New PC Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binoy J

Right off the assembly line
Need help desperately.

Going to buy a new PC and I need help selecting a few things.

1. I decided to buy an assembled PC, but a few of my friends advised me not to, cause its hard to get it repaired when some problem comes with an assembled computer. Branded or assembled? Which ones better?

2. I want a 22"inch LCD monitor. Which company should I go for? My budget is around 10K.

3. I have asked a few shops about the price of some Graphics cards, and I found that in one shop there was Nvidia's 1GB graphics card and it costs only 3. something K. Is that fake? Will I really be able to get 1 GB graphics card from 3K?

hsetir

Broken In
Go for assembled if you care for the performance under you budget. Every component come with some warranty, so repairing won't be a problem. You can efficiently invest on different components according to your requirement and usage.

Monitor - samsung 22" is definitely the best

Graphics card - Don't go on size of ram on graphics card, 1gb or 256mb. Most often it's negligible criterion. Do some research on web, compare review charts or ask here. What's max you'd pay for graphics card ?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Nope dude dont worry assembled PC are good but buy the better parts from good dealer ,

then for your 22"inch LCD go for BENQ T2200HD costs u 9500/-, its high definition monitor good VLM

Grafix card bit complicated with ur budget , but if u want 22" inch HD monitor u sure need grafix card so if u want to watch only movies then 4K budget is enough , if u want gaming 8K budget needed

for 4K u can get 9500GT for watching movies in the 22" HD .

OP
B

Binoy J

Thank you guys. Actually, I want performance, so which graphics card should I go for? Budget ain't a problem, I mean I need a very good performance, quality and all. But it shouldn't be very high! normally which one do you guys prefer? Don't know much about Graphics card. :-o

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Palit HD 4850 => 8K

PALIT GTS250 1GB => 10K

Zotac GTX260 core216 => 12K

PALIT HD 4870 sonic 1GB => 14.5K

its up to ur choice all the cards can handle the HD monitors

OP
B

Binoy J

Thank you very much, will look forward on these. Palit, eh? Never heard of that company before.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want real n Raw Performance, opt for the Radeon HD 4890 or Nvidia GTX 275.
Their price is around 15.4k. Palit, MSI and Zotac offer these cards is lower price yhan others. If you want the most performance/Price Ratio, go for the GTX 260 Core 216 card
Price:
Nvidia Cards:
Palit GTX275 896MB GDDR3 Rs. 15.7K
Palit GTX260 869MB GDDR3 SONIC @ 11.5k
Zotac GTX 260 Core 216 896MB GDDR3 @ 10.3k

ATI Cards:
MSI HD4890 1GB GDDR5 OC @ 15.8k
Sapphire HD4890 1GB GDDR5 @ 16.8k
PowerColour HD4870 1GB GDDR5 @ 13.2k
Palit HD4870 1GB GDDR5 Dual SONIC @ 13.7k
MSI HD4870 1GB GDDR5 @ 13.8k

OP
B

Binoy J

Thank you guys! Nvidia is the one I heard the most. Anyway, has got a lot of options to think. Now the other problem I have is, the processor. Will 2.8 GHz processors be quick enough for me? I use my PC for gaming, entertainment, a bit of programming. So I need a fast processor? Which is a fairly good one to buy? Intel Quad core? I am a bit confused with these. There are core 2 quad, core 2 duo and many. Which one's the better one?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ Dont worry abt it u can have the

AMD phenom 2 940 black edition = 9.5K

Intel C2Quad Q9450 = 13K

Both perform on the same level & quad core ,, best one for gaming !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom