New mobo for old SB build!

Vishw

Journeyman
Hey guys, it seems that my Asus H67 B2 mobo is showing signs of the '3Gb SATA II ports degrading over time' Intel bug. 2 HDDs connected to those ports just disappeared yesterday & haven't detected since :( So I guess I'm gonna need a new mobo! So please suggest a decent one according to the config from my signature. Budget around 7k. At least one legacy PCI for Xonar DG & minimum 2 Sata III ports for 2 SSDs are must.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the RMA the board and I'm sure you will get a B3 rev. board or better a board with upgraded chip.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
the RMA the board and I'm sure you will get a B3 rev. board or better a board with upgraded chip.
RMA will take time & I'm in the middle of the project, so I need my PC alive n kicking most of the time... getting a new one will be much faster, so please suggest a couple of options! :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
lend a laptop from a friend for now. You will surely get a new revision mobo when you rma. SO buying a new mobo is not a wise decision. If you are not able to lend, get intel dh77eb mobo at 6.3k. I myself have it and it is a good board.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
lend a laptop from a friend for now. You will surely get a new revision mobo when you rma. SO buying a new mobo is not a wise decision. If you are not able to lend, get intel dh77eb mobo at 6.3k. I myself have it and it is a good board.
No laptop can handle this project ;) Mobo you suggested don't have legacy PCI I need for Xonar DG. How are ASRock mobos, btw? Found couple of decent ones with decent features.. H77 Pro4/MVP and Z75 Pro3.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
RMA will take time & I'm in the middle of the project, so I need my PC alive n kicking most of the time... getting a new one will be much faster, so please suggest a couple of options! :)

get Asus P8H77-M LE.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
get Asus P8H77-M LE.
Only 2 DIMM on that board & I have 16GB [4x4] ;) I checked out few boards & leaning towards Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP @ 6.7k. Looks like the most feature packed mobo under 7k. Only negative I read was thin PCB.. how's their ASS in India? Any experience?

Last edited:
Top Bottom