New CPU

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Average Gaming and Image editing.. PS, Lightroom etc n web

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 32 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb or more

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No.. have a samsung 20 inch (16:9)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week or two

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Always

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi.. Nehru place is my shopping hub :)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: na

Last edited:

Neo

Re: Wanna Low Budget Gaming PC 20-25k.. Help me Please

Intel Core i3 3220 @ 7.1K
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H @ 4.2K
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz CL9 4GB X 1 @ 1.5K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA II @ 3.3K
Corsair CX 430 V2 PSU @ 2.7K
NZXT Source 210 Elite OR NZXT Gamma @ 2.7k
Gigabyte HD 7770 OC 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.9K

Cilus

laborare est orare
What is major priority, gaming or Editing stuffs? If the purpose is solely gaming then the Intel based rig suggested is perfect. But if CPU intensive tasks are main priority then you can consider an AMD quad core or 6 core based solution. Sadly the latest two processors, FX 6300 (6 Core) and FX 4300 (Quad Core) are still not available in India (which are also very good for gaming too) but we're expecting it in the Month of January. So I'll suggest you to wait a little bit for the release of those two processors.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Majorly its editing.. then gaming.. i go a lot of editing of RAW file and that sucks up the processor.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Then blindly go and pick a 8350 based rig. Its perfect for editing and powerful too. Increase your budget too coz you're going to need it for the type of work
you'll be doing.

AMD fx 8350 - 12.5k
Asus M5A97 - 6.9k
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz CL9 4GB X 2 @ 3K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA II @ 3.3K
Corsair CX 430 V2 PSU @ 2.7K
NZXT Source 210 Elite OR NZXT Gamma @ 2.7k
Gigabyte HD 7770 OC 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.9K

Neo

IMO FX6300 makes sense at his budget, and since he is going yo buy it in a week or two, chances are they will be released, maybe he has to wait another week.
FX6300 performs good in gaming as well.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel i5 - 3570 @ 12.5k
Asus P8B75M-LX @ 3.9k
Corsair Value Select 1333 Mhz 2x 4Gb @ 2.2k
WD 500GB HDD @ 3.3k
CX430v2 PSU @ 2.7k
Cm Elite 344 @ 2.1k
HD 5570 @ 3.3k

Total : 30k

BTW, why i5 3570 - check below and if won't oc :
AMD FX-8350 Processor Review: Tuned-Up Bulldozer. Page 7 - X-bit labs
Benchmark Results: Adobe CS 6 : AMD FX-8350 Review: Does Piledriver Fix Bulldozer's Flaws?
AnandTech - The Vishera Review: AMD FX-8350, FX-8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 Tested

look at the PS performance which Op needs most and in gaming core i5 is much better with such lower med GPU.

Neo

Nice suggesstion. And the OP can add a better gpu later on. (Maybe he can skip it for now, else extend budget and HD 6770 for 6k)

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Seems all the items listed are available on Flipkart.. is it better to buy from there or to get them from Nehru Place ? Also can you please clarify Processor power/speed vs graphics card..
how and whats the effect and which one should get the more investment. Also i would prefer AMD to intel as i have had good experience with it for over 10 years now :).. Ya.. can stretch budget by another 6k :)
Any AMD+Gigabyte combo.. have had very bad experiences with Asus..

On flipkart..
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/3302/51315004.jpg

Attachments

• 51315004.jpg
    51315004.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Neo

^^ FK is a little pricy for some items. Sapphire HD7770 OC is available at Nehru Place @ 7900. Also try MDComputers, Vedant Computers if you find a better deal.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
While comparing the prices, please consider that Flipkart.com prices include octroi/taxes, etc where they deliver directly i.e. metros I guess (we dont have to pay anything extra to delivery boys) and all other online shops quote the prices without taxes/octroi. So the prices increase by minimum 500 rs for heavy components which weigh more at least here in Maharshtra, I'm not sure about Delhi taxes/octroi.
So compare all the prices carefully if you are buying from online shops. And obviously if you visit Nehru Place, you'll get cheaper deals.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Opt for i5 3570 based combination with hd7770 if priority is editing images in photoshop.
In photoshop still many tools are single/light-threaded.
Also many functions in photoshop CS6 including some filters are GPU-accelerated which would be handled better by the GPU.
Fx8350 would be faster in case if some heavy filters are applied or in case of ray-tracing,otherwise i5 3570 would be better for most things in photoshop.
M5A97 should be fine for fx8350.Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is hard to find.For Gigabyte board next option is GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 -9.1k

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ arian29

Get this:

Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

Stick with the Asus board. I guess you must have had bad experiences with Rashi Peripherals. But now Asus RMA is handled by DIGILINK.
They are famous for handling RMA efficiently and in time.

Top Bottom