New GPU Upgrade

Dipjyoti Choudhury

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys,

I am using a Biostar G41-M7 Motherboard with Intel G41 Express Chipset paired with an
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93 GHz and 2 GB DDR2 RAM. I am thinking about upgrading my GPU which is
currently a ASUS EN9500 GT 1 GB DDR2 (PCI-Express 2.0) to ASUS GT 640 2 GB DDR3 (PCI-Express 3.0). So will
my motherboard support the GT 640 GPU or would i run into compatibilty problems ??

ASHISH65

Technomancer
You motherboard will support any gpu,pci exp are backward compatible.

You will also need to get more ram,2GB is not enough for games, get another 2gb stick alsong with Sapphire Hd 6670 1gb Gddr5 @ 5.6k

Gt 640 not worth the price and it is way slower than HD 6670 ddr5

OP
D

Dipjyoti Choudhury

Right off the assembly line
Thanx Dude ... Bt HD 6670 1 GB DDR5 is currently not available in my city Guwahati . The Local dealers are saying that HD 6000 series is out of production and right now only HD 7000 series are available. So any GPU under this series that you wanna recommend and which would support my motherboard ... My Budget is Rs. 7k-8k...!!

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Thanx Dude ... Bt HD 6670 1 GB DDR5 is currently not available in my city Guwahati . The Local dealers are saying that HD 6000 series is out of production and right now only HD 7000 series are available. So any GPU under this series that you wanna recommend and which would support my motherboard ... My Budget is Rs. 7k-8k...!!

Sapphire hd 7750 1GB ddr5 is way to go

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
If you've good psu, getting a previous gen mid-range card at that price would be better. HD 6950 is being sold at 8300 @ [E] forum. It's better than HD 7750 @ that price point if you ignore warranty.

Top Bottom