New Challenge: Delete the 'Startup' folder from Start menu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

detj2004

Broken In
Can n e 1 delete the Startup Folder from Start Menu - Programs?
Its annoying and useless to keep it in the start menu

bharathbala2003

why need title?
:? yes i jus tried it n it worked.. :shock: jus cut it outta there i.e C:\Windows\start menu\programs there ull find a folder statin start up.. jus cut it out..

if u had meant removin items in startup.. windows start->run
type
n press enter.. ther ull have an option in the top sayin startup.. or sumthin.. uncheck all that u dont need in start up :D

its as simple as that 8)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Right click on the folder, go to properties and hide it (enable hidden property). It won't appear in the start menu. :)

Alternatively try deleting it from the DOS mode. Although hiding it is a better alternative.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
tuxfan said:
Alternatively try deleting it from the DOS mode. Although hiding it is a better alternative.

dats that best.. dont del it.. u may need it in future.. n if ya del take a backup n then del :D

TheGuru

Broken In
Of all the things you can delete, you want to delete the 'Startup' folder!!! Just wondering if you "regularly" use all the other items in the Start menu...

:shock:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
TheGuru said:
Of all the things you can delete, you want to delete the 'Startup' folder!!! Just wondering if you "regularly" use all the other items in the Start menu...

:shock:

well said m8! :) i dont think this start up will troube anyone.. :?

tuxfan

Technomancer
I once again say, DON'T DELETE IT!! If you don't want it to be seen, just hide it. Out of sight is out of mind ;)

detj2004 said:
Can't it be deleted without n e probs.
Did you try deleting it form the DOS mode? Going to a DOS mode is just a few mouse clicks and a simple rd command :roll: If you don't know the command, I can tell you.

detj2004 said:
Keep trying there might be a solution...
:roll: Wow!! Do we all have a boss here? :roll:

OP
D

detj2004

Broken In
Wow!! Do we all have a boss here?

I didn't know u guys consider me 'BOSS' Thanx 4 d compliment
Actually, deleting d startup folder is not as easy as u L4|\/|3rs think!!!
Some reverse engineering is needed. If u've got dat special nerve, do it otherwise 5|-||_|7 |_||0!!!
:twisted:

babumuchhala

In the zone
Why do u want to delete Startup Menu by the way. If u want to reduce the no. of programs starting up:
Start --> Run --> msconfig --> startup
Disable everything except antivirus and firewall.
Restart.
Now delete the Start Menu (nothing in the menu ie everything disabled from msconfig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom