New Intel Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Intel has planned to launch new processors.

1. Low cost Core 2 Duo E5200(45nm)
Clock Speed: 2.5Ghz
FSB: 800MHz
Power Consumption: 65W
Multiplier: 12.5x (gr8 for OCing)
2MB L2 Cache
Price: US$ 84, something between 3.5-4.5k in India.

2. Low Cost Core 2 Quad Q8200(45nm)
Clock Speed: 2.33GHz
FSB: 1333MHz
Power Consumption: 95W
Multiplier: 7x :mad:
2x2MB L2 Cache
Price: US$ 203, something between 10-11k in India during launch.

3. Pentium Dual-Core E5200
Clock Speed: 2.5GHz
FSB: 800/1066 Mhz
1/2MB L2 Cache
Price: US$ 74, a little more than 3.2k in India.

More Processors:

1. Core 2 Quad Q9400 with 6MB cache to replace Q9450 @ 266$.
2. Core 2 Quad Q9300 will be phased out and so will the Q9450 be :mad:
3. Core 2 Quad Q9650 with locked clock multiplier @ 565$.

Rishu

Searchin A Gamer Config..
tell me the latest prices of intel and quad processors please???
i hav 2 buy a pc soon... so plz suggest me some....
nice information... thanks...
ma bugget is about 30k for cpu...

Intel is flopping their Quad Core line up, I can guarentee that.
On the other hand, AMD Phenom X4s are looking AWSSOME right now.

I think intel is doing this reduction of L2 cache so that they appear worse compared to Nehalem and people will all go and buy Nehalem.

Q8200 looks like its targeting Q6600, but then, its higher priced and has lower clock speed and L2 cache, so non overclockers still can't buy it. Big mistake by Intel.

E5200 is supposed to be a successor to Pentium Dual Core E2xx0 series, but I seriously doubt its going to arrive at less than 4K in India. Its actually competing with the E4xxx series, due to its 2MB L2 cache.

All these are solid proofs that Intel wants to somehow PERMANENTLY remove their 65nm Core2 processors, and discourage people from buying Quad Core Core2 processors, which it wants to be replaced by Nehalem. :|

A very beautiful stratagy I might add. But for Q8200, their plans would otherwise work wonderfully well. :)

Amd rox as their phenom procceyz outperforms intel babies.
Nope. They are priced equally compared to Intel's Wolfdale dual cores, but they don't directly compete with them. Its because the target audience for quad core with lower per core power and dual core with higher per core power is different. Gamers STILL buy the best dual core they can buy, along with SLI cards, while multitasking users, and people trying to configure cheap servers, etc find AMD's Quad Cores more attractive.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Nope. They are priced equally compared to Intel's Wolfdale dual cores, but they don't directly compete with them. Its because the target audience for quad core with lower per core power and dual core with higher per core power is different. Gamers STILL buy the best dual core they can buy, along with SLI cards, while multitasking users, and people trying to configure cheap servers, etc find AMD's Quad Cores more attractive.

man you are getting it wrong. I'm saying that the processors from Amd are cheap in front of the intel ones. I know they cannot lead intel in performance though. Gamer do opt for intel rather than Amd because of better performance during gameplay. But those having low budget would go for Amd rigs as they would get better vfm for a lower price.

man you are getting it wrong. I'm saying that the processors from Amd are cheap in front of the intel ones. I know they cannot lead intel in performance though. Gamer do opt for intel rather than Amd because of better performance during gameplay. But those having low budget would go for Amd rigs as they would get better vfm for a lower price.
Cheaper ? Absolutely wrong.
For a given price, often AMD and Intel perform neck to neck as far as average use is concerend.
But for indivudual activities like OCing, Gaming, Multitasking, Virtualisation, Servers, etc, there is a noticable performance difference which may favour either side.
THATS what decides weather to buy AMD or Intel.

And another thing which favours AMD is motherboards. AMD can get you a motherboard for 5K with great onboard graphics, loads of expansion slots, and supporting nearly every feature under the sun, something which Intel can't do.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hail Intel................. no further comments and pls. dont start a flame war with me coz I R NEWBIE when it comes to AMDs (not CPUs) coz I am kinda allergic to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom