New Home PC for around Rs 30,000

Cilus

laborare est orare
nForce 630A chiset was designed for AM2/AM2+ processors and they supports AM3 procesoors through BIOS update. But lots of advanced features like Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC), Hyper Transport 3.0 ( they run at Ht 1.0 with AM3 CPU) are missing. Also modern software like amd overdrive does not support them.
My suggestion is spend 1K extra n get the Asus M5A88-M @ 5.3K. It is M5 series and has full support for AM3+ Bulldozer CPU, 140W CPU support, 4 Ram slots with 16 GB memory support, USB 3.0 and SATA3 6 Gbps, 2000 MHz (OC) memory support. I think it is the most future proof solution in budget.

If you wanna reduce price, get the Phenom II 955 @ 5.3/5.4K.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Hey guys, I think I missed something. :???:

Actually I will need the firewire 400 port also, because that will be needed for capturing the HDV video from my old Canon HV30 camcorder.

So getting a board with firewire port will be good, or I can add a PCI card for that later? Which approach will be better.

Sorry for the trouble.

vwad

In the zone
nForce 630A chiset was designed for AM2/AM2+ processors and they supports AM3 procesoors through BIOS update. But lots of advanced features like Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC), Hyper Transport 3.0 ( they run at Ht 1.0 with AM3 CPU) are missing. Also modern software like amd overdrive does not support them.
My suggestion is spend 1K extra n get the Asus M5A88-M @ 5.3K. It is M5 series and has full support for AM3+ Bulldozer CPU, 140W CPU support, 4 Ram slots with 16 GB memory support, USB 3.0 and SATA3 6 Gbps, 2000 MHz (OC) memory support. I think it is the most future proof solution in budget.

If you wanna reduce price, get the Phenom II 955 @ 5.3/5.4K.

Thanks a lot for this valuable information. I myself will go for this board on my next AMD rig after 22nd ;)

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Hello guys. Somehow my posts are not appearing in the thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

Anyways, the final config seems quite good. I think I've missed something, but I'll need the firewire port too on the motherboard, so that I can capture the HDV video from my old camcorder.

Whether this board has firewire port, or I can add an add on card later.
Thanks.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hello guys. Somehow my posts are not appearing in the thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

That's because, mods need to approve your first few posts before they appear. This has been implemented to stop any new spammers registering.

Co-Operate with us for few posts, after 10-15 posts it'll be gone automatically.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ answers: 1. Your posts are not appearing instantly because you don't have 10 posts. Its done here to control spams.
2. Even if your board doesn't have firewire port, you can always add any cheap add-on card to fit your needs.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Oh, I got it now. I was wondering why my posts are not appearing. I'm still a new member so my total posts are very low.

Anyways, I agree that adding a Firewire card will be better, instead of increasing the initial cost of the system.

Thanks a lot guys!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Good luck in building your final rig. Do post some pics of it after you get all of the components.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Thanks d6bmg!
I'll definitely upload the pics once I get the things together. In fact I'm not getting time... may be on weekend I'll go for shopping.

I've never build a complete system from scratch, but halfway re-assembled my old PC few times. :)

I guess, I can do my 2nd PC on my own. Do I need to take care of something special or is there any risk involved?

^^ Hey guys, I'm really surprised to know that there are so many forum members from Pune. Btw, I'm also from Pune. :)

Now, can you please tell me the best place to buy all this stuff in Pune? I'm planning to buy on Saturday.

Thanks!

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Because of some space constraint on my computer table, I may not go for the 2.1 speaker system.
Can anyone please suggest me a descent stereo (2.0) speakers, under 1K?

Also where I can buy all this stuff in Pune??

Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom