New PC Config and Price - Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertragic

Broken In
Hi guys,

I need a PC for my office and have come up with the following config. Will be mostly using it for MS office, tally, database management and image editing. Planning to install Vista in it and will use MS Virtual PC for Windows XP, MSDOS (for tally 4.5) etc. Please advise if the following config and prices are alright. Since i am in a small town in Bihar, some prices are really high and therefore i am getting the stuff shipped thru theitwares.com

1. Mobo: Jetway M2A692-GDG - 3600/- (from theitwares incl. Tax)

2. Processor: Athlon 64 X2 3600+ - 3600/- (from theitwares incl. Tax)

3. RAM: Kingston 1GB DDR2 667 - 2050/- (from theitwares incl. Tax)

4. HD: Seagate 160 gb Sata2 - 2700/- (locally)

5. DVDRW: Sony OEM - 1950/- (locally)

6. Monitor: Samsung 17" (flat/nonflat) - 6400/5000 (locally)

7. KB/Mouse: Microsoft Wired - 900/- (locally)

8. UPS: Microtek 600VA - 1900/- (locally)

Cabinet will also be purchased locally. Probably a low-priced Zebronics model with 400w smps included and front Audio/USB if i can find one. Are intex or techcom good enough with their included smps or shud i hunt for a zebronics cabby. There is a lot of load shedding and voltage fluctuation in my town.

Please advise if i shud change anything else. Am getting only light stuff shipped from theitwares as there will be courier charges. Are itwares prices alright or can i contact someone else who ships stuff outstation?

rahul30

Techzilla!
cybertragic said:
Hi guys,

I need a PC for my office and have come up with the following config. Will be mostly using it for MS office, tally, database management and image editing. Planning to install Vista in it and will use MS Virtual PC for Windows XP, MSDOS (for tally 4.5) etc. Please advise if the following config and prices are alright. Since i am in a small town in Bihar, some prices are really high and therefore i am getting the stuff shipped thru theitwares.com

1. Mobo: Jetway M2A692-GDG - 3600/- (from theitwares incl. Tax)

2. Processor: Athlon 64 X2 3600+ - 3600/- (from theitwares incl. Tax)

3. RAM: Kingston 1GB DDR2 667 - 2050/- (from theitwares incl. Tax)

4. HD: Seagate 160 gb Sata2 - 2700/- (locally)

5. DVDRW: Sony OEM - 1950/- (locally)

6. Monitor: Samsung 17" (flat/nonflat) - 6400/5000 (locally)

7. KB/Mouse: Microsoft Wired - 900/- (locally)

8. UPS: Microtek 600VA - 1900/- (locally)

Cabinet will also be purchased locally. Probably a low-priced Zebronics model with 400w smps included and front Audio/USB if i can find one. Are intex or techcom good enough with their included smps or shud i hunt for a zebronics cabby. There is a lot of load shedding and voltage fluctuation in my town.

Please advise if i shud change anything else. Am getting only light stuff shipped from theitwares as there will be courier charges. Are itwares prices alright or can i contact someone else who ships stuff outstation?

1)brother go for zebronics cabinets only if u want good show...but if u want to go for best performance then select a heavy atx cabinet which is wide..it should be heavy because the vibration will be lesser and that is good for components..i recently bought my pc and i also was going for zebronics cabinet...but the dealer told me that zeb cabby's are mostly for their good looks and if i wanted performance i could go for the navtech cabby's...so i went for a NAVTECH cabby with 500w..its pretty wide which enables better cooling and yes there are two fans as der r in almost all cabby's dez days..i got that for 1900 bucks...although u may say that as not being a true smps but still it will give u arnd 350w which is absolutely fine for your config and u can probably even fit in a gpu...so its depends on ur requirement..

2)also the prices of hard disk have fallen ...i bought hitachi 160gb sata 2 for rs. 2250 so u can again re-check the prices..

3)for ups go for 500w apc for rs. 2300 appx in my opinion with a double battery box as because u had mentioned that there is a lot of power cuts and voltage fluctuations...apc is a well known and trusted brand..

4)while buy the ram please confirm the warranty because many times the dealers dont mention the no. of years of warranty they will provide for the ram..they may give it to u at a low price and dat would have 1 year warranty although its always advisable to spend 200-300 bucks more and get the 3 year warranty rams...just confirm this before buying...i bought kingston 1gb ddr2 for 2400 (3 yrs warranty)..

OP
C

cybertragic

Broken In
Thanks for the advice Rahul. The problem is no one at this place would have a Navtech Cabby. And if i get it couriered, the cost will be very high. The only options here are Zebronics, Techcom and Intex. I suppose Zebronics would be the best among these. Also is it worth buying a Zebronics Lava (w/400w smps) if I am not going to use its lcd temp display? Or shud I go for lower priced cabbies.

assasin

Banned
if u dont wanna use the LCD then its better to go 4 a lower priced cabby.
also try to get a good psu if u plan to oc ur pc and add a DX10 gfx card later.

rahul30

Techzilla!
are you sure the itwares ppl will ship u at your place???ask them??? and who takes responsibilites for damages during shipping..

if ur not sure abt that...u yourself come to kolkata by train as it is the nearest place where u can get everything...and probably u will save on the shipping costs...u can catch a train to kolkata ...buy the stuff and go back..think abt this option if possible

OP
C

cybertragic

Broken In
Well, I called them up and they told me that they'll ship here with no prob. And shipping is only 100 rs on each part. They use gati for shpping and there's a 2% charge for shipping insurance. So if i pay 200 rs extra (since proccy+mobo+ram = 10000) i cud get shipping insurance.

And as for coming to kolkata going back its not a a viable option as its a waste of a lot of time n money and kolkata prices are also not as cheap as theitwares it seems from most posts by kolkata ppl.

The only risk in theiwares option is risk of breakage. Has anyone here bought from them. Also once i get the stuff and it gets spoilt later on, how can i get it repaired/replaced in the absence of a vendor.

assasin

Banned
cybertragic said:
Also once i get the stuff and it gets spoilt later on, how can i get it repaired/replaced in the absence of a vendor.

then u hav to contact the nearest Authorised Service Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom