New Pc Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
My friend got new PC form lamington road form ABGB and got it assembeled at same shop.
CONFIG is
MSI RS 480
3200+ AMD
512 *2 Transcend ram
160 gb sata
Zebronics Antibiotics cabinet with 400W Power supply.

At the shop the PC worked fine..but when he brought it home and booted it started adn then went off....after that it fails to boot.

CAN ANY ONE HELP AND POINT THE PROBLEM????

eddie

El mooooo
Fails to boot? Does your monitor show display? If your chassis has some lights then do they blink or glow? Does CPU fan spin? Does Hard Disk spin and show any signs of activity, like sound of spinning, getting warm? We need more info my friend :)

Official Techie

In the zone
there can be lot many problems the most common can be that the power cable is not fixed correctly or see if the processor fan and smps fan are working next check if the harddisk spins if none of them is doing or if the hdd is spininning and nothink shows up on the monitor than the problem shifts to mobo

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hey actually do not know as its at my friends place......but he says that one of the fan in the cabinet works and he not that much techie to tell me which fan is working......i had told him it mi8 be 1st ram problem i fnot that then smps problem....it brand new ..so having mobo problem is bit surprizing...
HE also said that one once it booted and then suddenly after starting it went off as if power supply was off....but that was not case....adn after that it has not booted....obly one of teh fan works.......so what can be problem

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Asked my friend..he says that teh processor fan starts with jerk and teh stops. Same is the case with PSU fan....so now can any one suggest solution???

eddie

El mooooo
Go to his place and check for your self. It will be very difficult to provide support like this. You can try a few things.
1) Try to jump start his PSU. If it starts then probably the PSU is not a problem.
2) Take your own RAM with yourself and put it in his system. See if the system starts now. If it does, the RAM is gone.
3) Listen for any beeps. If the system beeps any peculiar number of times, then note them down. Note both the number of beeps as well as the pattern example: two long beeps, then one short beep or two short beeps and then one long one. Write down such patters if any.
4) Check for any earth leakage problems. Use any electric tester for it.
5) If nothing is helping then it is most probably a faulty CPU or Mobo.

Dont U have any Warranty. Contact the dealer , he will surely change the necesssary parts, but dont start urself with screws-drivers & screws,, it will void your warranty.

d

Journeyman
definitely need more info...

(i) there might be a short circuit somewhere... did you mount the motherboard properly? if its touching the metal case or something as a safety measure the PSU will automatically turn off.. that would explain the "jerk" of the CPU Fan

(ii) disconnect all other power cables and try shorting the power switch pins on the motherboard ; if you're not sure of what pins to short then don't try it...

(iii) most motherboards have a power LED on them to show that power's being supplied and no components should be removed or added in this condition.. does the power led glow when the power's turned on?

(iv) does the keyboard jumper reset? this is indicated by the flash of the three LED's on the keyboard.

(v) if its an optical mouse, does the mouse light up?

(vi) see if there is a pattern of beeps...

that's all... post these data if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom