New android phone upto 15k

tousif

Journeyman
hello guys.
i need an android phone for upto 15k.
i am confused between samsung and micromax. i know samsung is a good brand. but is micromax reliable..and does it have a good after sales service.?
my choices of phones are-
1. samsung s duos.
2. micromax a110
3. micromax a116 HD

i know canvas series is good, but never purchased any micromax phones so nt sure abt the quality, performance and after sales service..
galaxy s dous is wid old processor bt does it match d performance wid a110 and new a116?
And is there any chance of galaxy s3 mini getting launched in india?
any othr suggestions are most welcome

so guys plz help me..
thnks in advance.

suhailkhan

Broken In
Lolsss, read carefully buddy, what he meant was DISCOUNTED. its official price is around 18k but I heard people got it for some 15k using discounts. Lg has also promised jb update for this so I dont think its going to be DISCONTINUED for a while.

tkin

Back to school!!
Get Optimus L9, if you can't get a deal or can't spare 18k for it, get Xperia Sola.

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
Xperia sola doesnt have front cam. so dnt need it
still any othr suggestions???
other than LG..

tkin

Back to school!!
Xperia sola doesnt have front cam. so dnt need it
still any othr suggestions???
other than LG..
For your budget all other phones except L9, Xperia U, Sola, comes with archaic cortex A5 and Adreno 203 or SGX 530 type gpus, and mostly android 2.3.3, forget JB, so unless you want to see your phone lagging playing even 720p content or temple run you should go with L9/Sola/U(limited memory,no expandability).

PS: There's Micromax Canvas for 13k but micromax build quality and service sucks, check the rma watch thread.

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
L9 is out of budget wid 18.5k price tag..any othr suggestions??

like mmx a116, but the service is pathetic.... so nt sure abt it

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
screen resolution is smthng odd for optimus l9 540*960.so vl it run all apps and games or thr will b some problms

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
screen resolution is smthng odd for optimus l9 540*960.so vl it run all apps and games or thr will b some problms

how is it odd? it is qHD same as HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia P, Motorola Atrix2. qHD is the standard in midrange and apps support qHD.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
For your budget all other phones except L9, Xperia U, Sola, comes with archaic cortex A5 and Adreno 203 or SGX 530 type gpus, and mostly android 2.3.3, forget JB, so unless you want to see your phone lagging playing even 720p content or temple run you should go with L9/Sola/U(limited memory,no expandability).

PS: There's Micromax Canvas for 13k but micromax build quality and service sucks, check the rma watch thread.

Sola and U have U8500 NovaThor and Mali400 (Single core GPU).. Not really as archaic as the Adreno 203 types but still underpowered
Main pro blem of Sola is the battery life tho.. its ridiculous

tkin

Back to school!!
Sola and U have U8500 NovaThor and Mali400 (Single core GPU).. Not really as archaic as the Adreno 203 types but still underpowered
Main pro blem of Sola is the battery life tho.. its ridiculous
Mali 400SP s actually faster than Adreno 203, but I agree, they both suck, but what can he get, this is India, as sam said earlier, the dumping ground of MNCs, america can have Nexus 4 for $200, we have a cortex a5 and adreno 203 for the same price :evil:

OP, how about a tablet? Only if you trust the company, the no. of units sold are astounding: iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G Dual Core 1.6GHz Tablet + Phone 7" IPS 1GB RAM 3G SIM | eBay

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
is any one from mumbai out thr??
i wanna c lg optimus l9.. bt its nt available in major stores like croma,reliance digital, e zone and othr electronic stores.
so can someone tell me whr can i get to c the phne??

Tenida

Gadget Freak
how about discounted Lg Optimus L9?
Tkin, Furious_gamer and many more owns it ;)
Best one!
You just forget to add my name to owner list. :'(

Totally worth @14.5K imo
*www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Samsung-Galaxy-S-Advance-SmartPhone/P-E-M-Samsung-Galaxy-S-Advance.html

btw. price cut of l9 as well 16.5k
*www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-LG-Optimus-L9-Android-Smartphone/P-E-M-LG-L9.html?id=White

Nerevarine

Incarnate
S advance is really good for that price..
you should go for it, IMO but I dont think infibeam is trustworthy.. Buy ONLY if they offer COD

Tenida

Gadget Freak
S advance is really good for that price..
you should go for it, IMO but I dont think infibeam is trustworthy.. Buy ONLY if they offer COD

I got Q&Q watch from them. Yeah very good service and trustworthy :)
BTW. COD is there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom