New Browser created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every1,

My name is Sunny Guha and i am 15.5 yrs old. I'm frm Jabalpur,India. I have just created a browser in C# and named it SunSeeker. Guys and gals it really is fast i'm not boasting. my browser uses tweaked IE engine and is of only 24 kb. Plz don't xpect Opera, FireFox or IE stuff. This browser can just go back frwd stop and go. Thats it. I'm not a professional programmer thats y. I'm in dire need of developers and testers. Plz contact me if u wanna help. This is an open source work.

Visit my site www.sunnyguha.go.cc to view download instructions and links. If u directly want to download see below -

There r 3 links to download SunSeeker
snipped[/color

Requirements

1-.net framework 2.0 available free of cost from microsoft
2-IE7(IE6 not tested)

It is my request that plz test SunSeeker. It is bad and worthless(yet it is fast), but plz do see it once and send ur comments to me. I really need help. Even if u dislike it i'd be glad to hear ur comments. I alone made it.

Sunny Guha
email me at -- I guess you like spam

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathik

Google Bot
nice work dude... wait.. m trying it...
btw its more of a plugin than a actual browser... also its the wrong section...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
WARNING:​

Guys, the file is infected with win32.parite.b Virus.

I request all people not to install the browser. Moderators, please remove the links in the post. You also need to edit in the repeat post:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55212

Here is a snap-shot of the virus alert from "Active Virus Shield".

*i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/kiran_rkk/Miscellaneous/sunseekerSmall.jpg

About Win32.parite.b.Virus
It is a parasitic memory resident virus is functionally identical to Win32.Parite.a. It differs from Parite.a only in the key that it creates in the system registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PINF]

Kaspersky

Last edited:
always try with virustotal, as i told u past...

Result :

*www.virustotal.com/vt/en/resultadox?0abd1fce410b076654494e8700d312b0

AhnLab-V32007.4.14.004.13.2007no virus found
AntiVir7.3.1.5204.16.2007W32/Parite
Authentium4.93.804.13.2007no virus found
Avast4.7.981.004.16.2007Win32:parite
AVG7.5.0.44704.15.2007no virus found
BitDefender7.204.16.2007no virus found
CAT-QuickHeal9.0004.14.2007no virus found
ClamAVdevel-2007031204.16.2007no virus found
DrWeb4.3304.16.2007Win32.Parite.2
eSafe7.0.15.004.12.2007no virus founde
Trust-Vet30.7.357204.16.2007no virus found
Ewido4.004.16.2007no virus found
FileAdvisor104.16.2007no virus found
Fortinet2.85.0.004.16.2007no virus found
F-Prot4.3.2.4804.13.2007W32/Parite.B
F-Secure6.70.13030.004.16.2007no virus found
IkarusT3.1.1.504.16.2007no virus found
Kaspersky4.0.2.2404.16.2007no virus found
McAfee500904.13.2007W32/Pate.b
Microsoft1.240504.16.2007no virus found
NOD32v2219404.16.2007no virus found
Norman5.80.0204.14.2007no virus found
Panda9.0.0.404.15.2007no virus found
Prevx1V204.16.2007no virus found
Sophos4.16.004.12.2007no virus found
Sunbelt2.2.907.004.07.2007no virus found
Symantec1004.16.2007no virus found
TheHacker6.1.6.09504.15.2007no virus found
VBA323.11.304.14.2007suspected of Embedded.Win32.Parite.B
VirusBuster4.3.7:904.15.2007no virus found
Webwasher-Gateway6.0.104.16.2007Win32.Parite
gr8 anti virus programs :D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
The scan result didn't show up the virus in all becoz the virus is nicely crafted and embedded in the setup file. It will not be revealed by mere scanning. It will be found only during installation.

blackpearl

The Devil
nod32 didn't detect the virus according to the report submitted by 24online. :( :(

I want to to test whether it detects during installation. Is it safe to try? I'm using nod32.

shantanu

Technomancer
you are distributing a five line source code as a browser... this can be easily made in VB and without even writing any code.. VB does it for you.. you just have to add a text box and some buttons...:

like this:
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text)
End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted

End Sub
End Class

wat say...

i know you made it in c# and its a great work for a 15.5 yr. old kid.. hats of to you for that... but really its BAD to distribute viruses and parasites like that....

Thanks to KIRAN_TECH_MANIA

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
blackpearl said:
nod32 didn't detect the virus according to the report submitted by 24online. :( :(

I want to to test whether it detects during installation. Is it safe to try? I'm using nod32.

As I said, the virus is embedded one. It is possible that the "virustotal" website may have just scanned the files. Most of the antivirus including Kaspersky will miss that one.
NOD32 has the virus in its database. Check the link. Here you can see all the alias used by antivirus manufacturers. This includes NOD32 too. So I suspect that NOD32 will find it during installation.
But...the risk factor is your responsibility. :)

shantanu_webmaster said:
you are distributing a five line source code as a browser... this can be easily made in VB and without even writing any code.. VB does it for you.. you just have to add a text box and some buttons...:

Good one.

Thanks to KIRAN_TECH_MANIA

You are welcome. :)

Last edited:

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Gr8 work thnks
I actually wanted to try d browser but after ur warning i stopped it.
Thnks a lot

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Great work darkknight.

By the way, my computer was also infected by that virus(2 months ago). Actually it infects all the *.exe files in the whole HDD.

OP
D

darkknight

Sunny
Sir,

The browser SunSeeker insn't infected. I had no intention. If it is then plz help me out on how to remove it. I created the file in 2007 and modified it in 2003 as my computer's clock is dead! Maybe becoz of time stamp thing the file is said to be infected . Plz sir(s) help me out. My original post was - 'New Browser created'

--

Hi every1,

My name is Sunny Guha and i am 15.5 yrs old. I'm frm Jabalpur,India. I have just created a browser in C# and named it SunSeeker. Guys and gals it really is fast i'm not boasting. my browser uses tweaked IE engine and is of only 24 kb. Plz don't xpect Opera, FireFox or IE stuff. This browser can just go back frwd stop and go. Thats it. I'm not a professional programmer thats y. I'm in dire need of developers and testers. Plz contact me if u wanna help. This is an open source work.

Visit my site www.sunnyguha.go.cc to view download instructions and links. If u directly want to download see below -

There r 3 links to download SunSeeker
snipped[/color

Requirements

1-.net framework 2.0 available free of cost from microsoft
2-IE7(IE6 not tested)

It is my request that plz test SunSeeker. It is bad and worthless(yet it is fast), but plz do see it once and send ur comments to me. I really need help. Even if u dislike it i'd be glad to hear ur comments. I alone made it.

Sunny Guha
email me at -- I guess you like spam

Asfaq: New thread merged with older one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Re: Browser Virus?

Why are you posting it again as a new thread? We have seen enough of spams here. Please continue in the same thread.

Regarding Virus, if you have not done it intentionally, then it is possible that your system was infected at that time. If have a good antivirus software, perform a full scan of the system turning on "Extended scan". The virus infects all exe files. Already one guy has fallen prey to the virus from your post. So please make sure that you scan the file thoroughly while uploading something on net.

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
Re: Browser Virus?

This virus had infected all the .exe files in my C Drive :evil:

But Kaspersky removed this Virus.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I just double clicked on the file named SunSeeker 0.1_0_1_1_1.application, which wasn't infected. Kspersky didn't detect anything.
It installed something and after that the browser started. Here is a screenshot of the browser.*img168.imageshack.us/img168/9133/sunseekerot1.th.jpg

I guess that setup file is for installing .NET framework, which was already installed in my system. That file is infected.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
darkknight said:
See I told u my file wasn't infected! Now u ppl trust me!

It seems like you are not understanding the core scenario. Virus is resident in the exe package. It may be a 3rd party vendor. It is bound to make damage. Do onething. Disable your antivirus software and install your own program again. Make some reboots, and activate the antivirus software. Scan whole computer. All the exe files in your computer will be infected with win32.parite.b virus.

With such implications, would anyone proceed further for installation? The answer is a big NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom