New HDD required.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Purpose - Media Storage such as HD Movies, Songs, Other Video files.

Capacity Required - 2 TB or more

Budget - Rs. 7500

My PC Config is in the Signature.

Kindly recommend. Currently Split between Seagate baracuda & WD Green.

Don't get the Barracuda no matter what you have been told.

You can get a Blue 2 TB or Purple 2 TB. The latter has One year extra warranty. Still Black is the one which is recommended, nothing can beat a 5 year warranty.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi Tech_Wiz,

Purpose - Media Storage such as HD Movies, Songs, Other Video files.
Capacity Required - 2 TB or more
Budget - Rs. 7500
My PC Config is in the Signature.
Kindly recommend. Currently Split between Seagate baracuda & WD Green.

Based on your requirement, I’d suggest you to go with the WD Green. The WD Green drive used for computing like Storage, normal usage and etc. The WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB. To check the specification of WD Green, you may refer to the link below.

Support Answers

Also check out wd purple 2tb-costs around Rs 6000 and its performance somewhat better than WD green

The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for Security purpose, but if you use as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. It has inbuilt function to view videos in high-definition framework. To check the specification of WD purple, you may refer to the link below.

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the reply guys. Any specific sites where I can get the WD Green cheaper than rest?
WD Caviar Green 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD20EZRX) - WD : Flipkart.com - Rs. 5700 approx.

$hadow

Geek in making
That price is still the best you can buy for online.
Plus you can check your local store for a better price.

Top Bottom