NETONE Users - need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun Kumar

Broken In
I have recently switched from sify dial up connection to BSNL NETONE dial up. I have noticed better services like less disconnections, better speed (19 to 32 kbps). I have not yet got bill from BSNL. Is there any NETONE user here. I want to know how they r billing. From their website, I understands that from 6.30 AM to 10.30 AM the cost comes abt Rs.24/hr and from 10.30 PM to 6.30 AM it comes abt Rs.13/hr. Is it correct or is there any hidden charges?

Netjunkie

In the zone
I recently dumped NETONE & got a SIFY broadband connection.

There are no hidden charges. U can verify the Net charges details in your bill, but the call charges are not shown separately.

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
@Netjunkie How long u had used NETONE & Why u dumped it. Is there any other reason besides speed. Speedwise, Sify Broadband may be good than NETONE, I just wants to know is there any other factor of NETONE. (I m ok with speed, it is giving). My major concern is abt cost. Is it costly if compared with other dial up connections (sifygold etc)

@desertwind

Website gives information as below

Access Charges = 10 paise per pulse (1 pulse = 60 seconds) i.e for 1 Hr its Rs.6.00

Call Charges =

6.30 AM to 10.30 PM = 3 min pulse (i.e. 20 pulse for 1 Hr ) = Rs.24 @Rs.1.20 per pulse (i.e total cost = Rs.30 /Hr)
10.30 PM to 6.30 AM = 10 min pulse(i.e. 6 pulse for 1 Hr) = Rs.7.20 (i.e total cost= Rs.13.20/Hr)

How u calculated the cost?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
You wrote the access charges right. but the call charges is not like that.
6.30 AM to 10.30 PM = 450 sec pulse ie. 8 pulses/Hr, 9.6 Rs/Hr
10.30 PM to 6.30 AM = 900 sec puse ie. 4 pulses/Hr, 4.8 Rs/Hr

Refer to the BSNL website for more details
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/internet_tariff.htm#local

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
If its cost that matters, why dont you use sancharnet 25/50/100 Hrs prepaid connection instead ? It has got free night surfing.

so that means
6.30 AM to 10.30 PM Rs. 5.4 +9.6 = 15/Hr
10.30 PM to 6.30 AM Rs. 0 + 4.8 = 4.8/Hr

Or you can have a second bfone exclusively for internet at a rent of Rs. 500 pm. no Call charges. Connection charges apply.

Netjunkie

In the zone
Arun Kumar said:
@Netjunkie How long u had used NETONE & Why u dumped it. Is there any other reason besides speed. Speedwise, Sify Broadband may be good than NETONE, I just wants to know is there any other factor of NETONE. (I m ok with speed, it is giving). My major concern is abt cost. Is it costly if compared with other dial up connections (sifygold etc)

yaar Arun,

I used it for more that a year. I am a heavy downloader & i was not comfortable with dialup. That was the only reason I took sify Broad Band. Calculate how much u spend on internet per month, & that should give u an idea if u still want to use dialup or switch to broadband.

If u end up spending anything close to 400 Rs on dialup, switch to broadband.

raasm287

Journeyman
hi there
i used to have a netone connection.
its tagline was 10 paise per minute.
but when my phone bill for one month arrived , I got to know that the local calling charges i.e., Rs 3/- p.m
is also included.
so have fun using netone

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
I am going to FAINT :shock: :shock: I have recieved my BSNL Bill yesterday, Its showing Rs.4,839/- Total call charges for total call of 2993 is Rs.3,591/-. My usage information for net access showing total pulse 1162 for May and 1569 for June. If I take both together i.e.2731 then call charges should be Rs.1.20*2731/3 taking into pulse of 3 min/pulse excluding night access which is 10 min/pulse (as per website). I have no much use of bfone for outgoing calls. As such the said calls should be only for net access. But how its so much. I am unable to understand the criteria of BSNL guys. Is there any help? (I understand that I have tough time ahead now to deal with these guys).
but when my phone bill for one month arrived , I got to know that the local calling charges i.e., Rs 3/- p.m
is also included.

