new motherboard for e7500

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
one of my friends motherboard lan and usbport is not working. his hardware wala said its motherboard problem. Now he wants to buy new board.
his old board was intel dg41rq.

his processor is core2duo e7500.

pls suggest a new motherboard for him.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Instead of spending on a new mobo, why not get a PCI LAN card and a PI usb card?

Its will be the most eonomical one, and the proccy is LGA775 one, so your another choice will be to get a new g41 mobo from asus, gigabyte suporting ddr3.

About the existing mobo, isn't it under warranty? Intel usually provided 3 years warranty.

Tarun

In the zone
go with a Gigabyte G41Mt-S2P for 2.5k its a decent motherboard but the overclock is limited to the FSB i.e. 1333mhz u cant increase the northbridge voltage to go feather :)

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Instead of spending on a new mobo, why not get a PCI LAN card and a PI usb card?

Its will be the most eonomical one, and the proccy is LGA775 one, so your another choice will be to get a new g41 mobo from asus, gigabyte suporting ddr3.

About the existing mobo, isn't it under warranty? Intel usually provided 3 years warranty.

thanks for reply....

sounds good for adding cards ? how much a PI usb card cost ? warranty may be left...

go with a Gigabyte G41Mt-S2P for 2.5k its a decent motherboard but the overclock is limited to the FSB i.e. 1333mhz u cant increase the northbridge voltage to go feather :)

great..lemme find...i am not going for overclocking....:)

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@gurujee, first check your warranty, since g41 is a new chipsets, your mob should be in warranty, so it will be better to RMA the board

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

THe mobo OP mentioned ie intel dg41rq supports DDR2 mem only and G41Mt-S2P supports DDR3 - so if he goes with G41Mt-S2P his friend have to buy DDR3 mem as well ;-)

@ OP - go with CA50 suggestion but also note that if your friend have a gfx card the pci slot next to the pci-e x16 slot may be blocked by the gfx card - so you can only use one pci card on that mobo and if you need to get a new mobo look for Gigabyte G41M Combo - supports both DDR2 and DDR3 mem ;-)

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
THe mobo OP mentioned ie intel dg41rq supports DDR2 mem only and G41Mt-S2P supports DDR3 - so if he goes with G41Mt-S2P his friend have to buy DDR3 mem as well ;-)

@ OP - go with CA50 suggestion but also note that if your friend have a gfx card the pci slot next to the pci-e x16 slot may be blocked by the gfx card - so you can only use one pci card on that mobo and if you need to get a new mobo look for Gigabyte G41M Combo - supports both DDR2 and DDR3 mem ;-)
...wow...thanks...i also found it...but was confused....then will have to go with G41M Combo one..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IF you get the Gigabyte G41M Combo then you will be able to OC the cpu - even with a cheap cpu cooler like Cm Hyper TX3 which is around ~1.2k ;-)

aloodum

Journeyman
IF you get the Gigabyte G41M Combo then you will be able to OC the cpu - even with a cheap cpu cooler like Cm Hyper TX3 which is around ~1.2k ;-)

and achieve what??:idea:

IMHO there is no more justification in spending behind a core 2 duo architecture these days.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ performance improvement ;-)

and if OP's friend wants to keep this rig for some more years to come - C2D e7500 is still a good cpu IMO ;-)

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
He doesnt know anything about OC or Hardware. he is just an user. :D

he asked for GA combo at a local dealer , and will get in 2 days.

He is planning to use the rig until smoke comes out of the heat sink. :lol:

Top Bottom