Need your suggestions!!

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
Back again.
So, I wont be adding a new PSU or a CPU . That means I only require a GPU under 15K.
Options avb to me are R7 265 (130W TDP) , R9 270 (150W TDP) and R9 270X (180W TDP). My PSU is CM GX 450W 80+ Bronze, it will be able to provide fuel for 270X but the thing is I wont be able to think of any minor upgrades. I will be adding another 500gb/ 1tb hdd later. And might also OC my CPU a lil bit (because as [MENTION=92420]SlashDK[/MENTION] told me about his multiplayer exp)
Now [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] suggested me that I should go for R9 270X and downclock it by 100Mhz. Will this lower the max TDP of this card to the levels of R9 270? And what benefits do I get by getting 270X and down clocking it?

Apart from this I'll be buying a new monitor 21.5-22" from either Dell, AOC or BenQ.
What should I take into consideration while choosing monitor. I\ll be gaming only most of the time apart from browsing and movies. Wont do much programming or editing stuff since I have a laptop for that.

Cilus

laborare est orare
It will lower the power consumption. R9 270 is nothing but a downlclocked 270X. Every other specification is exact same for those two cards.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Back again.
So, I wont be adding a new PSU or a CPU . That means I only require a GPU under 15K.
Options avb to me are R7 265 (130W TDP) , R9 270 (150W TDP) and R9 270X (180W TDP). My PSU is CM GX 450W 80+ Bronze, it will be able to provide fuel for 270X but the thing is I wont be able to think of any minor upgrades. I will be adding another 500gb/ 1tb hdd later. And might also OC my CPU a lil bit (because as [MENTION=92420]SlashDK[/MENTION] told me about his multiplayer exp)
Now [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] suggested me that I should go for R9 270X and downclock it by 100Mhz. Will this lower the max TDP of this card to the levels of R9 270? And what benefits do I get by getting 270X and down clocking it?

Apart from this I'll be buying a new monitor 21.5-22" from either Dell, AOC or BenQ.
What should I take into consideration while choosing monitor. I\ll be gaming only most of the time apart from browsing and movies. Wont do much programming or editing stuff since I have a laptop for that.

dell s2240l not recommended for gaming for movies and stuff its ok but not for gaming................. telling from personal experience so far...........

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
dell s2240l not recommended for gaming for movies and stuff its ok but not for gaming................. telling from personal experience so far...........

Hmm.. I read this somewhere too...
Gamiing is good on VA type monitors, thats what I read.
That means BenQ monitor I linked above seems better. Its 1K cheaper too

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Hmm.. I read this somewhere too...
Gamiing is good on VA type monitors, thats what I read.
That means BenQ monitor I linked above seems better. Its 1K cheaper too

idk why but in mine screen tearing occurs like 75% screen would be different from the rest 25% for some frames.........u could actually see a visible line made by that.....ruins the experience.........

also the inbuilt gaming mode of this monitor sucks real bad..........

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
So I ended up getting R7 265 (Sorry [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] I made this decision even after your suggestions). I actually wanted to go for 270 but it was out of stock from MD. Other store had almost 1k-1.5k price gap .
Then I thought whats the point of going to R9 series when all I'm going to play is Dota :( and occasionally other games. I also have to order a netbook for mom so I had to cut into budget of mine...
Btw I also ordered BenQ 21.5" screen since it still is a good choice when its priced at 7.5K only as compared to Dell 8.5k and AoC 9.5k .
Anywyas thanks for your help..all of you

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
post the link..

he said AMD overheats that's it . You dare question him?

- - - Updated - - -

idk why but in mine screen tearing occurs like 75% screen would be different from the rest 25% for some frames.........u could actually see a visible line made by that.....ruins the experience.........

also the inbuilt gaming mode of this monitor sucks real bad..........
screen tearing caused by monitor??? Correct me if I am wrong but afaik it's GPU's drawing capability that causes screen tearing.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

- - - Updated - - -

screen tearing caused by monitor??? Correct me if I am wrong but afaik it's GPU's drawing capability that causes screen tearing.

I am using the same monitor and till date I have not faced any tearing issues.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

- - - Updated - - -

then i think my gpu drawing capabilities would be too low to play even normal videos..............

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
then i think my gpu drawing capabilities would be too low to play even normal videos..............

You do realize the fact that screen tearing is happening because when your GPU draws faster than the monitor and a frame is out of sync.which means for example you are playing a game which the GPU is phenomenally capable of rendering at more than 60 FPS at high+ settings and you have a 60hz monitor where you are getting 100-120 FPS and also have v-sync off.

Screen tearing occurs when you have parts of two or more frames on the screen at the same time. This will be most apparent in a game that is generating hundreds of frames while you turn around quickly; you will see the bottom of the screen out of alignment with the top of the screen, as if it were trying to catch up.

Now what you are claiming that the GPU is too weak or the monitor is buggy, both are highly unlikely, screen tearing by far mostly happens when you are playing a less demanding game with more FPS than the refresh rate of the monitor --meaning your GPU is okay, not otherwise, because before that your eyes would be too busy to be worried about 20-30 FPS and laggy gameplay and also it does not makes sense that below 60FPS screen tearing is happening or how, until the game engine is really really bad and screwed up you CAN NOT notice tearing in that FPS bracket.

better tell us which game you are playing at what settings and how much FPS you are getting etc etc and the same experience with v-sync on

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
You do realize the fact that screen tearing is happening because when your GPU draws faster than the monitor and a frame is out of sync.which means for example you are playing a game which the GPU is phenomenally capable of rendering at more than 60 FPS at high+ settings and you have a 60hz monitor where you are getting 100-120 FPS and also have v-sync off.

Screen tearing occurs when you have parts of two or more frames on the screen at the same time. This will be most apparent in a game that is generating hundreds of frames while you turn around quickly; you will see the bottom of the screen out of alignment with the top of the screen, as if it were trying to catch up.

Now what you are claiming that the GPU is too weak or the monitor is buggy, both are highly unlikely, screen tearing by far mostly happens when you are playing a less demanding game with more FPS than the refresh rate of the monitor --meaning your GPU is okay, not otherwise, because before that your eyes would be too busy to be worried about 20-30 FPS and laggy gameplay and also it does not makes sense that below 60FPS screen tearing is happening or how, until the game engine is really really bad and screwed up you CAN NOT notice tearing in that FPS bracket.

better tell us which game you are playing at what settings and how much FPS you are getting etc etc and the same experience with v-sync on

i think it was tomb raider ultra preset with virtu mvp in d mode ........

- - - Updated - - -

and ya it mostly occurs during normal video not during gameplay like cut scenes or intro video its its not occurring that much........ i think the problem is with my hdmi cable since everyone is telling monitor is ok........

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
i think it was tomb raider ultra preset with virtu mvp in d mode ........

- - - Updated - - -

and ya it mostly occurs during normal video not during gameplay like cut scenes or intro video its its not occurring that much........ i think the problem is with my hdmi cable since everyone is telling monitor is ok........

buggy game engine also can cause tearing

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

what i heard is that amd fx6300 stock cooler is enough even for a small overclock of few mhz. that simply means it should be fine on the stock speed. so there could be something wrong somewhere for the overheating. so i asked him to post a link saying fx6300 actually overheats.

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no overheating issue with FX-6300 as it comes with the same copper pipe based cooler comes with FX-8320 and 8350. And it is also 95W TDP Processor and can be overclocked around 300MHz over the stock speed with the stock cooler.

Top Bottom