New PC for Programming/Home use

1.What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans:This pc will be used for programming (Java, python , Running local host servers-Jboss/TomCat,local DB). Software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere , Photoshop Lightroom for image/video editing.Average gaming like GTA,COD,NFS. For home utility like watching movies, Document Editing,Net surfing.Dual boot Windows, Ubuntu.It will be used for multitasking.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: Rs 30000 (Only for CPU, rest I have. Also I can extend for a more balanced configuration )

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7/XP 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 Tb min

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans:15.7 inch /1280 X 800 [Will change in future to 24 inch/not included in this budget]

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Components reusing - Monitor , Keyboard, Mouse , Speaker,DVD writer

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Bangalore

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:Will be done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore, cant buy online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am using AMD processor ,want to go with that/open for other brand also.I will be doing multitasking like windows for software like eclipse(java), Photoshop, Ms Word, Browser will be open at a time.And this should not hang/crash pc.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
look at the question number 8 ;)
fx 6300 - 7.3k
asus m5 a97 r2.0 -5.5k /gigabyte 970a ds3p -5.9k
kingston hyper blu 4gb - 2.8k or corsair vengeance or gskill ripjawsx which ever cheaper. get another stick later.
gtx 750 -10k or 750ti -12.8k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
antec vp450p -2.7k
antec nsk4440 - 1.35k

OP
L

livinggourmand

Broken In
look at the question number 8 ;)
fx 6300 - 7.3k
asus m5 a97 r2.0 -5.5k /gigabyte 970a ds3p -5.9k
kingston hyper blu 4gb - 2.8k or corsair vengeance or gskill ripjawsx which ever cheaper. get another stick later.
gtx 750 -10k or 750ti -12.8k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
antec vp450p -2.7k
antec nsk4440 - 1.35k

@ rijinpk1

Can i go with 8gb Ram (4gbX2) -Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDD3 1600MHz Desktop Memory (CMX4GX3M1A1600C11)
And do I really need a graphics card?

Cilus

laborare est orare
With AMD configuration, you need a dedicated GPU as neither their FX series processors, nor their AM3+ motherboards come with integrated Graphics. However, since gaming is not your priority, you can get a cheaper Graphics card and better processor. My suggestion will be a HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 around 8K and a FX-8320 8 Core CPU at 10K.
For Ram, I think 4Gb is okay right now, you can add more Ram in future if you feel you need it.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
also gpu acceleration is available for the apps you mentioned. so a good gpu will decrease the rendering time required.
corsair xms3 is fine.

Cilus

laborare est orare
instead of XMS3, I would recommend you G-Skill RipjawX or Kingston HyperX Blue Ram modules. At 1600MHz speed, they operate at 1.5V whereas XMS3 requires 1.65V. Because of the lower voltage, both HyperX and RipjawX can be overclocked to run at higher frequency, 1866MHz is very easily achievable.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
instead of XMS3, I would recommend you G-Skill RipjawX or Kingston HyperX Blue Ram modules. At 1600MHz speed, they operate at 1.5V whereas XMS3 requires 1.65V. Because of the lower voltage, both HyperX and RipjawX can be overclocked to run at higher frequency, 1866MHz is very easily achievable.

hyperx blue achieves 1600mhz at 1.65v afaik

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok, can I use the mentioned config without any graphics card ??what problem will it cause ?

with amd cpu, you must get a gpu ,else you wont get any display output.
intel cpus(with some exceptions) comes with igpu and can be used without any gpu. but for gaming, igpu is never recommended. you have to get a dedicated gpu.

Top Bottom