New Haswell Build

Jatin Sindhu

Right off the assembly line
. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Programming in C, C++, C#, Java, Python. Casual Gaming not very intense. I play CS GO regularly. Gaming is not a primary concern. I also sometimes use the PC to watch movies. I am doing engineering and am in 2nd year so this PC will be used for any thing that I need to do during the course of my degree or later.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 1,00,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or maybe 8.1 if it is good. I will NOT be using Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already own 3 TB. I will only be purchasing an SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already own a 23 inch monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I plan on reusing my mouse (MX518) and I have already placed orders for the Cabinet and the PSU.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within 1 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes. I have always selected the components and some other person assembles them. Same is the case with this build.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Gurgaon. I will buy from Nehru Place or any other online store if the rates are cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This is my first post here. Please be kind and forgiving for any mistakes I make in formatting etc.

I am going to be building the following PC. Any suggestions are welcome

Processor : Intel i7 4770K

Motherboard : Asus Maximus VI Hero or Asus Z87-Pro. (Please help with this)

GPU : Not yet decided. Most probably I will wait for the ATI 8000 Series releasing in Q3.

SSD : Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB

SSD2 : OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (Already Own)

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 2 X 4 GB 2400Mhz CAS 10 RAM

PSU : Corsiar TX750 Enthusiast Series 750W PSU (Already Purchased)

Cabinet : Corsair Carbide Series 500R (Already Ordered)

CPU Cooler : Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme CPU Cooler

Keyboard : Corsair Vengeance K60

Mouse : Logitech MX518 (Already Have)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill this up and post it here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

Programming in C, C++, C#, Java, Python. Casual Gaming not very intense. I play CS GO regularly. Gaming is not a primary concern. I also sometimes use the PC to watch movies. I am doing engineering and am in 2nd year so this PC will be used for any thing that I need to do during the course of my degree or later.

you dont need to spent 100k for that. Even 40k for be more than enough as per your requirements and what parts you already own.

FX 8350 (12000)
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (10000)
G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB 1600 MHz (4400)
Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB SSD (7000)
Zotac GTX660 (15000) (this is more than enough for casual gaming)

total: 39500

And which PSU have you ordered?

OP
J

Jatin Sindhu

Right off the assembly line

I have ordered the Corsair TX750 PSU. It is the version 3 PSU (not made by seasonic). I considered 750W because it had 4 PCI-E Connectors in case I needed to Crossfire/SLI the GPUs in the future.

I am going for such an expensive rig because I am going to keep it for the next 5-6 years minimum.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
you dont need to spent 100k for that. Even 40k for be more than enough as per your requirements and what parts you already own.

FX 8350 (12000)
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (10000)
G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB 1600 MHz (4400)
Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB SSD (7000)
Zotac GTX660 (15000) (this is more than enough for casual gaming)

total: 39500

+1 to this rig..
Add S12II 620W/520W & if op is okay with gigabyte cards then smc has GTX660 @13k

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^ op already have Corsiar TX750 Enthusiast Series 750W PSU & Corsair Carbide Series 500R.

I would suggest go for the GTX760.

Top Bottom