Net connection too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinathauti

Broken In
First of all I have a YOU Telecom connection.It has unlimited download and 256kbps speed.While browsing I get proper speed,but when downloading it goes as low as 5-10kbps.Calling customer support did not help.I tried DAP,FDM,Gigaget all sucked.uTorrent gives me 0.4kbps-4.7kbps.PS I set it according to the guide in this month's Fast Track.Has this got something to do with the fact that 6 people in my area have YOU as their ISP?Plz help

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
If you have 256kbps speed then you should get near about 32Kbps of downloading speed....

If there is a lot of activity(such as gaming, downloading torrents etc) from the other subscribers then it may slow up your downloading speed.

Did you try optimizing your Internet Connection using TuneUp Utilities or TCP Optimizer. Try doing that. And also try downloading with IDM.

If you have any firewall enabled, close it and try as it may block some ports....

Also try disabling Qos Scheduler which takes up 20% of your bandwidth for Windows!

Click Start-->Run and type gpedit.msc and press enter.

Doubleclick on Adminstrative Templates-->Network and highlight Qos Scheduler. On the right pane, doubleclick Limit Reservable Bandwidth.

Click on Enabled and changes Bandwidth limit to 0% and click OK.

Last edited:

INS-ANI

In the zone
@Disc, i tried the same method as precscribed by you, but at group policy menu i get an error :
MMC Could not create the snap-in
The snap in might not have installed properly.
name: group Policy object editor
CLSID:{XXXX...X}

beside, i am even not able to use command prompt/ipconfig function.
every time i try that i get a msg:
"~" not reconized as internal or external command,operator program or batch file.
Recently i started using MASM and hence experiencing this problem since then.

can i revert back to old settings?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^^ For 1st problem, check this: *www.raymond.cc/forum/general-forum/9783-mmc-could-not-create-the-snap-in.html

And for 2nd problem, check this *www.orafaq.com/forum/t/128750/0/

OP
adinathauti

adinathauti

Broken In
Hey I figured that Comodo was blocking my ports so i uninstalled it.But the problem still exists

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
As I stated earlier the total bandwidth is being used by 6 people which makes one's bandwidth go down... It may also be due to disturbance in telephone line.

Do one thing, install Tune Up Utilities 2009 and optimize the internet connection and check...

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^ I don't think it is a port issue anymore...it's because your locality has same ISP. I think they are downloading a lot or gaming online a lot! BTW did u scan your comp. with an antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom