net on pc using MO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satbir

Broken In
i know this topic has been discussed on the forum lots of times.......... but i'm still not getting the solution to my problem

i am using 6600 and and got MO activated(bangalore).............
i can access net on my cellphone but it doesn;t work when i try it on my lappy.... this is what i've done

in the DUN dialup connection i left username and pass fields blank
in the no. field i put *99#.......... and i click on dial ........it by-passes verifying usernme and pass..... but stuks at registering ur computer on the network and then the connection hangs up......... how do i solve this problem??
i am using bluesoleil(and i'm able to transfer files to and fro)........to connect the phone to the pc.......... do i need to connect to pc suite b4 dialing???

pls help!!!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Complete Procedure to get connected on-line using Airtel Mobile Office

Pairing Mobile Phone with PC:

1. Switch 'ON' Bluetooth of Mobile and PC
2. Enter Bluetooth set-up Wizard
3. Select second option 'I want to find a spe..', click 'Next'
4. It will show your Mobile name. Select it and click 'Next'
5. Select 'Dial-up Networking' from the list displayed
6. Now it will ask for 'Pairing'. Enter the Passcode. Mobile also asks for Passcode at this same time. Enter the same Passcode in Mobile too.
7. Click 'Finish'

Establishing Airtel Network Connection:

1. Start> Control Panel
2. Click 'Network Connections'
3. Click 'Create a new connection' at Top left
4. Click 'Next' in the wizard 'New Connection'
5. Select 'Connect to the Internet', click 'Next'
6. Choose 'Set up my connection manually' click 'Next'
7. Choose 'Connect using a 'Dial-up modem', click 'Next'
8. Select 'Bluetooth Modem', click 'Next'
9. Type ISP Name as 'Mobile Office', click 'Next'
10. Type *99***# in the Phone number field, click 'Next'
11. Leave User name and Password blank, click 'Next'
12. Click 'Finish'

outlaw

De@d
dude

its quite simple a call to customer care and u would have got the solution
[i faced the same problem some time back]

go to tools ->settings->connections->packet data->access point

and enter

airtelgprs.com all small letters no spaces in between

voila u'll get connected in 5 seconds

happy browsing buddy

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i guess you have correct GPRS settings and u activated those correctly.

when dial to GPRS 4m your pc using manual dial-up, be sure Nokia PC is completely stop, it runs on background.
start>run> type command 'msconfig'
and on startup delete all entries which is related with nokia....restart machine...

test it....

also be sure u actived MO, not NOP.....
NOP is also a GPRS service which is only usuable on phone, not from PC....

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
thanks for the replies.....

@outlaw......... i'd already entered the access point name as airtelgprs.com......... and i am able to open websites on my phone the problem is that i am not able to share this connection on my lappy.......

@kiran........... i tried those steps but when i dial......... it confirms username and pass but gets stuck at registering ur computer over the network........ how do i solvbe this prob??
by the way i am using a bluetooth dongle with bluesoliel to connect the phone to the lappy........ the lappy doesn't hav an inbuilt bluetooth device......

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Pairing mobile with laptop should solve the problem.
Anyways....Try searching Bluetooth devices in mobile and click 'connect'
PC will prompt for it. Just proceed with the steps..
Then PC bluetooth device gets added up in mobile.

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
@outlaw..... it says............ cannot connect to the remote computer....... i'll post the error code and the exact messagew next time

azzu

AJJU
go to control panel in ur comp and open phone and modem options and at top tab click on modems and high light ur modem and click properties of ur modem
and in properties click advanced tab at top and there will be a space for extra initialization code or something repale that string with this

AT+CGDCONT=,,"airtelgprs.com"

AND WIPPPEEEE UR CONNECTED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
by the way iam only 15 (age :D ) and repute me

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
check u r setting and access points ... or call 2 cust care airtel cust care is good in replying about this type of problem

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey i used the same sim card on my friends 6270 and it worked.........infact i'm writing this post from my lappy only..........
if this 6270 is doin the work......... wats wrong with my 6600??? y is it not bypassing that verifying username and password thing??

@azzu....... i tried that command but it didn't work.. after i enter that command and try connecting, it says that there is some hardware problem or something..... wat do i do now??

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey thanks every1......... i don't know how but its working with my 6600 now........ i didn't make any changes as such.......... i dnt know how it worked
........ but its working.......... thanks everyone.........

mods prob solved,plz lock this thread

outlaw

De@d
strangely today my n70 faced the same problem

then i realised that i had some internet applications running in the background so i just killed them and could get connected to the system

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
its quite possible that i was running somethin in the background last time..... i don't know........ but now its working fine and i'm really happy

but there is one thing thatz still bothering me........ how come an open application z preventing us from sharing the net connection between the phone and the pc??

Last edited:

outlaw

De@d
i donno

but still its better to kill all the other applications before connecting cuz it'll give u better speed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom