Needed portable Netbook upto 25k

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
A friend of mine wants to buy a netbook or something similarly light for use in his studies. There will be no gaming of any kind and he is not looking for anykind of mindblowing performance.

Portability and battery life are of utmost importance and so is reliability. Anything else is purely a value add.

He will use this for this device mainly to read pdf's and other documents and to browse the web.

Preferably without any OS as he has a genuine Windows 7 copy. looking mainly at screen sizes 11' ~ 13' upto a max of 14'. So in a nutshell the requirements are:

• Portability (light weight, 11 ~ 13 inches)
  • Battery life (more, the merrier)
  • reliability (living away from cities, so)

He is willing to spend upto a maximum of 25k.
I'd be grateful if the suggestions are here before tonight. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ +1. worth the wait. more speed and more graphics power.

if your friend can't wait and game is not on his list of to do things: Asus 1215B-SIV007W. other than office task and watching HD videos, this processor is useless. way too slow for games to be playable. add 2Gb more ram and this one should offer 5hr backup easily.

OP
pranav0091

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks a lot. :)

@Sam: i was eyeing that one. and this thinkpad.

As for games, neednt worry. I havent seen play him any game, I mean ANY game, ever ;)
Although HDrips could creep into the menu...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ +1. worth the wait. more speed and more graphics power.

if your friend can't wait and game is not on his list of to do things: Asus 1215B-SIV007W. other than office task and watching HD videos, this processor is useless. way too slow for games to be playable. add 2Gb more ram and this one should offer 5hr backup easily.

The Asus you mentioned is having too weak CPU. Thinkpad x120e, as mentioned by pranav, is a MUCH better choice, either specs ,quality or brand wise. Even today's atom will beat them (asus netbook). :p

I too support waiting for brazos 2.0

DailyTech - AMD's Brazos 2.0, Trinity Storm Onto the Market

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
these Zacate based laptops will be there for quite sometime so it'll be better to wait for a month. this is what i have decided. if they perform as expected, then your friend should wait for it else go with the ThinkPad.

Top Bottom