networking crashing again and again help!!!!

rabjabber

Journeyman
i have 4 floors in my house. i have a broadband connection on ground floor connected to a dlink modem router. untill a few days ago there were two more routers (belkin and another belkin(one switch is connected to belkin which is going to 5 other pc's) were connected to this dlink via ethernet. they were each on a different floor. the problem was that it was causing a lot of confusion as each one of them was broadcasting its own ssid. and for some reason i wasn't able to properly acces computers on other floors, the conction would break or some unidentifiable problem.
the i decided to scratch it all. i removed the two belkins and connected the switch directly ti dlink and buy three netgear wirekess range exteders. i set these up but they were still having four diff ssid. it stopped working after two days.

any solutions using the hardware i currently have.
i need to use remote admin and acces softwares on a server. there are many pc's and few phones and just two tablets.(r admin and softwares to be used just on pc's)

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
Does your any of the router supports repeater functionality? Check after-ddwrt option also.

sorry, i don't no stuff about networking and have no idea what these are and how to check on them

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
i'll try. i can't do that right now as i'm not i my home.
i googled about repeater function , most results say that it's the same as range extending( i.e there will still be two networks with two seperate SSID's).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Even I searched on google, and didn't come to a conclusion. Some sites claim single SSID, some not.

Nevertheless, since I haven't used it, I won't comment further, before I try it, which I'll do today.

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
I don't think so. As it says to connect both routers via wires, how will it result in range extension?

in my earlier setup all the 3 routers were hooked up by cable but the problem was that they were behaving as diff network. the article says it will be a single network with two routers therefore more range

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
see this:
NETGEAR WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender - NETGEAR Forums

i'm currently using the same range extender but there are 2 ssid's. i skimmed through tat forum but couldnt understand a thing. can you simplify it for me. and also tell me what are channels and all of that networking stuff.

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
after changing/renaming ssid in all 3 extenders restart dlink router,all extenders & pc/laptops.

i restarted routers and extenders 2-3 times, will try restarting pc's too

i restarted routers and extenders 2-3 times, will try restarting pc's too

didn't work, gonna try the labnol thing tonight will post tomorrow.

Even I searched on google, and didn't come to a conclusion. Some sites claim single SSID, some not.

Nevertheless, since I haven't used it, I won't comment further, before I try it, which I'll do today.

did u try it? did it work?

whatever the answer two the latter may be can u tell me what happened and what u did

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
help a guy in need here, are we all out of solutions?

i have a network in my school it has 100s & 100s of AP's but still one network

help

Top Bottom