new gamming rig build..!!!!!

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi..,my rig is 2 yrs old and ow i feel to upgrade to a new one...!!

i wiilll b only keeping psu,monitor,hdds and wireless keyboard and mouse from my current rig..!!

now i m confused to which proccy to choose...amd or intel...??

i hav been using amd for 2 yrs without any problems..so cannot decide which 1 to go for...

Is amd fx-8120 8 core proccy superior than intel i5 2500k quad core proccy...to which one to go for..mother board accordingly the choice of proccy..

ram Corsair Vengeance™ 4GB Single Module DDR3 Memory CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 *4 = 16gb

gpu Sapphire HD 7770 Edition GHz, or SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB GDDR5 ....i will b playing games in full hd but wont b ocing the gpu or proocy..

gaming mouse and keyboard...how is logitech g100 combo..!!

cabinet i hv choosen haf 922 or antec900...

i am upgrading my speakers also..so any 5.1 ch with do....i hav a creative 5.1..but gona change it..!!

guys help me out with this..i hav no idea of hardwares developments i these 2 yrs..i only saw some online shops and some posts so i chosen it this way...so any things need to b out or in u can as want the best and future proof atleast for 5 yrs..!!excluding gpu..!!

and sorry for wrongful English or short cuts i hav written as i am typing from my mob and touch screens really sucks..!!

i hope u all wil help me like u did 2 yrs ago..!! thanks digit members..!!

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
fill it in the template because it was easier to read and your query ^^ is very large and hard to read
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

acewin

Point Blanc
Hey arnab wb to TDF, put your budget for everything, questionnaire as ganesh suggested is a good way to start, it will give you as well some idea.
Intel or AMD is more on your choice but based on budget and apps you wanna run

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:gaming in mid or high settings all the games including high end graphics one...,watching hd movies,music and some photoshop apps will b running...downloads will b 24*7...

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:no limit as i wont b setting up the whole rig....40k may b 50k..

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no plans as of now but will try some day,,!!

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:i am running win 7 ultimate 64 bit...so wll continue till shifting to win 8..

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:i hav seagate 2 tb and 500gb *2...i m planing to get another 2 tb and replace the 500s..

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:i am using benq g2222hdl and i am satisfied with this ad for gaming i use the 32"...will a 24 inch led monitor b a good idea...

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:i will b using my corsair tx650,hdds but need another 2 tb..hp & sony dvd writers, and the monitor but if 24 or 26" is available then ill think of it....

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:nxt week..

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i do the assembling my self only the proccy fitting is done by assembler...rest me and my frnd do it..i did my current rig...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:i stay in kolkata and buy stuffs from there and i mostly purchased frm lynx india and flipkart which r not available here..!!

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:thnks again for the helpfrm u guys but one thng i wont b upgrdng for atleast for 4 yrs..so a bit futureproof...excluding gpu...

guys wht is ssd...sorry but i hav no idea and wht came in these 2 yrs...will it b helpful in my rig...??

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
To your last question:
ssd is solid state drive
It is expensive than HDD and it performance is higher over HDD.
For detailed information
SSD vs HDD | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks for the info...i also googled it and got the thing...

now if i get a 60 gb ssd and only install the os in it..and rest on my 2*2 tb hdd...will it perform well...i.e will my system performence improve...??

and secondly and suggestions for my new build...??

acewin

Point Blanc
copy paste config 1
Intel DH67CL @ 5.2K
Intel core i5 2400 @ 10.8k
Corsair value select 2x4 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz @ 2.2k
WD Caviar Blue 1 TB @ 5.2k
Sapphire HD 7870 @ 21k
Corsair GS600 @ 4.7k
Corsair carbide 400R @ 5k
Total ~ 54k

Copy Paste
--Config 2

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 14.5K
Asus P8Z77-M PRO ATX @ 12.5K/GIGABYTE G1 Sniper M3 LGA 1155 @ 11.2K
G-skill RipjawX 4GB X 2 1600 MHZ DDR3 @ 3.3K
WD 1 TB SATA III 6 Gbps HDD @ 5.3K
Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SATA ^ Gbps SSD @ 7K
Asus 24X DVD Black @ 1.1K
Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II @29.4K
Corsair Carbide 400R @ 4.6K
Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard @ 3K
Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse @ 1.5JK
DELL TFT ST2320L (HDMI, DVI, VGA) @9.7K
Seasonic SS-750JS 750W 80+ PSU @ 5.65K
APC 1.1KVA Black @ 4.7K

I think you will not need UPS.
larger monitor i.e.more than 22 inch is good, but buying them, hmmm, what we get are 23 inch and 24 inch, do not think that is much of an addition until and unless you are thinking of IPS panels.
and games in TV is also not a bad idea, I suppose 32" is a TV

2TB HDDs available
*www.flipkart.com/internal-hard-drives/compare?ids=IHDD2RYNDYGJPGTK,IHDDD2HHUZ4SSUKN

APC 1.1 KVA UPS is 5.5 and not 4.7K

Collating the results
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 14.5K
Asus P8Z77-M PRO ATX @ 12.5K/GIGABYTE G1 Sniper M3 LGA 1155 @ 11.2K
Asus Maximus V Gene/Asus V-Pro --These are some choices for motherboard

If you want SSD,
Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SATA ^ Gbps SSD @ 7K
OCZ Agility 3 60 GB - 4.2K
Other options *www.flipkart.com/internal-hard-dri...7P5D2A3XXUC,IHDD5CMHGK84EC8T,IHDDD6GDK8CWWWQM

DVD burner as you wish in around 1-1.2K
Ram 8GB chips = 3.4 (buy 2 @6.8K)

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@ acewin thanks dude its a nice config...!!! it seems tht u r a intel fanboy....??

but wht abt amd configs...is amd not in the top choices of gamers..??

today i went to g.c avenue.. for quotes...they r as follows...

fx8120 @ 9700 +, msi 970 chipset board @5700 + and gigabyte @7k+,corsair vengence 4gb @1475+ and 8gb @ 3200+,corsair force 60gb @3900 +,2tb hdd @ 5700 +,msi hd 7770 oc 1gb ddr5 @ 8200 + and 7850@14k apprx.....case corsair 500 r @6k but i didnt lk it i think my cm 690 is far more bttr than this...so did nt dcided.. the abv quote is frm m.d computers ....i did nt find any other shop quoted these prices r lowest of all....

now how is this config....? i dont want to disgrace intel but i5 l cache memory is lower than fx8120 and the cores r also less ... more the i5 is too overprised i think..??

keyboard and mouse i didnt choose il yet but how is logitech g1 combo...?? any other options regarding this but dont wanno spend more than 3k for these..!!

acewin

Point Blanc
nope not intel fanboy, but rather do not know much about AMDs, I havent checked the CPU ratings for AMD proccy's, and know less about chipsets offered.If I would have read more on it I could have suggested.
You will find vkl and other members like cilus to have better comments than me on this.

switch 970 chipset board to 990X chipset board
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
checkout the comparison of boards Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard vs ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX Motherboard vs ASUS CROSSHAIR V Formula Motherboard vs MSI 990FX-GD65 Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com

still AMD chipset boards when I see, give more VFM than intel boards as usual

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
AMD Alternative........

Core Components:
AMD FX-8150 - Rs 12500
Asrock 990FX Extreme3 - Rs 8550
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card Rs 20,500
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 4 GB - Rs 1550

Total - Rs 43150.

Keep the CM 690,it is a great case and you dont need to waste money unnecessarily.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
yaa agreed cm690 really vfm and build quality and cooling is grt...in this budget...

now guys 1 of my frnd who is also a gme freak like us suggested me...not to upgrde the cpu and mobo...just hdd and gpu with ssd and ram...with a good gaming keyboard & mouse...??

rest of money to buy a xbox or ps3...how logical will b this one...changing cpu & mobo with &corsair vengence 16 gb will set me bck @ 21k..

will my current rig support the gpu and ssd which i am planning too get...secondly will my system performence increase if the os is installed in ssd 60 gb...

help me guys i want my moolah to spend wisely...!!!

Myth

Cyborg Agent
What is your current cpu and mobo ?

ssd reduces os boot time and game loading times. Gameplay fps might increase somewhat if the game accesses the hdd too many( doesnt happen often).
IMO, the ssd is not worth it at the price at which it is being offered. Rather invest in a good gpu.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
cpu n mobo is in my sig...i thnk they can very much handle any current high end gpu....but as u say tht ssd id damm expnsve..i agree too but isnt it would increase the system performence overall as the os will b instaled in it...??

my questns abv no reply till yet...quick guys will b going on wednesday to get the stuffs....???

acewin

Point Blanc
yes it will, your board will have

1. 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1)
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR3 1800 (OC)/1666/1333/1066 MHz memory modules (Note 2)

and
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)

from proccy specs

Support for unregistered DIMMs up to PC2 8500(DDR2-1066MHz) and PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333MHz)
max amount of RAM support by the proccy unknown. You see AMD is very stupid in never mentioning this in their specs any time of any of their proccy

you can easily get one good card because PCIE 2.0 is supported by cards which are even PCIE 3.0
get HD7850 in around 15K,
You can buy RAM 4x4 - and you are thinking right about it.
Putting down the options
G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT) | Ram | Flipkart.com
Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) | Ram | Flipkart.com
need not be worried by using higher frequency RAM as it will work under clocked
G.Skill Sniper DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSR) | Ram | Flipkart.com
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com

Its better to buy a set, than individual as they are better tested working together. buying single chip costs relatively less.
You can check more on RAM @Flipkart

was thinking to suggest buying a new board based on AM3/AM3+ which will provide SATA3 ports.

and finally SSD or SATA3 drives

Last edited:
OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks acewin....

i will b going for corsair vsngence 16 gb as u said....but replacing with my crnt ram will it give any advantage...??
now my board is am3+ ready...will this mobo and cpu is sufficient for 3 yrs...??

how is msi hd 7850...?? or hd 7770 oc version...has 2 fans and better cooling dsingn...

if i install ssd then will it prove better than my curnt hdd only the os i was...??

thnkg of getting a console whch one to go for xbox or ps3...??

a good gaming keyboard and mouse...how is logitech g100 combo...??

5.1 ch speakers...??

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
The current rig is good enough, just add a GPU to it. Gaming wont be an issue then.
955BE should not bottleneck the current gpus and good enough for new games, IMO.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
ya got it....now wht to do with the ram...keep my current one or replace with the corsair vengence 16 gb...

just odered swans m50 2.1 ch speakers for 22k....??? man my pocket is burned...!

Top Bottom