so i need help of you guys...

1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
Touchscreen only and 3.2inch or more preffered

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
no preference

4. Preferred choice of brand?
no pathetic Indian companies please

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
front facing camera will be a bonus

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
android only

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G needed...

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS and flash

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
everything, from gaming to internet, songs videos and blah blah blah

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
not yet

12. Any other info that you want to share
please try not to tell any phone above 10k (upto 9k preffered)...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
You should increase your budget and get a Motorola Defy. If you are lucky, you might be able to bag one for around 12k-13k range... A friend of mine bought Defy a few months ago for 13.5k, so I believe the price should have come down even more... That phone is totally VFM premium phone, and you won't need any other upgrade for more than a year...

But if you just cannot increase your budget, then I would recommend HTC Explorer. Its on Sulekha @9.8k...

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
You should increase your budget and get a Motorola Defy. If you are lucky, you might be able to bag one for around 12k-13k range... A friend of mine bought Defy a few months ago for 13.5k, so I believe the price should have come down even more... That phone is totally VFM premium phone, and you won't need any other upgrade for more than a year...

But if you just cannot increase your budget, then I would recommend HTC Explorer. Its on Sulekha @9.8k...

defy is not available, i checked both online and local shops.... and also its above budget...
i somehow managed to convince my parents for a new phone and they wont buy me any phone above 10k...

sainath

Android Addicted
I don't think u will get gaming, front camera, flash support android phone at this price range. try HTC Explorer or LG Optimus Net. or Increase your budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
officially flash is possible on HTC Explorer. LG Optimus One/Net or similar mobiles can't run flash content. though unofficially it is very much possible.

get HTC Explorer. don't be fooled by the 600Mhz processor. it can match 800Mhz clocked Wildfire S. else Optimus Net is the only viable option.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Ok, i was earlier thinking for galaxy Y but i dont't like its camera and small screen....

just one more question, both these phone have unlocked bootloader or not because i will be installing custom roms....

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
@op,I can understand your situation bro.
You have read a lot about Android,some of your friends have Android phones,which they flash at the slightest of opportunity.
Now,you want your share of Android.

Now,as an elder brother I will try to give you some friendly advice....you can always ignore them if you want to.

1.Do not expect anything magical in Android,just like Symbian it is just another mobile o.s.
Your old Nokia probably has all the basic functionalities of Android.
Along with them Android has SOME useful and LOADS OF USELESS features and 3rd party apps.

2.Just imagine how will Windows7 HP behave in a Pentium 4 system with 512 MB of memory.
Budget Android phones are like that.
Sub 10k phones are sluggish like snail with screen quality slighhtly better than those of those Micromax transreflective screens.
Gaming and watching videos is a torture in these devices.

3.You will be amazed how bad these phone sounds compared to your 5k Nokia through headphones.

Now do you want such a phone?
Ask yourself.
There are a couple of decent Android phones like ZTE blade or Optimus Net which you can buy,but I will suggest you to wait and save up a little more(from your pocket money),till you have around 15-16k.

If you love portable gaming...ditch smartphones for a psp(I did that,when I was a kid...and that was the best decision I have ever made)

P.S. Me not an Android hater,learning and working on Android since Eclair.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
@sam now i am really confused between samsung galaxy Y, htc explorer and optimus net... :-| which one to go...?

@red dragon i am not even in a college yet, so a budget smartphone will be enough for me to do androiding... Also i like computer to play games rather than the consoles...

S

siddhipatel

As per your requirement I think Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Pop, Samsung Galaxy Fit are some of the options available to you. You can choose the one which suits your requirement the best.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
@thetechfreak thanx...
@siddhipatel that galaxy fit has pathetic screen, i've used it and it appears that pixel are really far away and images become a dot matrix print...

Hows acer liquid, i know its difficult to find but is it better than net or explorer...?

swapyworld

Broken In
Have a look at motorola fire-xt......saw somewhere it is available at 5.7k with 6.5 inch screen 800 Mhz processor and 512 mb ram and with gingerbread update i guess or you can update it too....at this specs its a really good choice....imho !!

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Have a look at motorola fire-xt......saw somewhere it is available at 5.7k with 6.5 inch screen 800 Mhz processor and 512 mb ram and with gingerbread update i guess or you can update it too....at this specs its a really good choice....imho !!

6.5 inch...?
Its 3.5 inch only..
And you just said 5.7k, was it second hand or OEM because i cant find it below 11k...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@thetechfreak thanx...
@siddhipatel that galaxy fit has pathetic screen, i've used it and it appears that pixel are really far away and images become a dot matrix print...

Hows acer liquid, i know its difficult to find but is it better than net or explorer...?

Stay away from Acer. All crap phones...

Also, between LG Net and HTC Explorer, I believe you should choose HTC Explorer, because it has a better built quality.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Ohk then...
I'll try to find htc explorer(its hard to found htc in my area)...
If not then i'll go for optimus net dual although i dont need a dual sim but its only 500rs more for dual sim support and higher 3g speed than net(from gsmarena)...
If not net dual then please tell the reason why...! :)

Also one more question, acc to gsmarena net has ARMv6 cpu while net dual has ARM 11, so which cpu has better instruction set...?

(sorry for lot of questions but this my first android and also i wont be getting any new phone for next 2yrs, so i just wanna make sure that i dont make wrong choice)

Top Bottom