Need your suggestions/ expert opinions on my gaming rig

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Dear All,

I seek your kind help towards the config of my new rig which I intend to purchase somewhere by mid June 2013.

Below I have answered the standard questionnaire template-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primarily towards Gaming and watching Full HD videos+ 3D videos. Games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider 2013, Battlefield 4, Dead Island Riptide, GTA 4, Max Payne 3, Metro Last Light, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Call of Duty Ghosts, Sleeping Dogs, Prey 2 are in my To-Do list.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 55k INR...extendable up to 60k INR max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, only the graphics card.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: None. Will use my existing ones. Later invest on a SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I shall be using my AOC LED 42" Full HD 3D TV, resolution- 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Hard drive, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers, Cabinet, UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By June 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Locally- yes. In case not available, I am open for online purchase.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: a. Please suggest me an AMD rig only. Reason being I am currently owning an AMD rig and very happy with it.

b. Going through the various threads here I have come up with the below config. Pls suggest.
AMD FX 8350
ASUS - M5A97 EVO R2.0
Corsair TX650V2UK / Seasonic SS750JS -- Bit doubtful here
SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 OC with Boost VAPOR-X
ASUS DRW-24D3ST
G.Skill ripjaws / Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 -- Bit doubtful here

c. Will the above arrangement fit in a Zebronics Rage cabinet?

d. I am at office now, so my responses will be bit delayed. Sorry.

Looking forward to your suggestions/ feedback.

Many thanks in advance,
Tanmoy.

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
Get a good cabby as well
Zeb should not be the home for this nice rig :mrgreen:
For PSU stick with corsair
8 GB ram should be more than enough stick with gskill

ankush28

Bazinga
yeah i agree with masterkd get good cabby.
zebronics' build quality and cable management is crap.
get NZXT GAMMA, NZXT GUARDIAN, ANTEC X1, CORSAIR 300R/400R, whichever suits your budget.
I recommend corsair 400r.
For PSU both are good, my vote go for corsair.

yeah i agree with masterkd get good cabby.
zebronics' build quality and cable management is crap.
get NZXT GAMMA, NZXT GUARDIAN, ANTEC X1, CORSAIR 300R/400R, whichever suits your budget.
I recommend corsair 400r.
For PSU both are good, my vote go for corsair.

the1337est

Hardcore Gamer
Get a Corsair Carbide 400R (Rs 6,300) case and a Corsair TX650 (Rs 6,000). And for the RAM, both Corsair Vengeance and G.Skill RipjawsX are equally good, get whichever you get cheaper (~Rs 4200 for 2x 4GB). Getting a CM Hyper 212+ Evo cooler would be nice for overclocking the CPU in future. Should be in your budget.

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
thanks a lot for your prompt responses guys...so below is what I have finally come to

AMD FX 8350
ASUS - M5A97 EVO R2.0
Corsair TX650V2UK
SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 OC with Boost VAPOR-X
ASUS DRW-24B5ST
G.Skill ripjaws 1600 MHz 8 GB
Corsair Carbide 400R

Will the above config now fit in my budget? Can someone pls provide a part-by-part price if i buy all these from a local store in Kolkata say Vedant Infotech? Rough estimate will do, Thanks.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
thanks a lot for your prompt responses guys...so below is what I have finally come to

AMD FX 8350 - 11500
ASUS - M5A97 EVO R2.0 7100
Corsair TX650V2UK - 5500
SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 OC with Boost VAPOR-X - 21500
ASUS DRW-24B5ST -1000
G.Skill ripjaws 1600 MHz 8 GB - 4400
Corsair Carbide 400R - 4800

Will the above config now fit in my budget? Can someone pls provide a part-by-part price if i buy all these from a local store in Kolkata
say Vedant Infotech? Rough estimate will do, Thanks.

see answer in highlight

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
many thanks Ashish...total comes out to 55.8k INR (which is in my budget)

Few queries- forgive me if i sound stupi/n00b in some of them

1. Do I need a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler? I have no plans to overclock the CPU in future. Only the graphics card.
2. Corsair 650W is fine enough for my config, right? even if i overclock the graphics card?
3. I think I will go for NZXT Crafted Series Guardian 921 RB USB 3.0. Got some killer looks :)
4. Just out of curiosity, how much will a PCI-e 3.0 based AMD mobo cost?

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
many thanks Ashish...total comes out to 55.8k INR (which is in my budget)

Few queries- forgive me if i sound stupi/n00b in some of them

1. Do I need a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler? I have no plans to overclock the CPU in future. Only the graphics card.
2. Corsair 650W is fine enough for my config, right? even if i overclock the graphics card?
3. I think I will go for NZXT Crafted Series Guardian 921 RB USB 3.0. Got some killer looks :)
4. Just out of curiosity, how much will a PCI-e 3.0 based AMD mobo cost?

1)no need of hyper cooler as amd stock cooler are more than enough

2)yes 650w is more than enough even for oc both cpu and gpu

3)looks doesnot matter,matter is quality.i donot know about this cabi

4)pci 2.0 = pci 3.0 in performance.gpu never utilize its full speed

see here @x16 speed - *tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Ivy_Bridge_PCI-Express_Scaling/images/perfrel.gif

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
if you are not planning for DUAL or more card setup PCIex16 2.0 is enough for any card

as you will be buying around mid june wait(if you can) few more days for release of GTX 770 & 760Ti as rumored prices of these beasts are shocking

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
if you are not planning for DUAL or more card setup PCIex16 2.0 is enough for any card

as you will be buying around mid june wait(if you can) few more days for release of GTX 770 & 760Ti as rumored prices of these beasts are shocking
no..i ain't planning on crossfire/SLI...and yes i can wait for release of GTX 770 & 760Ti...thanks avinandan :)

flyingcow

Shibe

But will these cards get released in india too?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Obviously. GTX 780 was released on May 23rd and they are already available in Kolkata, M.D. Computer.

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Price Rs 29,990 | TopGadget

*gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7970-vs-GeForce-GTX-770

Last edited:
Top Bottom