going to push more than 60fps. Look at 560ti. One of the most preferred previous gen card, now cant get >60 fps in any new game.

Although between 7870 xt and 660ti, I will take 7870xt every time, and being cheaper +2 for it. Rather try triple buffering or in game vsync by taking a hit ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
and screen tearing also happens if you are doing more than 60fps cilius. And with time, these cards are not going to push more than 60fps. Look at 560ti. One of the most preferred previous gen card, now cant get >60 fps in any new game.

Didn't get the point buddy.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@vaibhav: as Cilus mentioned Radeon Pro is there. incase you have screen tearing you can enable Dynamic frame Rate control in RP. and it works wonders.

I am not talking about stuttering, I am talking about screen tearing, which is a known problem above 60fps irrespective of type of gpu

and acc. to this explanation, we should always use VSync when we are using cards like 7970 or 7870CF because they Will go above 60FPS.
and when my 7770 produces <60FPS, it does not compulsorily fall to 30.. it stays at whatever FPS it can churn out :lol: its a matter of Driver optimisation. better optimisation, less tearing.

and Nvidia'a adaptive vsync is great for SLI. for single cards, AMD and nvidia are rarely different in terms of microstutter. :)

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide

This explains tearing concept perfectly.
If you are not doing 60fps on a 60hz monitor you are bound get in trouble. But I dont think many people know there is an alternative to nvidia's adaptive vsync

Its virtu mvp's virtual vsync ;)
I myself use it on my hd 7870

Last edited:
OP
Ayuclack

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
I Already See Tearing On MY GTX 550 Ti In Many Games !!!!

Cilus My Question Is If I Use After Effects A Lot Then The Nvidia Card Will Give Me Some Boost as of their CUDA Technology !!!! and Is the HD 7950 is a overkill ???

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
I Already See Tearing On MY GTX 550 Ti In Many Games !!!!

Cilus My Question Is If I Use After Effects A Lot Then The Nvidia Card Will Give Me Some Boost as of their CUDA Technology !!!! and Is the HD 7950 is a overkill ???

Tearing is possible to remove only on cards that push out more than 60fps otherwise it penalizes fps further 5-10fps which is clearly the problem in your case.

Nvidia hs better support, no doubt about that.

Just look at crysis 3, and you will know even hd 7970 isnt an overkill for maxing at fhd. Although hd7870 seems to be the sweet spot right now.

Top Bottom