New cell phone needed in 10k-15k range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Hullo there.!
I am currently using Nokia 6630.I am looking to buy a new multimedia-oriented phone in the price range of 10k-15k.

The main criteria the phone should satisfy are:
1> Music quality should be great.
2> Read point no.1.
3> Should preferably be touchscreen.
4> Wi-fi support.
5> Should have sufficient processor speed and RAM to sustain itself, unlike the Nokia N-series phones.
7> Should preferably be a non-Nokia phone.

And BTW, I would be an added bonus if it runs Linux.! :p

Some names that come to my mind are HTC Touch, SE Walkman series phones, Moto Ming A1600/1800.
What would be a good choice for me.?

Power UP

In the zone
Motorola ZN5. It has everything you want except for a touchscreen.

But it has Touch-sensitive keypad, so some touch based feature :p

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Motorola ZN5. It has everything you want except for a touchscreen.

But it has Touch-sensitive keypad, so some touch based feature :p
How is the music quality of the phone.?The phone seems more camera-centric and I don't really care much about a camera.

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Motozine ZN5 seems to be the best buy for me.Will be getting it in a few days [most probably tomorrow].I am still open for any new suggestions though.The dealer quoted the price at 15,900 Rs.

BTW, will 32 MB RAM suffice for ZN5.?The last thing I want to end up with is a phone with excellent specs on paper, but feels sluggish because of being underpowered [read N-series].

Last edited:

Power UP

In the zone
ZN5 ui is quite fast. A quick youtube search will give you a better picture.
Before buying, ask for a demo piece if available. Check whether ur comfortable with it.
Remember it doesn't have certain features like 3G etc., but if u don't care about these then pick this up.

PS. The newer N-series phones have 128mb ram and arm11 processors. They are no longer slow as they once were ;)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n78, n79, n82 ,n85 ,n95 8gb are one hell of a super fast smart phones.. where were u for the last one yr?

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
ZN5 ui is quite fast. A quick youtube search will give you a better picture.
Before buying, ask for a demo piece if available. Check whether ur comfortable with it.
Remember it doesn't have certain features like 3G etc., but if u don't care about these then pick this up.

PS. The newer N-series phones have 128mb ram and arm11 processors. They are no longer slow as they once were ;)
3G soesn't matter since it's not even here in India yet.Are applications for this phone easily available.?
n78, n79, n82 ,n85 ,n95 8gb are one hell of a super fast smart phones.. where were u for the last one yr?
Last I tried was N82.It seemed faster than previous Nseries, but didn't use it much to make any conclusions.Phones like N73/72 had left a very bad impression about Nseries in my mind.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You can also take a look at Nokia N81. It has excellent sound quality, infact the best in the current N-Series line-up, and has wi-fi as well. Processor speed and RAM are sufficient for moderate multitasking.

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Which among N81 and ZN5 is better for music.?Some guy told me that the Wi-Fi in ZN5 can only be used for sending photos and not for browsing the net.!:shock:Is it true or should I explode dungballs on that guy.?
And any nice recommendations from SE Walkman series.?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Which among N81 and ZN5 is better for music.?Some guy told me that the Wi-Fi in ZN5 can only be used for sending photos and not for browsing the net.!:shock:Is it true or should I explode dungballs on that guy.?
And any nice recommendations from SE Walkman series.?

Both phones have great sound quality. However if I remember correctly ZN5 does not have a manual equalizer. Also the wi-fi in ZN5 is fully functional.

From the SE stables you can check out the P1i.

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Got the Moto ZN5.First impression about the camera is that it's pretty average.I expected a 5MP cam to be better than this.Will compare it with friend's N82 to see how it fares.The audio quality is very good though.! :p

BTW, where can I find some nice applications for this phone.?

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Got the Moto ZN5.First impression about the camera is that it's pretty average.I expected a 5MP cam to be better than this.Will compare it with friend's N82 to see how it fares.The audio quality is very good though.! :p

BTW, where can I find some nice applications for this phone.?

Congratulations :)

According to all reviews online, its the best 5mp cam phone till date, even better than n82.

Actually, even when i compared zn5 to n82 , i did not find that much noticable difference.

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Yep, on comparing the images of ZN5 and N82 [both images were viewed on both the phones],I find that results were pretty similar.The person's were was clearer in ZN5 while background details seemed sharper in N82.Maybe it was me who was expecting too much out of a 5MP phone.! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom