New Gaming PC- Rs.50,000-55,000

tanul.yahoo

Broken In
New Gaming PC- 45,000-50,000

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Photoshop CS6, AutoCad, SPSS, FIFA 13, CoD, GTA 5, Hitman: Absolution

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 45,000-50,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Don't know what this means

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I have a DELL 23" 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: --

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Max till 1st week of Feb,13

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, will buy stuff from Nehru Place

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want an SSD too, 60gigs.

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
AMD FX 8350 -12000,
Asus M5A99FXA Pro R2.0 -10300
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD7850 HDMI OC Edition 2GB DDR5 Rs.16000
corsair gs600 -4500
nzxt beta evo- 2600
Toshiba 2TB - Rs 6000
Gskill 8GB RAM F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL- Rs 2750

logitech mouse and kb combo-600

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
7850 comes cheaper i suppose.. like 14.5 K

also get 1*WD black 1TB as hdd if wont get SSD....

also this mobo ASUS M5A97 Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com

Processor - Amd fx 8350 - Rs 11400
Motherboard - Asus m5a97 - Rs 5700
RAM - gskill 1600 4gb*2 - Rs 3100
GPU - Sapphire 7870 - Rs 16700
PSU - Corsair 650 tx - Rs 5300
Cabinet - cooler master k380 - Rs 3100
SSD- Crucial m4 128gb - Rs 7500
HDD- WD 1TB - Rs 3800

Total- Rs 56700

if you go for the 7850 it would make the total 53500 but it is advised to go with the 7870....crysis 3 will perform bad or may not run with the 7850 as will future games therefore atleast a 7870 is needed....plus an ssd is good but in your case i would suggest using the ssd money and putting it in for a sapphire 7950 vapour x....which will give the ssd effect while playing games

i do expect the prices of ssd's to drop in the "not so far" future

draco21

@ god well said I agree to everything said ^^ except the fact that " crysis 3 will perform bad or may not run with the 7850 "

are you serious?? you mean not even in low settings??

also above PC seems very good and as you wont overclock, it will run smooth.

BTW just so you know, Overclocking means "Pushing" the abilities of a component like of the processor or GPU. If overclocking, then a good cooler and a good mobo is must....

@ god well said I agree to everything said ^^ except the fact that " crysis 3 will perform bad or may not run with the 7850 "

are you serious?? you mean not even in low settings??

also above PC seems very good and as you wont overclock, it will run smooth.

BTW just so you know, Overclocking means "Pushing" the abilities of a component like of the processor or GPU. If overclocking, then a good cooler and a good mobo is must....

keep your fingers crossed with crysis 3...that's all i can say

it is highly recommended to get a cpu cooler if you wish to overclock....if you don't then unlike intel the fx comes with a pretty decent cooling solution although it is a bit noisy at times...............with the hyper evo you can oc to 4.8 ghz stable

OP
T

tanul.yahoo

Broken In
Is a cooler advisable in my case? If yes, then suggest one, doesn't have to be a high-end one. Need to keep my budget in control.

Yeah I think I will chuck out the SSD and go for the Sapphire 7950, looks much better. Thanks!

a very wise decision there mate...actually you see the prices of ssd's are really high at the moment and it is going to come down already there's a 6k 128gb model available......competition will get these "payforthebrand" companies to bring down their prices..... SSD vs Hard Drive Performance (NCIX Tech Tips #62) - YouTube if you see closely the hdd performed surprisingly fast ;)

Is a cooler advisable in my case? If yes, then suggest one, doesn't have to be a high-end one. Need to keep my budget in control.

if you do not overclock then you don't need a cooler...the fx8350 comes with a very nice cooling solution...but if you overclock or want to install a cooler now at the time of assembling itself then go for the hyper 212 evo its priced around 2k and with it you can go upto 4.8 stable

I would seriously tell you not to overclock if you don't know what that is................incase you do something wrong you will not get warranty and its game over before you know it........

the asus m5a97 can take overclocking loads so no worries

OP
T

tanul.yahoo

Broken In
Hahaha I'd rather not take the risk of overclocking it.

Do this is it then. Any other important suggestions?

WD Black is much costlier, my budget is very tight actually. It is much better though, I'll see if I can fit that one in.

draco21

nothing just post the components and the prices before buying so that you dont get cheated....

check all these shops P.L Computers, Cost to Cost, Computer Empire, Mass Computers ,SMC International and bargain a lot...

also black costs 5.8K and vapor X costs 21K but it should fit as you wont get SSD

OP
T

tanul.yahoo

Broken In
Yeah mate I know these places very well. I will post the prices here. Anyways, thanks to all the members for helping me out here.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Regarding overclocking a AMD FX series processor, there is nothing to take huge risk. Believe me, overclocking an unlocked FX series processor, even with the stock Cooler is real easy. Also we are here to guide you for overclocking lessons.

regarding PSU, you can also consider Seasonic SS750-JS 750W 80+ PSU, available at 5.64K in Theitwares. This PSU offers better quality and power output than Corsair TX 650 V2 at the same price point.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
if you go for the 7850 it would make the total 53500 but it is advised to go with the 7870....crysis 3 will perform bad or may not run with the 7850 as will future games therefore atleast a 7870 is needed....plus an ssd is good but in your case i would suggest using the ssd money and putting it in for a sapphire 7950 vapour x....which will give the ssd effect while playing games

Here Are The System Requirements for Crysis 3

Crysis3 can run even with a 5770 so i am guessing that it will run smooth with a 7850

OP
T

tanul.yahoo

Broken In
Processor - Amd fx 8350 - Rs11200/ i5 3.1 GHz LGA 1155 3450 = Rs.10,100
Motherboard - Asus m5a97 - Rs.6300
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB - Rs,3000
GPU - ZOTAC 660 TI 2GB DDR5 - Rs.19,200
PSU - Corsair 650 tx - Rs.5250
Cabinet - cooler master k380 - Rs.3100
HDD- WD 2TB - Rs.5750

Couldn't find 7870 as I was in a hurry, haven't bought anything as of now.

These are the prices I got.

PS. VAT EXTRA!

I don't think I need to do it as of now, will certainly post for here for tutorials, thanks Clius.

Last edited:
Top Bottom