new build for my friend

ankit0_0

Broken In
hi guys one of my frnd is going to buy components for his new rig he wants to use i5 2500 or i7 2600 as he will not be overclocking his max budget is 55k
he already has monitor, keyboard, mouse, ups and speakers
he wants the motherboard form other companies than intel so plz guys reply

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 55k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: no

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 gb to 1 tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 1920 x 1080

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: in a weeks time

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: monitor, keyboard, mouse, ups, speakers,

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: mumbai

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Here goes your config:
* CPU: Intel i5-2500k - 11.5k
* Mobo: Gigabyte P67A-UD3R SB - 9.7k
* HDD: WDC Black SATA3 1TB - 4.5k
* RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB - 2.3k
* OD: Samsung 22x - 0.9k
* GPU: Radeon HD6950 - 17k
* PSU: Corsair VX550 - 4.5k
* CASE: NZXT M59 - 3.5k

Total -- 53.9k

Better go with i5-2500k. I know he wont be OCing, but as he has a preety good budget so i have suggested. May be in the future he would like to OC. So, then he can OC without any problems. :D

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Best u can get for 55K.....
Component | Model | Price Processor | I7 2600 | 14.5k
Motherboard | Intel DH67CL B3 | 6k
RAM | Gskill 2*4GB 1600 DDR3 | 5k
HDD | Seagate 1TB | 2.6k
ODD | Samsung 22x | 0.9k
Cabinet | Cooler Master Storm Scout | 6k
GPU | MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC | 15.5k
PSU | VX550 | 4.5k
Total | | 55K

@saswat23 OP has already mentioned, he needs only CPU

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
^IMO CM HAF 912 advanced(the new one) is better than storm scout..or CM 690 II advanced!!

and for gaming i5 2500+gtx 570 will be better rather than 2600+gtx 560 Ti

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11000
Motherboard |Intel DP67BG|8500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL|2500
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6970 2GB/ASUS GTX570 Direct Cu II|20500
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 620|5000
Case |CM 690 II Advanced Transparent Side Panel|5500
| Total |55600

slashragnarok

In the zone
The NZXT tempest Evo is something like 7k but what I like about it is that all fans are included. Of course i guess for 7k you'd be able to but a CM 690 II advanced for 5.5k and fans too. But I really like the tempest evo.

One problem Ive heard of with the tempest is that the two front fans are hidden by the drive bay cover. So there is a metal grill, dust filter, and the drive bay cover foam all in front of the fan and this severely hinders front fan intake. many people mod this a bit by cutting the metal mesh and leaving the filter.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The NZXT tempest Evo is something like 7k but what I like about it is that all fans are included. Of course i guess for 7k you'd be able to but a CM 690 II advanced for 5.5k and fans too. But I really like the tempest evo.

One problem Ive heard of with the tempest is that the two front fans are hidden by the drive bay cover. So there is a metal grill, dust filter, and the drive bay cover foam all in front of the fan and this severely hinders front fan intake. many people mod this a bit by cutting the metal mesh and leaving the filter.

NZXT tempest Evo is 5.2K

masterkd

Padawan
at the same price range of ~5.5k CM 690 II advanced or HAF 912 advanced is much better than tempest EVO..so get the better product!!

slashragnarok

In the zone
at the same price range of ~5.5k CM 690 II advanced or HAF 912 advanced is much better than tempest EVO..so get the better product!!

They are theoretically not in the same range. The two cases you mentioned do not come bundled with 6 fans. Two or three good fans easily set you back buy 1-1.5k rs.

masterkd

Padawan
having more fans isn't everything for a cabinet..builds quality, cable management etc matters more..you can always buy fan later but you cannot enhance those prime factors later..moreover, both the cabinets i mentioned comes with three fans..that's good enough!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^690 II is better in cable management.
and a k will be futureproof. no harm in getting if it is in his budget and no other components are compromised.

masterkd

Padawan
CM 690 II advanced have better material and lots of features like gfx bracket, more fan support, better filter for PSU, 240 mm radiator support, 2.5"/1.8" ssd support,screwless etc!!

HAF 912 advanced have bigger fans means more airflow with less noise, better material, usb 3.0 front panel, 2.5"/1.8" ssd support, 240mm radiator, screwless etc!!

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
k series not required as my frnd is not going to overclock and he doesnt want a intel board can he put a nvidia sli in some h67 motherboard

Top Bottom