New OR Upgrade Gaming CPU @ 20k

shahu

Broken In
Hi friends,I want to know whether I should buy a new sys(by selling this one ) or upgrade my existing one.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming-AC4,Nfs (next one),Tomb Raider 2013,BF3,(1440x900 or a little less on med to high) almost everything except GTA,regular word processing,video converting

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No,I have a 17 inch 1440x900 one

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Depends on your advice whether to keep this sys or not

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Early MAY

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Akola (200km from Nagpur) I can ask locally but not sure about the prices.Flipkart is good but COD is not available on these components here(option is open),If nowhere else I might try buying from Nagpur or Amravati (Mah.)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:please suggest some trusted shops in Nagpur

My current config:
Compaq Presario SG3630Il
Intel E2220 Dual core 2.2ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
AMD HD 4350 1 gb
mobo:MS-7525 (Boston) Compaq Presario SG3600 Desktop PC series -  Compaq Presario SG3630IL Desktop PC Product Specifications - c01612605 - HP Business Support Center

180w psu,250gb hard disk

I am satisfied with hdd,optical drive,etc.,so should I sell this .can you please estimate the price for which it will go? or upgrade the mobo,ram,psu,gpu
And how will G630 or equivalent will perform on HD7770,do I need i3 for full performance of gpu if I buy 7770 with g630 or g645.Thanks

ASHISH65

Technomancer
i3 3210 - rs 6700

Gigabyte b75 mobo - rs 4000

Corsair cxv2 430w psu - rs 2700

Saphhire hd 7770 1gb - rs 8100

Corsair/g-skill value select ram 4gb - rs 1500

Zebronics mid tower cabinet - rs 800

Total - rs 23,700

get new system dude.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Firstly get a new system.
Keep the hdd and odd with you and sell the other components. Go with the config suggested above

alternate AMD Config
A10 5800 - rs 8100
Msi mobo - rs 4000
Corsair cx 430v2 psu - rs 2700
Corsair vengeance ram 4gb - rs 2000
nzxt source 210 elite cabinet - rs 2900
wd blue 1tb- 3900(optional)
total-23600
if you can get enough money by selling your old pc, then buy new hdd.
Keep your optical disk drive

OP
S

shahu

Broken In
i3 3210 - rs 6700

Gigabyte b75 mobo - rs 4000

Corsair cxv2 430w psu - rs 2700

Saphhire hd 7770 1gb - rs 8100

Corsair/g-skill value select ram 4gb - rs 1500

Zebronics mid tower cabinet - rs 800

Total - rs 23,700

get new system dude.

Thanks,can you please mention which sapphire model coz there are variations and do I need an i3 for performance of 7770 or will a g630,g645 do the work?And also I have the old cabinet with a single fan,Is it okay to keep it?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
cabi is fine if it is in good condition.add 2 fans more for cooling

i3 is better than g645 due to advantage of hyperthreating as some games uses and for new games i3 is minimum

Thanks,can you please mention which sapphire model coz there are variations and do I need an i3 for performance of 7770 or will a g630,g645 do the work?And also I have the old cabinet with a single fan,Is it okay to keep it?
> Go for i3 3xxx.

> Old cabinet with a single fan may be okay in winters, but not good in summers. You can use it now but make upgrading the cabinet the first priority.

Hi,what value does brand name have in 7770 coz msi is available for 7.5k while sapphire is for 9k
Different companies make different coolers and modify the reference design for better performance. MSI was known to have over-voltaged (not sure if it still does) the cards which is not good. Sapphire has good coolers. I would suggest Sapphire.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Offtopic : MSI India’s business operations handled by Taiwan management, RMA is still handled by Digicare | Hardware BBQ

Top Bottom