new a professional graphics card

ajeeshys

Journeyman
:!::phi.
i need to buy a professional graphics card.am an animation student
i ll work with 3ds max n maya. pleae suggest me with one performance good card.
my budget 1o-13k

my pc config as follows

processor intel core 2 duoE700 2.8ghz
motherboard gigabyte G31M-ES2L
memory 2048 RAM ddr 2
i ve a mercory 400w psu

Now am having a galaxy Nvidia force 9500 GT 1GB ddr3 but it is not professional card . it takes long time for rendering and sometimes crashing down my system
please help me

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
If you're on budget,

NVIDIA Quadro FX580 ~ 10.7k
NVIDIA Quadro FX570 ~ 9.5k
NVIDIA Quadro FX370 ~ 7.3k

If you got enough cash,
FX1700 @ 23k
FX1800 @ 26k

I don't know much abt WS cards, but i do know that they often prefer for accuracy in rendering and other things, which can't be done by a gaming card

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
please don't go for low end nvidia quadro fx or ati firepro card they are just waste of money. Go for quadro only if u have budget arnd 20 - 25 k , if you don't have a budget go for gtx 460 with is better then entry level quadro, please once conform it with your facalty , i am also a animation student nd nw wrkng on maya (texturing). Our facilty strongly recommend a mid level gaming card instead of entry level of quadro card.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@OP
are you going to be Mental Ray for rendering or going to use Hardware render?
If you're on budget,

NVIDIA Quadro FX580 ~ 10.7k
NVIDIA Quadro FX570 ~ 9.5k
NVIDIA Quadro FX370 ~ 7.3k

If you got enough cash,
FX1700 @ 23k
FX1800 @ 26k

I don't know much abt WS cards, but i do know that they often prefer for accuracy in rendering and other things, which can't be done by a gaming card
don't suggest Quadros, they got bad performance compared to same priced FirePros!
first tell your psu also...
upgrade to 4gb ram..
+1
you'll see a huge improvement after increasing the RAM!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
GTX460 will not be good for professional card. Best the OP should do, is contact a design studio, and ask them what is best. Most of us do not know much about pro accelerators.

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
Re: nead a professional graphics card

hey thaks all u guys for urs kind suggestion

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

guys just opened my cabinet
my PSu is mercury ATX swtiching power supply it reads
i ve to upgrade to 4 gb RAM !!:-x

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

CAn i post a help to nvidia?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: nead a professional graphics card

^^

Dude, AFAIK getting a gaming card like GTX460 is not good for pro work.

So better get FX1800/1700.

Also you seriously need to change the PSU, if you're about to get a gfx card. A minimum of Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k is your choice.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:!::phi.
i need to buy a professional graphics card.am an animation student
i ll work with 3ds max n maya. pleae suggest me with one performance good card.
my budget 1o-13k

my pc config as follows

processor intel core 2 duoE700 2.8ghz
motherboard gigabyte G31M-ES2L
memory 2048 RAM ddr 2
i ve a mercory 400w psu

Now am having a galaxy Nvidia force 9500 GT 1GB ddr3 but it is not professional card . it takes long time for rendering and sometimes crashing down my system
please help me

there is nothing called professional graphics card....
there r three types:
Low-ENd,Mid-End,High-ENd

& according to ur budget u need a Mid-End card....
choose from ATI 5XXX cards :-o

mavihs

Techie By Heart
there is nothing called professional graphics card....
there r three types:
Low-ENd,Mid-End,High-ENd

& according to ur budget u need a Mid-End card....
choose from ATI 5XXX cards :-o
then wat time of cards are Quadros & Firepros!!!!! :| :| :|

ankiatir4850

VG gamerush!
agreed with rajkumar
GO.FOR QUADRO SERIES...they are workstations cards meant for doing only these type of stuffs..I have heard that its performnce is equal to GTX280!!!! but when encoding comes they are the kings!!!!!!!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
have u seen a professional LCD TV or washing machine....???:?:

that's too lame comparison dude... :p

there are gamers and there are professional gamers (they are basically testers employed by gaming companies who just play and play and do nothing else).
there are casual graphic designers(hobbyists) and then there are professional graphic designers

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
that's too lame comparison dude... :p

there are gamers and there are professional gamers (they are basically testers employed by gaming companies who just play and play and do nothing else).
there are casual graphic designers(hobbyists) and then there are professional graphic designers

hey i m saying on hardware..not on profesional guys...:))

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Yes there are. So why do you think the companies introduce cards like FX,Quadro for.

AFAIK,they are meant for professional works and the the GTX,GTS are for gamers. :D (Correct me if i am wrong :D )

D

Deleted member 26636

ok.....i'll agree that an entry level quadro or fireGL is no better than a good gaming card..my roommate has a quadro fx 560 & it performs just as well as my ati hd4850...if you are looking mostly for rendering, it is your CPU & RAM that is most used..a good Workstation should have loads of RAM..atleast a minimum of 8-12gb..else for complex scenes with loads of textures & lights, the 3d app(max or maya) will always run out of memory...the gfx card is mostly used for viewport rendering & has very little influence on actual rendering.basically for a 3d app its like this-

Render speed: CPU
Render complex scenes: RAM
Ability to view complex scenes: Video Card

your 2gb RAM is way too low for rendering complex scenes(ones with displacement, normal maps or dense meshes)...read this- LINK

Last edited by a moderator:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

I agree with you. I hope all the animation guys need to display their content. So they must have a good GPU too. Not a Uber-High, but a decent one is enough.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
i didn't know that gtx 460 and the like can be used for professional animation
i always thought that place was reserved for cards like nvidia quadro and ati firepro
but if someone can get the same uses out of gaming cards like 5770 and gtx 460, its a win-win situation
how many of us can actually convince our parents that we are buying high end machines for work and use it for gaming too!!!! :-D

btw
rajkumar your siggy rocks dude :-D

Top Bottom