New 32 or 64 GB pen drive !!! suggestion and offer

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hi

i am planning to buy a new 32 gb or 64 gb pendrive to be used to create multi os installs like win7, win 8, ubuntu etc. and also store some files

i have seen many pendrive on snapdeal and flipkart, there are many companies new companies with cheap price as compare to other companies

are this companies good any user have bought and what is their experience

PNY
Lexar
Strontium
Verbatim

i knwo about corsair, kingston etc. they are well known

please help me guy to buy one cheap and best pen drive, please provide me some coupon if you have and give me suggestions

thanks in advance

Flash

Lost in speed
Loading OS's on USB's results in more read and writes, and thereby reduces the shelf life of USB.

maheshn

Journeyman
hi

i am planning to buy a new 32 gb or 64 gb pendrive to be used to create multi os installs like win7, win 8, ubuntu etc. and also store some files

i have seen many pendrive on snapdeal and flipkart, there are many companies new companies with cheap price as compare to other companies

are this companies good any user have bought and what is their experience

PNY
Lexar
Strontium
Verbatim

i knwo about corsair, kingston etc. they are well known

please help me guy to buy one cheap and best pen drive, please provide me some coupon if you have and give me suggestions

thanks in advance

Hello, just some information for you... none of the companies mentioned by you above are 'new'.

-PNY is there since 1985(!) and make almost all(if not all) of the pendrives sold by HP

-Lexar was once a division of Cirrus Logic (Older people here who have used graphics cards will remember :), then independent, and now owned by Micron, one of the worlds largest memory manufacturers

-Verbatim is there since 1978(!!) and is part of Mitsubishi Corp of Japan

-Strontium is the new kid on the block in this lot, founded in 2002 and based in singapore

I would advise you to pick the one having the most value for money based on actual user experience - go to well reputed sites incl amazon, newegg etc and go through the user reviews for what you are buying, and make an informed choice, and also length of warranty offered.

Personally I own, or have owned pendrives made by all the four companies above, and can tell you they make both fast and slow ones, and the fast ones do cost a lot more. In the end, look around well before you buy......good luck.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
PNY has the shittiest service out of all.. avoid at all costs..
Id suggest Corsair or Kingston only.. Corsair preferred

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thanks for reply, the i am not planning to load os, i am planning to have a pen drive with all the os installation on it, so i can use any of the os from the same pen drive

and the PNY or Lexar are old, but in india they are not well known, it just now throught online shops they have started appearing in the indian maket,

thanks guys for your suggestion, looking for some snapdeal or ebay coupon to get some discount

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'd support sujay and harshil. Instead of compromising on cost and regret it later better wait and save up some cash and buy corsair.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
multi OS installs even 16GB is more than enough for that but 32GB is recommended.
don't go for 64GB pendrive instead of that get a HDD

also choose from excellent brands
Corsair
Kingston
Transcend

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
multi OS installs even 16GB is more than enough for that but 32GB is recommended.
don't go for 64GB pendrive instead of that get a HDD

also choose from excellent brands
Corsair
Kingston
Transcend

but can we install os via usb Hd, i doubt that, and how is ebay, i have seen many Sandisk 32 gb pen drive for 1000 rs

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
no shopkeeper willing to sell Transcend due to warranty issue even thought they have stock of it, i enquired at lamington road mumbai todays, will wait couple of days to see any price drop as the price are very high currently

Minion

Conversation Architect
thanks for reply, the i am not planning to load os, i am planning to have a pen drive with all the os installation on it, so i can use any of the os from the same pen drive

and the PNY or Lexar are old, but in india they are not well known, it just now throught online shops they have started appearing in the indian maket,

thanks guys for your suggestion, looking for some snapdeal or ebay coupon to get some discount

Get this
Strontium JET 16 GB Pen Drive - Strontium: Flipkart.com

Top Bottom