Network browsing slow

Is my english good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
WHenever i browse computers on LAN in WINXP PRO it takes a lot time to open different computers.
Now tell me which registry keys must i delete to make LAN browsing (files)fast?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
humm....

one thing is that if u have any AVS... its realtime protection will slow u down.... test it with th real time protection.... & without the real time protection... see whats happens...

what kind of Poll qouestion u have ......

Mahes said:
It my english good?

& u have both the option "Yes".... hum what do u want to mean??

digen

Youngling
What exactly do you term as "slow"?
How much time is it taking for the shared folders to show up when accessed?
It could be that your network is a bottleneck w.r.t some component.Without knowing a few details its hard to comment what it is.
Provide details such as network card specs,whether using a hub/switch ?

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
i read somewhere (may be in tutorials) to delete some keys to make access network much easily fast in WIN XP
what are those keys

mediator

Technomancer
There are many reasons that make ur working pc's net slow!
1. As u mentioned its LAN,therefore due to browsing by other users on LAN could make ur browsing slow, as a single internet line is being shared!

2. ads,spywares,malwares,viruses could drastically plunge your system's browsin and performance!

3. Do u know WinXp by default works on 80% of actual net speed? Well u could increase it to 100%. For that pm me!

4. The system administrator might have limited that computers connection speed!

5. Use firefox for faster browsing!

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Man you are not understanding my questions.
I m not saying that my internet is slow.Im saying that when i click on network neighbourhood it takes ages to show the workgroup computers (in WINXP).But its fast in win98.
Now tell what keys in registry must be removed to solve this!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
abhishekkulkarni said:
mediator said:
3. Do u know WinXp by default works on 80% of actual net speed? Well u could increase it to 100%. For that pm me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it some kinda secret?

yup.... one more vote.... :? :?

@Mahesh

i found a option in system mechanic pro... about optimising the network performance.... have u try that...??

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Im not talking about network performance
WHen i click on a computer in Network neighbourhood it takes ages to show the computer contents and when i click on 'Back' button again it takes a long time to display the computers in the workgroup.
But its fine in win98.
I once solved this problem by removing a key in registry which i came to know by searching in digit forum and found the solution in a topic named ' winxp tweaks' or something.But im not able find it now.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Mahesh... there is a Pm button... pls click that..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_pm.gif

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I s'ppose he means this one from *v2.tlab404.com/articles/detail.asp?iFaq=316&iType=16

If you have a problem with network browsing, try this little tweak..which stops your computer from looking for the scheduled tasks on other present systems on the network.

Open up regedit

Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ Software/ Microsoft/ Windows/ CurrentVersion/ Explorer/ RemoteComputer/ NameSpace

Find a key named {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

Right click on it and delete it

Reboot

There's more at:
*www.ss64.com/nt/slow_browsing.html
*www.michna.com/kb/WxSlowNetworkBrowsing.htm

if only u googled.

If u want more options to enable/disable, try TuneUp utilities2004. In that, under the Network subsection, there's some 5 options to speed up networking.

ciao

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Hey siri after i deleted that key from registry, now whenever i click on "View workgroup computers" in Network Neighbourhood its displaying a message "WOrkgroup not accessible.......@$#%#""

Im fed up with this windows network neighbourhood.I haven't been able to open the LAN computers/unable to access it from the last 6months.Only in some rare occasions i could see the network computers and could share the files.

Is there any 3rd party free software thru which i can browse the LAN computers (e.g LAN explorer)?

hack expert

In the zone
hey man dat sucked had u backed up ur registry so dat u could have restored it

neway`s u wanted the software i`ll tell u

try IPscan 1.4

search it on google u`ll find it it scans all the computer on ur network
nn provides u with a variety of options from file sharing to remote computing

another one is quick tools here is the url

*www.geocities.com/matterlogic/QuickTools.zip

quick tools is the best one u can even voice chat or conference in addition
to file sharing and all the stuff mentioned above

Status