New graphic card for my Setup...!

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Hey guyz ....
i have finalised two cards according to my need.....660ti and hd7870.....Will not be going for stock cards.
Looking for MSI,Sapphire,Asus,Cards......Actually tied up between Msi hd7870 hawk and Msi 660ti pe and Asus 660-ti OC and sapphire hd7870 OC (FK out of stock ...waiting for them to be available again )...
Resolution would be 1080p and 1680*1050.....!
The problem is i could not find these cards in lamington .......will they arrive in this months end....?
For config see my Signature...!

cheers

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes 660-ti is the obvious choice for gaming. Besides, 7870 is priced close to 660-ti in india.

You can also check 7950 if available under 25k. After driver updates, its value as increased and performs on par with a 670.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
@Skud....No issues what-so-ever down the line (q2-q3-q4..2013) with 660ti
@vickybat....my budget is strictly 20k not a penny more...thats the bar set for me....

And i called primeabgb for msi hd7870 hawk .....their response "not available...and not will be available"...found that response strange...!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ max_snyper - FK was selling a HD7870 just under 20k and I've heard that price of HD7870 is now around ~18k though nowhere it's available ( at-least not on shops ) at this price .. only some frum mebers can arrange this for ~17k though .. if you want to get it from some shop @ 20k wait a month at-least.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Hey guyz going for the purchase this week end......its gonna be sapphire hd7870 oc or msi hd7870 hawk.....
Not going for 660-ti coz its too overpriced a for now...maximum can go for 21K budget...!
Which ones better and where cna i find hawk...?
can some one provide my the input for msi hawk (more interested in msi hawk...due to superb product)..!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Why don't you go for a 660 (non-ti) card? The Asus DCII 660 is around 18.8k (this month's digit mag) and i think is good value. Its performs like a 7870 and this one is factory overclocked too and has a solid build quality.

Its highly recommended imo.

havoknation

Journeyman
I am using ati from past 3-4 years but now I am strictly against it due to buggy drivers and very less game supportive graphics. go for green

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Can anyody find me zotac 660ti amp for 21~22k From lamington...?
tired of this wait game...!
Distributors & retailers are F****** with us now...!!!!!
Bad business tactics!!!!!!

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Take a 7870 or the Asus DCII 660. And start gaming.
Read ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Direct Cu II 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

In a week or two, you will not bother about the minor differences the cards in your range offer.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take a call max buddy. No point cursing over things which is beyond our control. :)

funskar

Padawan
Can anyody find me zotac 660ti amp for 21~22k From lamington...?
tired of this wait game...!
Distributors & retailers are F****** with us now...!!!!!
Bad business tactics!!!!!!

Zotac gtx 660ti is in stock for 22k n 660ti amp for 23.2k.

And 7870 saphire oc edtn is going for 17.8k..

And msi 7870 is out of stock due to higher price difference.. same is with asus..
Asus 7870 is for 25k n msi 7870 going for 24k.

THere will v no price fall on msi/asus 7870 till new stock arrives..

And no were u will find zotac 660ti amp for 21~22k:p

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Take a 7870 or the Asus DCII 660. And start gaming.
Read ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Direct Cu II 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

In a week or two, you will not bother about the minor differences the cards in your range offer.

also I saw that 660 give about 60+ fps for 1080p on BF3 on ultra ..that double .. double the money I paid for my MSI 6850 Cyclone and more than Double the framerates I get with it :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zotac gtx 660ti is in stock for 22k n 660ti amp for 23.2k.

And 7870 saphire oc edtn is going for 17.8k..

At that price it seems a no-brainer. Where are you getting the card at that price?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Not a problem anymore. Asus RMA is also now handled by "Comptronics India" and they are doing a fabulous job. Recently Rma'ed my aunt's "Asus Transformer Pad TF300T (Tegra 3)"
as it didn't boot due to a bug in the os (version 4.0.3 ics). It was bought from singapore and i had to claim the international warranty which usually takes time. After two weeks , they replaced it with
jellybean os (ver. 4.1.1) and its running flawlessly now ( google voice is amazing).

I think we should now recommend Asus products without worrying about RMA at all.

Top Bottom