new 3870x2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitash

Intel OCer
HI my 3879x2 is only a week old and im gettin a problem...lemme start at the beggining...wen u got the new gecube 3870x2 x turbo dual and fit it on my mobo only 1 fan was running...i thought i hadn seated it properly and i reseated the card...everything started workin fine...crysis at Vhi at 1600x900 t 30fps and all but now suddenly my comp just turned off for no reason and i was jus browsin the net...i restarted the comp and i had the same prob wid the gfx card only 1 fan was running and the other was not and i wasnt even getting a display....i reseated the card like 5 times but sill now luck... i swapped the card wid my old 8600gts and everythin was workin fine...so wat seems to be the problem???Do i have to get the card replaced??or is it some other problem??im using the catalyst 8.3 drivers.....

napster007

Padawan
i think ur PSU might be faulty...though it is very early to make any final decisions but it's the only logical problem i can think of.

P.S- I don't think ur card can give problems so soon.

jasku

In the zone
HI my 3879x2 is only a week old and im gettin a problem...lemme start at the beggining...wen u got the new gecube 3870x2 x turbo dual and fit it on my mobo only 1 fan was running...i thought i hadn seated it properly and i reseated the card...everything started workin fine...crysis at Vhi at 1600x900 t 30fps and all but now suddenly my comp just turned off for no reason and i was jus browsin the net...i restarted the comp and i had the same prob wid the gfx card only 1 fan was running and the other was not and i wasnt even getting a display....i reseated the card like 5 times but sill now luck... i swapped the card wid my old 8600gts and everythin was workin fine...so wat seems to be the problem???Do i have to get the card replaced??or is it some other problem??im using the catalyst 8.3 drivers.....

Dude wat PSU do you have?? I mean the brand, I notice it is 600W that like on the edge for the 3870X2, but maybe it needs more juice, you might wanna tryout a 700W PSU.

PS- where did u buy ur card from and how much?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^for the x2 at least 700W.for x2 cf,at least 1000W psu to be on safe side.also check the amps on each 12V rails before buying new psu

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
its the coler master extreme power 600W psu and its not overheating at all...bfore i go for a new psu i wanna make sure its nt a card problem....i mentioned it was working fine but just suddenly conked out on me...i think its the card

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Amitash, I had the same problem. Not a problem of psu. The card is faulty. Get RMA as soon as possible. I burnt my previous card as in my case also, only one fan was running. U will see that if u manually move the second fan, it will also start running.
Bottomline : GET RMA ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom