New Motherboard For I5-2320! Urgent Help!

bittutora

Broken In
I am assembling a new CPU for my friend.
We have already bought the:
PROC: i5-2320
RAM : 4GB ripjaws
HDD : 500GB WD
PSU : Corsair CX430 V2
We have finalized the GPU (haven't bought it) : MSI ATI 6670 HD GDDR5

Major Use: Gaming(Max Payne 3, Crysis 2,Last of us)
Budget for Motherboard: 4000/- can go to 5-6K it but then we would have to compromise in GPU.Or postpone GPU for now.

I am also concerned about "Lucid Virtue" feature (if it causes a diff.) and this mobo has it so I have shortlisted this Mobo for this configuration:
Intel DH67CL Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
I think this is a B3 one although they have not mentioned it on website?

And but I have read reviews that Intel Mobos are Crap.
So please suggest us some good Motherboards.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Have a look at these boards: ASRock H61M-PS2 Motherboard vs ASRock H61M-HVGS Motherboard vs ASRock H61M Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com
being H61 boards they have PCIe 3.0 slot and also support upto 1600MHz RAMs. AFAIK H61 boards support upto max 1333MHz. So, if its true then grab any of these boards. The H61M is a better choice as its supports 2*SATA 6Gbps ports too.

Wow! It also has 2*USB-3 ports too. OMG! :shock: is it real?

And all these for just 3.2k! Its best I can say. And use the remaining amount for a better card like HD 6770 1GB DDR5.

dibya_kol

In the zone
Have a look at these boards: ASRock H61M-PS2 Motherboard vs ASRock H61M-HVGS Motherboard vs ASRock H61M Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com
being H61 boards they have PCIe 3.0 slot and also support upto 1600MHz RAMs. AFAIK H61 boards support upto max 1333MHz. So, if its true then grab any of these boards. The H61M is a better choice as its supports 2*SATA 6Gbps ports too.

And all these for just 3.2k! Its best I can say. And use the remaining amount for a better card like HD 6770 1GB DDR5.

Nice find ..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Cause its Asrock.

@OP: Buy Intel DH67CL (B3) @5.3K
Period.

Compromising with the quality of motherboard is never a good idea.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
am guessing u guys are messing up between "virtu" and "VIRTU MVP" feature
Virtu only gives the option to switch between discrete and on chip GPU at will of the user.
Whereas MVP adds a couple more in the mix namely Virtual Vsync to reduce screen tearing and HyperFormance to increase frame rates.
Taking a board for only virtu is kinda useless IMO.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Cause its Asrock.

@OP: Buy Intel DH67CL (B3) @5.3K
Period.

Compromising with the quality of motherboard is never a good idea.

You are not aware of AsRock buddy. First do some google and then comment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom