new cabinet......

rahul2002

Journeyman
Hi,
I need a new cabinet to replace my cooler master elite 334. My maximum budget is 5k.pls guys suggedt sny good csbinet available in kolkata.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Nice suggestion, Jas. All the mentioned cabinet have good airflow design, plenty of space for multi-gpu setup, big CPU Cooler and have hardroom for lots of quality cooling product.
In Kolkata CM690 II Plus is available @ 4.8K in Vedant and M.D. Computer without tax.

OP
rahul2002

rahul2002

Journeyman
i spoke with m.d. and they said they can get lian li cabinets!!! should i go for cooler master or lian li????

Cilus

laborare est orare
I like the design of CM cabinets but Lian Li cabinets are more spacious as per my knowledge. Please contact SKUD as he is having one.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Inside 5K budget NZXT cabinets are very good, but I don't think they are still aviliblr at kolkata. If you want a good looking cabinet, then nothing can beat nzxt at your price range. So, you may even try online stores.

OP
rahul2002

rahul2002

Journeyman
i spoke with itwares.com and asked about problems related to sending cabinets through courier into west bengal. However they said that they had problems before but now they send through DTDC and there is no problem now. Can someone clarify this????

d3p

PowerHouse
Inside 5K budget NZXT cabinets are very good, but I don't think they are still aviliblr at kolkata. If you want a good looking cabinet, then nothing can beat nzxt at your price range. So, you may even try online stores.

I disagree on this point. If the price range is 2k or something similar then NZXT Gamma is good option & NZXT Guardian 921 or Lexa S or Tempest EVO fall's in such a category where user can afford other good Cabinets like CM 690 II or USP 100 with lesser Price & good air flow.

Next is Cable Management & Internal Space, which CM has better option to remove the HDD cage & accommodate few monsters like 6990 or 590's.

Hey Guys, my budget just went up to 7K. Advice a good cabby please.....

I would like to ask only one thing, Can you please let us know the reason for upgrading the Cabinet ????? & from 5k -7k.

Why this question is being asked.....as your config
Phenom II X4 965/msi 790fx-gd70/Gskill 3gb ddr3 1600mhz ram/CM elite 334/XFX hd 5770/corsair TX 750/ WD caviar green 500gb HDD
is pretty decent, where a basic mid tower like Gamma or RC 430 or Even USP100 can do much better instead of spending a lot.

IMHO Even i don't see a need of upgrading the existing cabinet i.e CM 334 to something else.

If you are planning to upgrade then please let us know what exactly the upgrade will be ?? Based on those facts probably we can suggest you something better & even save those cash for some other components & finally the config cost is optimised.

Even then you just need a Cabinet Upgrade to Mid Tower/Full Tower for name shake within 7k then take any one of these.

1). NZXT Phantom - Priced exactly 7k at theitwares [the only affordable full tower available at the moment]
2). CM HAF 922 - Priced 6.5k at most of the shop in india.
3). Lian Li Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K62R2 RED AMD Edition - 7.2k
4). Thermaltake V9 Black Edition - 5.9k at theitwares.
5). CM 690 II advanced - 5k max.

Even you can consider buying a CM HAF 932, as these days the street price of HAF 932 has dropped a lot approx 8k.

OP
rahul2002

rahul2002

Journeyman
^^^^following reasons
1. upgrading my GPU card
2. My cabinet is haeting up so need a good cabinet with large space
3. cable management is a nightmare in this cabbie
4. need future proof cabbie... will change my rig in afew months ( waiting for release of AMD bulldozer and intel ivybridge)

mainly considering the 912 advanced....but looking forward to the release of corsair carbide series in india

about cash.... thats not a problem!!!! willing to spend but on the right components....

d3p

PowerHouse
Then consider one of them based on your Upgrade Options & Budget.

1). NZXT Phantom - Priced exactly 7k at theitwares [the only affordable full tower available at the moment]
2). CM HAF 922 - Priced 6.5k at most of the shop in india.
3). Lian Li Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K62R2 RED AMD Edition - 7.2k
4). Thermaltake V9 Black Edition - 5.9k at theitwares.
5). CM 690 II advanced - 5k max.

Even you can consider buying a CM HAF 932, as these days the street price of HAF 932 has dropped a lot approx 8k.

Waiting for Carbide won't be a worth, as they won't be available soon in india. Roughly i can say till next year mid it won't be available.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
First 3 suggestions of d3p5kor are very good. But with an AMD config, a Lancool PC-K62R2 would be a brilliant choice at your budget. ITwares would send the cabby through DTDC, so you don't need Form-50 anymore. One bonus of Lancool K62 is it has 8 PCI slots as compared to 7 of all other mid-towers. What this mean is that you can pretty much easily put 03 dual-slot graphics cards. Airflow is exceptionally good, tools-free installation is breeze, quality top-notch. Only downside - just 4 HDD/SSD racks and for those who are concerned, no side panel fan.

And with a budget of 7k, stay away from 912 adv. If you add a larger graphics card, you have to remove the top HDD panel, losing 4 bays.

Last edited:
OP
rahul2002

rahul2002

Journeyman
thanks @skud for the advice.... actually lian li k62 is my ultimate choice due its large space and toolless fetures. Only problem is shipping..... but , i think i am ready to take a leap of faith!!!!

Top Bottom