My Configeration is

Core i5-750
ASUS p7p55d
ZION Stock 2*2 GB DDR3
1 TB + 500 GB Seagate
Cooler Mater USP 100
Cooler Master GX 650
Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti AMP!

I got the copy of this months digit today. I was thinking about upgarding my RAM for a past of few days.
I saw that G.Skill Ripjaws (2*4) 8GBXL @ 3400.00
Now the question is I m a hardcore gamer.
I will change everything one by one but not the CPU and the MB.
Will my motherboard and CPU support that ram?
Or should i stop now from upgrading the RAM.
Or Should i opt for Kingston / Corsair? If yes Then which model Please Help.
Please help.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
If you just want to upgrade/change the ram then you can go for either gskill or corsair.

P.S:- I recently bought corsair vengeance 4 GB ddr3 kit 1600 mhz for 1700 bucks. Awesome product man.
And since ur from kolkata too,try arihant infotech. I bought mine from there.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
It will be used for boosting the load time and response time on game and video encoding . If you are editing a HD movies you need more ram at that time 8gb will also be out of reach.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for gaming, currently 4Gb is enough. if you want better performance, either buy a cooler & OC your processor or save more for a better GPU.

OP
X

xTreme_rck

Broken In
Jripper Thank you. I think i can play all the recent games up to 2012 with my 550 Ti. What do u say? currently i am going to buy Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and Logitech MX 518 or NZXT Avatar - S(I am low on budget). And for the RAM I am going for the corsair. Thank buddy. And the KB & Mice hws it going to b?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Well no idea about the sidewinder X4,but a friend of mine has the mx518 and its pretty spectacular. There is also a review for the MX 518 in the reviews section of this forum. Check that out.

And btw I didn't notice earlier,but you already have 4 GB of ddr3 ram. Why are you planning on buying another 4GB? At the moment 4 GB is enough for all your tasks and adding another 4 GB won't give you that much of a performance boost. And also if the zion ram is at a frequency below 1600 i guess then the corsair one would also run at that frequency(not sure though).

Cilus

laborare est orare
xTreme_rck, what is the Display resolution of yours? I wanna know at what resolution you are playing games.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ then sadly, you can't play HD games, and at your resolution, 550ti can run almost all game.

Top Bottom