@raasm287 do u mean to say Rs.3 per minutes. But local call charges are Rs.1.20 for 3 minute pulse. How they can charge Rs.3 per minute without disclosing it anywhere. I had thrice confirm the hidden charges on 1500 and BSNL customer care VERY SOFTLY explained me that i have to pay only amount shown in my usage information. Lateron I have found that it includes call charges also as mentioned on website

You wrote the access charges right. but the call charges is not like that.
6.30 AM to 10.30 PM = 450 sec pulse ie. 8 pulses/Hr, 9.6 Rs/Hr
10.30 PM to 6.30 AM = 900 sec puse ie. 4 pulses/Hr, 4.8 Rs/Hr

@desertwind
can u please explain me how they arrived above figure of my bills. If I consider ur information then also its can't be explained. My usage of two months net is 2731 pulse(1 pulse=60 sec). They r showing total call 2993 and total call charges Rs.3,591.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Calculate as follows

Call charges
2731 pulses x 1.2 Rs = 3277.2 Rs

Internet charges
Rs. 6/Hr ie 250Hrs(approx) x 6 Rs = 1500
according to your information you have 2731 pulses ie an average use of 250 Hrs both night and day inclusive.( Check their website for correct usage)
(Netone uses 15 min pulse for night and 7.5 min pulse for daytime)

So 3277 + 1500(approx) = 4777 (approx)

So it make sense.

Check their website for the exact usage time at day and night. and calculate as above, or if u send me that data, i can calculate it for u

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
Thanks desertwind

But my question is that 2731 is total pulse showing on my usage of net access. website says 1 pulse = 60 sec. It means I used it 2731 min in two months. This duration should be calculated according to 3 min pulse for day access and 10 min pulse for night access. If this can't be demarcated than 2731 should be divided by 3 for call charges. Nowhere the call charges shown on website has been reflected here?? I hop u got my question.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
One thing you must understand that BSNL prepare your bills according to the no of pulses u use, not the no of minutes.

The duration of pulses differ for different services. like
for local calls 1 pulse = 180 sec
to Mobiles , 1 pulse = 90 sec
for internet 1 pulse = 450 sec(day)/900 sec(night)

so 2731 pulses doesnt means that you have used 2731 minutes, but a lot more. the exact time can be calculated only if i know how much pulses u have used during day time and during night time.

irrespective of time charge per pulse is Rs. 1.2. should note the difference here, it is charge per pulse not charge per time. so even if u use at night or day, 1 pulse costs Rs. 1.2, the difference is in how much time a pulse is.

so your charge must be calculated as (no of pulses) * 1.2 ie in this case 2731*1.2 ie about 3270.

But access charges for netone is calculated per minute usage. as i've mentioned above, the exact timings can be calculated only by knowing seprate day/night pulse usages. Or you have to go to the netone website and note down your usage timings logged there.

I roughly calculated your usage timings as 250 Hrs approx. so the usage charges are calclated as 250x6 = 1500.

website says 1 pulse = 60 sec

which website says that ? can you give me the exact link ?

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
The duration of pulses differ for different services. like
for local calls 1 pulse = 180 sec
to Mobiles , 1 pulse = 90 sec
for internet 1 pulse = 450 sec(day)/900 sec(night)

check this link about netone services in up west.

www.upw.bsnl.co.in/opportunities.html

it says call charges 180 sec(day)/600 sec(night).

will u please tell me where it is 450 sec(day)/900 sec(night).

which website says that ? can you give me the exact link ?

Its on my usage information under my account on www.netonegzb.bsnl.co.in

there's a NOTE: The times are shown as per the server times at your Service Provider end, it may differ from the actual time.
1 pulse = 60 seconds.

Now to our main discussion: -

I can't forward u deailed data of my usage information. But let's discuss taking first three entries of my usage information. It goes as under: -

1. Start time = 30 Jun 2005 22:27:04
End Time = 30 Jun 2005 23:07:27
Total Pulse = 41
Charge(Rs.) = 4.10

2. Start time = 29 Jun 2005 21:28:55
End time = 29 Jun 2005 23:25:31
Total Pulse= 117
Charge(Rs.) = 11.70

3. Start time = 28 Jun 2005 21:28:48
End Time = 28 Jun 2005 22:02:51
Total Pulse = 35
Charge(Rs.) = 3.50

and details goes on

Now, when i deduct End time to Start time, i get time of my use of netone services. Statement at end just adds all entries given under Total pulse and all entries given under Total charges. To be precise, For May total pulse are 1162 and total charge are 116.20 and for June total pulse are 1840 and total charge are 184.0. What I understand is that the total pulse are 3002 and my total access charge are Rs.300.20. Now, my contention is that how these guy take 3002 as total pulse because here nowhere concept of 3 min pulse for day and 10 min pulse for night is reflected. This should be calculated as per my use (i.e. take entry no. 3, the call charges should be for 4 call*1.2 = Rs.4.80. (35 min/3) since its before 22:30 whereas for entry no.2 its should be 62/3 +55/10 = 26.1=27 calls*1.2 = Rs.32.40 taking minutes of use before 22:30 and after 22:30. I had met BSNL officials on Saturday. They have given me my details of call made during these two months. Its only 73 calls. when I mentioned about Netone services. They are just blank about it. Simply saying they can't help in this matter.

Am I correct in my calculations or is there any flaw in it because I m going to represent this in writing to bsnl officers.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Me too cant help in this issue. What i said is correct and working for me here. Its better to contact BSNL authorities.

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
Still not get clear concept to how bsnl guys are calculating the usage under netone services. I am dead sure about start time and end time shown in my usage information. They just tally with my use of netone service. In present bill, the pulse shown in my usage information has not been calculated taking into account the 3 min pulse for day and 10 min pulse for night. Can anybody else experienced the same billing because in my case, netone service had costs me Rs.60/- (call charges) + Rs.6/- (access charges) = Rs.66/- per Hr. As such, dumping it right now!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Netjunkie

In the zone
Are you sure BSNL charged you Rs.66/- per Hr.
It remainds me of the days when the Internet had just begun to enter our lives & I stll remember some Cybercafe's charged Rs.60 per Hr.
I think its some miscalculation on your part. Just try to have a look at it again, I used it for an year & never had such problems.

How exactly are you calculating the "call charges". They are not shown separately in your bill, Only the access charges are shown.

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
I think its some miscalculation on your part. Just try to have a look at it again, I used it for an year & never had such problems.

How exactly are you calculating the "call charges". They are not shown separately in your bill, Only the access charges are shown.

hi netjunkie, my bill is showing just call readings for two months and call charges thereof. Nowhere, access charges for netone services or call charges of netone services are shown in bill separately. In so far as my calculations are concerned, i had cleared it in my earlier posts by taking three entries of my usage information that how I am calculating my call charges for usage of netone services, Take a look. Am I correct or wrong? My contention is only that the concept of call charges @3 min pulse (day)/10 min pulse(night) has nowhere been reflected in my present bill. The amount of my bill can only be arrived if i take total pulse shown in my May & June usage information, (which are actually the actual time for which I had used netone services because I am quite sure the time shown in usage information tally with my use of service) and multiply it with Rs.1.20.
I am using Netone...I got billed 8763/-

Hi cheetah, had u taken the matter with bsnl guys or just satisfied with the bill. Was the bill correct as per usage of service?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I've been using it since BSNL has started the service. I always got the bill as per usage. ie

Rs 9.6 + 6 on day
Rs 4.8 + 6 on nights

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
I've been using it since BSNL has started the service. I always got the bill as per usage. ie

Rs 9.6 + 6 on day
Rs 4.8 + 6 on nights

@desertwind
u r lucky one. :? :?

I had met the BSNL guys but they just sent me here and there but no one has given satisfied answer to my queries. I am thinking to make a written complaint. My last date for payment of latest bill is 28 July, 2005. Will I pay the bill and take up matter later or keep the bill pending till settlement. Does it will effect my representation if I pay the bill because I think outstanding bill will create other problems to me like disconnections/court attachment etc. etc. What u guys say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom